DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
Gee, I thought I was the only Republican Racer................... Rolling YaYa Joan

That makes two of us... hug

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Eyes Eyes Eyes boring

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JordanPR22:
chuck, you know who is all planning on coming for the Pro Mods Friday? i heard there will be some new faces there!!

There is a possibility that the Hussey Performance BB/AM owned and driven by David Allen will be joining us for the Pittsburgh Pro Mods this Friday. They just built a new engine and want to get some test hits on a good track. They run a 331 inch small block blown on alcohol. Car is capable of a 4.30 on a good run so they will be in deep against the numbers the Pro Mod guys can run.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Josh!! Thanks for the congrats. I really appreciate the kind words. You are First class my friend and I miss seeing you at the track. It was not an easy task winning the championship at all. The great drivers in street are very tough too beat week in and week out. Thanks again Josh Wirt, you are the man!!

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Hope to be there on Friday too. This time more beer! No pics though in the winner's circle!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
Gee, I thought I was the only Republican Racer................... Rolling YaYa Joan

Hey Mikey,

That makes three of us big idea

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Some stuff from Bangshift.com (awesome site btw) about Drag Week at Indy yesterday:

Larry Larson, who currently leads the unpredictable Unlimited class by a wide margin ran a 7.01 second blast at well north of 200mph and the car wasn't working all that hard. We had heard that Larry was going to try and uncork a six-second lap at Indy, but perhaps it will be coming tomorrow, or even later in the week. His early week clutch issue behind him, Larry has to be feeling good right now.

The clutch in Walt Reynold's Camaro was heading south in a big way as the group was preparing to leave the race track. The pressure plate was failing and Chad expected that they would be having to make the drive by literally bang-shifting the thing by matching revs on the way to the next stop. The phones were melting down with suggestions and leads on a new clutch for the car.

Jeff McConnell suffered a heartbreaking elimination today when he was unable to get to the race track before the designated arrival time and was disqualified from further competition this week. His car had suffered a fuel injector failure (apparently the body of the damned thing cracked....when does that happen?!) and he was also looking for a vacuum pump as the one on the car had failed. Jeff was leading the Small Block Naturally Aspirated class by more than 6-tenths of a second.

The crazy group of Aussies campaigning a Chevelle at the event ran into what should have been a week wrecking issue, but with the help and encouragement of their fellow Drag Week racers, they have turned it into an epic story. The put the rods out of the big block in the Chevelle, rendering it, and their hopes of Drag Week glory all but dead. This was a bad one too, apparently there were holes in the block and all. Instead of giving up, the guys went to O'Reily's Auto Parts, bought a long block and were installing it at the track. While this disqualifies them from competition, they will finish the week with the group. Apparently the track crew at IRP loaned these dudes a fork truck to remove their blown up junk and to install their new re-man long block. Epic fun!

Jeff Lutz's 7.20-zone pass and 200 mph trap speed qualifies him for the Hot Rod Drag Week 200mph club. Now all he has to do is make it the rest of the way and he'll join a very elite club!

Stay tuned for photos and video from Indy coming late tonight on the east coast or late evening on the left coast!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
They are at Milan this morning, then PRP tomorrow morning... it is possible we could see a 6.9x or better pass at PRP!!

Hot Rod Magazine's link, with results and vids:

Drag Week coverage

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What is SCDDRS that is running on sunday 9/19?

Chris

Posts: 8 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
SCDDRS is the Steel City Diesel Drag Racing Series for diesel trucks... some pretty quick full sized trucks i may add...

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, just wondering.
Any idea when they post if the track will be open for test & tune tonight? Looks like rain all day/night.

Chris

Posts: 8 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
Jeff Lutz just went 7.08 @ 198 in Milan... Larson and Lutz are guaranteed to put on a good show...

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
track website says track is closed... more info should be up soon

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550

FOREVER 53

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Stupid question,
Is tonight 8th mile or quarter...also is it regular 5tenths tree or pro? Duh?

Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
really p isses me off how prp changes the format after the race starts..no buy backs when they are advertised!!why?to late?if you dont want to race late then stay the f@#ck home..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Chuck T. On his win last night!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
really p isses me off how prp changes the format after the race starts..no buy backs when they are advertised!!why?to late?if you dont want to race late then stay the f@#ck home..

Or you could just win first round and not have to worry about it Rolling?!?

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
no sh it bill barr."mr non racer".but i sux and need more practice,did figure 1 thing out..its not my car that suxs its me!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bill it didn't take a whiz to figure that out! Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:

I don't know why I keep banging my head against the wall thinking that PRP will EVER have a set of rules that don't get changed each and every time we race. We have a racer that runs 13.8s and never wears a helmet (and drives a ragtop to boot!) Why do I have to be the enforcer of IHRA rules and demand that the racer puts on a helmet? Where is our Management and Tech Crew?? It's still the Old Keystone where the rules are only rules when it is convenient.
BTW - it was also announced last week that the Deniker/Brewer bonus money was to be awarded the last day of points. OOPS, it's still Keystone.....
This are my words, and I stand by them.
Joan Engelhardt

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post