DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
Anyone know why they aren't letting local racers participate in the gamblers races at the div.? At Skyview they had a Box/Nobox that paid $1200 a side for $60...nice little race.

I thought the "All Others" gamblers race class would cover local racers??

If not, that seems a bit odd.

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
qcr is running a 2 day race friday and sat this week,paying $1000 each day..50.00 entry or 90. for 2 days...fyi!!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
No the power tour hasn't come yet, and as far as I know it's still going to come.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i think the "all others" was intended for the index classes.
i know i was hoping that the gamblers would have been open to all racers.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Really did'nt notice any traction problems there. Did'nt matter what lane but that just might be "The Judge" and its love affair with PRP! lol

555 cu in
turbo 400
3100 lbs........(yea..its heavy i know)
LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
You think 3100 is heavy??? Laughing Rolling

Hot Rod Power Tour is a completely separate event, and I believe already completed for this year. Power Tour is a week long car cruise, that moves each day. It's a great time, did it twice.

Hot Rod Drag Week IS coming to PRP on Friday, September 17. It sounds awesome, judging from some of the past years competition. The info for it and the schedule is on the link:
2010 Hot Rod Drag Week

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Deepest condolences to Larry Depretis after his mother's passing on Monday.

Loretta Anna Depretis passed away on Monday, August 2. Visition will be on Wednesday from 6-9 pm and on Thursday 2-4 & 7-9 pm at the Jefferson Memorial Funeral Home, 301 Curry Hollow Rd, Pleasant Hills.

http://www.legacy.com/obituari...estory&pid=144471380

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
haha! 3100lbs aint that heavy man! im the lightest car in my entire family at around 3150 with me in it. every one else is 3450lbs up to almost 4000lbs. now thats weight. and chuckster knows how that goes in a cutlass lol Wink

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
3150 with me in it.

Now that's funny. What does it weigh without you in it, 3050?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
John, the mx track makes alot of duster during the week, the dust sinks down into the racing surface, if it is not cleaned or scrapped properly during the week, when the crew does the track prep, they will never get it right, the compound wont stick, ect... it has become a new issue this season. and when its not taken care of correctly during the week, it keeps the traction from being at its tip top shape. you can drag and spray and heat and do w\e you want to the track but if there is dirt underneath it will never be like it could be. and thats something my uncle has noticed this season. and has always worked on during the week... now we done have that. believe it or not rain during the week helps us out. keeps mx track dust free and if there is any layers on the track it atleast HELPS wash it away SOME. obviously there is still traction out there. but it will most likely never reach its full potential without the guro of glue

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
nick,
that is prob. the best explanation i have ever heard of the track prep.
its definitely not just a few hour prep before racing starts.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red or Dead MOPAR:
haha! 3100lbs aint that heavy man! im the lightest car in my entire family at around 3150 with me in it. every one else is 3450lbs up to almost 4000lbs. now thats weight. and chuckster knows how that goes in a cutlass lol Wink

Nick knows! Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattCadamore:

3075 without 'fro

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
3075 without 'fro

Is that a referrence to one of my favorite movies?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Look! Defenseless babies!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy belated birthday to Matt Wybiral!

Happy birthday to Keith Bowman!

Happy anniversary to my parents, their 49th is today.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Happy birthday to Keith Bowman!

... did they find this date, chiseled into the wall of a cave somewhere???

Confused

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
What's your name, Love?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
If you shoot me, you're liable to lose a lot of those humanitarian awards.