DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
3pm start time will allow folks who have to work a chance to get to the track.

Ok, If you think about it thou there will be two time runs as is typical I'm assuming. Then Dial for Dollars which is almost another time run that could include the entire field, potentially. Then for buybacks you have an additional elimination round with what potentially could be half of the field and since round two can't happen until the buyback round winners get cooled down that adds additional time.
Another assumption is that TCR and JR's get finished in time for the big cars to start at 3. So if there are then some oil downs, as can always happen it might be a really, really late night!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A couple other mental notes I made from the meeting:

-TNT night is an hour longer.
-Track prep the same regardless of TNT or bracket day
-The True Street/King of Street has a 25 mile drive before the race
-The old PID announcer (sorry don't remember his name) will be the new announcer
-more race days than I can afford! which means I need to win some this year...

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think there should be random pairings for every set, not just to decide what lanes will run. So, if lane 10 is pulled first, then lane 7, pills that is, 10 will be the left lane and 7 the right? If Greg wants us to talk to him that's fine. I believe he always listens. But, he needs to work on responding quicker, when he does to emails, phone, etc. All this said, I liked what I heard and thik things are moving in the right direction. Can't wait to race now.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
On a side note, I thought it was funny that with all the changes the only thing that was contested was the "free pass". Now, maybe someone can talk Carmen into leaving the Cafeteria open a little longer. Big Grin

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
is there a gamblers race this saturday????

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
is there a gamblers race this saturday????

Bass boats are tough to dial, might want to stick to TNT... Busted

Unfotunately, no I don't believe there is a gamblers on the opening TNT.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ironman, the new announcers name is Jim Senkewitz. As you said, Jim was the announcer at PID years ago and has already done the announcing at PRP at the annual PID Reunion/Nostalgia race. I'll send Jim a e-mail and have him come to this site and post something about himself. Jim knows drag racing and knows many of the racers and will be a great addition to the PRP staff.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
website schedule says there is..must have read that wrong.. crying

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Where did Big Steve go? He had me rolling every week. I thought he did a great job IMO.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
hey pittsburgh, yeh where did steve go? he really made me laugh. i thought he did a great job. how was the attendance at your drivers meeting?

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Joe, I respect what you're saying, but I think it's a good system to pull lanes at the start, rather than every driver in all lanes having to be ready right now.

Yes, talk to Greg. Give him a chance to respond, call him at the track or email him at miller@pittsburghracewaypark.com . He's one person doing all of this, trying to get us all a great race season. Josh is now back full time so Greg has more help now.

No gambler's race this Saturday Bill. Thanks for pointing that out, we'll fix that.

At bracket finals last year, Big Steve told me he was done, too many irons in the fire. I told him we're all going to miss him. I was hoping he'd be at GGG, but Count Sandbagula stayed in his coffin. He said he may be at the Pro Am and bracket finals if IHRA hires him on.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Donnelly:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
3pm start time will allow folks who have to work a chance to get to the track.

Ok, If you think about it thou there will be two time runs as is typical I'm assuming. Then Dial for Dollars which is almost another time run that could include the entire field, potentially. Then for buybacks you have an additional elimination round with what potentially could be half of the field and since round two can't happen until the buyback round winners get cooled down that adds additional time.
Another assumption is that TCR and JR's get finished in time for the big cars to start at 3. So if there are then some oil downs, as can always happen it might be a really, really late night!

Hi Michael, just to be clear on a couple of things...

It's reentry, not buybacks. First round losers are buying a re-entry, as opposed to buying back into second round. Winners of the re-entry round move on to round 2 with the rest of the round 1 winners. Racing will not be held up for cool down time of the re-entry winners. Re-entry winners will be expected to be back in the lanes for Round 2 when called.

TCR will run in its entirety to start the day, before junior dragster starts. This will allow the junior racers who want to run TCR do so without having to stress about going from class to class. They can run TCR, then switch modes to do what they need to do in juniors. The last 2-3 rounds of juniors will be mixed in with the big cars (see my post on the previous page).

If we have a nice turnout, have some oil downs, weather acts up, well, to me, that's all part of racing. If it means a late night, that's also part of racing. Overall, I have faith the program will run smooth, even with big turnouts, and we'll be done most evenings around 11.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll man up. I'd like to say sorry to Greg Miller for the post above. Apparently, it was misunderstood as a slam against him. Not so. I was voicing my opinion. I'm stupid Both he and the track have my support, no matter what. I know he has worked hard and long to get things ready for our season. So, I'll see you guys at the track. I'm done on here.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My thought is that late night racing separates the boys from, well, the men (and the women...)You have to really know your car to go from dialing in on a hot sunny afternoon down to chilly nights and the dew coming down...We have always had more fun in the Street Lanes after midnight - and Markie and Nick make the best bonfires!! Rolling

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i like all the changes...ill be ready by next weekend or so. looking forward to friday-saturday racing. starting at 3 is awesome. racing at night is much better anyways!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
I've seen the sun come up at Norwalk...I'm sure we won't be that late Big Grin...Sounds like some great racing this year at PRP.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey guys was anything said about whether the were gonna use crosstalk in s/pro this year?

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There was nothing mentioned about crosstalk but I would assume we are not going to use it as we have not in the past.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hi Clint, I got verification from Greg. PRP has not used crosstalk since it is not used at bracket finals, and it will be the same way this year... no crosstalk.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks and just wanted to be sure.

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post