DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bob Deniker,

Did you find the problem?

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by suprcheby:
Bob Deniker,

Did you find the problem?

Not sure yet Bob. But I replaced everything in the car. Dizzy, cap, rotor, plugs, coil, msd box, and ripped out every single wire that was in the car and replaced it with a painless wiring harness and switch panel with relays on everything. Just about done, thanks to Egan, but we drank too much beer during the week and its not quite ready for today.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1/2 second swing in ETs - need help

The last two weeks prior my car randomly slowed almost a 1/2 second in the 1/4. 60' went from 1.65 to 1.72, ET dropped from 11.95 to 12.35, and mph from 111 to 108. Today went from 12.18 to 12.67 then 12.35. Can't win crap like this.

Once the engine gets up to temp it sounds sick. Idles okay, but just isn't crisp. I went through the carb, fuel pressure is steady, changed HEI coils, leakdown didn't show anything too bad, from 8% to 20%. Some say converter but I say engine. Last year had a couple valves tight in the guides. Could that be happening again once the engine warms up?

350 sbc, solid flat tappet cam, HEI, nothing special engine. What am I missing?

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
good job to bob brehm and mark verdonie..these 2 were in the finals at prp saturday night!!!good job guys..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
good job to bob brehm and mark verdonie..these 2 were in the finals at prp saturday night!!!good job guys..

My racing career has been religated to being a Verdoni "rabbits foot"...lol

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to give a shout out to Dave Dominick. I’ve seen Dave and his dad around for years but never really talked to them, well last week we had a chassis problem and Dave went out of his way to help us out and get us back on track not worthy thanks

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mark Verdoni !!!!!!! Great job so happy for you. You are gettin on a roll look out. Thats so cool. Great Job To Bob Brehm also!!! Bob Deniker congrats to you to. A couple of team cars. Great job to all you guys!!!!

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
looks like aj, mark, matt and stewie went out third round in bristol...still a great job guys!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Great job Mark Romeo on getting to the final before the rain came at Bristol, all you guys drove good down there

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
hey scotty...the dragster looks awesome!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hello Folks,
I see on PGH's schedule rain make up day. Are you guys racing Saturday and Sunday this week for July 24th and 25th? Let me know

LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
mark romeo!!!awsome job man.that gave me goose bumps reading it.. not worthy not worthy

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
and yes lou..prp is racing 2 days next week.. Party Party

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
I'm in!

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
great.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
Picture of Matt W 84
posted Hide Post
Chuck T. Can you send me an email, I have a big favor to ask of you.

matt@wybiral.com

"Pissing excellence since 1974."

Posts: 25 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: June 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Good job Mark Romeo! See you this weekend!

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
looks like Jeff Lutz got another yellow turbo car to campaign? anyone know more about this?

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Big time congratulations to Mark Romeo for being the co-winner of the $3k gambler's race Saturday night at the World Footbrake Challenge! Rain moved in before the final could be run, so it was an even split of the cash. It was another great time and great event. Matt OberTANec (not "Obernack) did awesome on Satuday as well, getting to 12 cars, beating Chris Plott (who won the $10k Sunday) along the way. I was pulling for Mikey, AJ, Mark, and Matt, because I was, to use Mark's phrase, bringing a plastice butterknife to a machine gun fight.

Jeff - I'll try to take a pic of the 3-D merge spacer I have and send it to you, see if that helps you any.

Lou - yes, racing Saturday and Sunday at PRP

Scotty - happy belated birthday, hope you had a good one!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post