DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
it might be quiet now but when i fire up the pumpkin pontiac at the swap meet you guys will hear the rumble all the way out in ohio.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Due to the nice weather todays test and tune has been cancelled to allow everybody time to get their yard work and honey dos done! Big Grin

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A few years back there was a car racing at PRP that kind of looked like a sprint car. The person who built the car was a older fellow and I think might have been from the Johnstown area. I haven't seen the car in maybe 2 years now. Anyone know what happened to the car or the owner ?

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i remember that car...he was sponsered by quaker steak and lube

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Matt,
I don't think he had any sponsorship on it at all. I was talking with him and he built the car himself and I think it might have a red color. He always pitted on the upper right side down close to the bend.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful day for the opener today! I really enjoyed spending the day at PRP. Hopefully there will be plenty of nice weather this year on race days!

PS: Mikey, your red Mustang looks even better in person! Awesome job!

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Why are you not working on your car?

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Because I was out enjoying a beautiful day at the track! I needed that!

Hey, I talked to Uncle Kevin about his schedule for working on the car at the garage. You'll have to call me when you get a chance or I'll talk to you tomorrow at Robby's. I want to get this thing done already!

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Cadamore is thinking of Gene Habbyshaw. He was around a good while ago... something like the 2002 season, maybe 2003?

I know the car you're thinking of, Andamo, but I have no idea who the guy was or what happened to him and the car. I'm pretty sure he was there last season, although the longer I work there, the more the years blend together!

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Josh, I know what you mean about the years blending together. I was looking thru some photos taken at PRP in the past 5 years, and there a lot of cars that raced that no longer show up.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kim... Im happy with the look of the car I just need to get some bugs worked out and win some rounds Big Grin

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I want to Thank everyone for the help and support of our success for the opening day, it was a beautiful day with lots of spectators, reminded me of the old days when I looked and seen people sitting on the roofs of there cars and standing against the fence plus all who attended got time to get some bugs worked out and some found that they have a few gremlins to fix and some just had it clicking. There was a number of comments of the day and all were positive. Noticed a number of cars that are different, some regular faces with new rides and some I have not seen or know but I will be taking the time to get to know them in the near future. I will have updates on the homepage tomm and I will share something with everyone that is very cool and special.

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter and take the time to ENJOY the day being with FAMILY & FRIENDS and remember the ones close to the heart who no longer are here.

Last, I noticed many may not know but someone got alittle older today, Happy Birthday Mr. Russ Benish

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
happy birthday Russ = ARE YOU 29!!!

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Russ Happy Birthday. Bill T

Posts: 23 | Location: pittsburgh pa. | Registered: December 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The sprint car was Gene Habbyshaw sponsored by The Lube. You may be seeing that car again. Gene loaned the car to some people at the New Castle School of Trades who put an engine together for it and will be racing it around the area.

Dan, I believe the car you're thinking of is a dirt late model. The guy's name is Jim Baker and I saw him at the drivers meeting. He used to race the car on dirt and didn't really have to switch a whole lot of stuff to bracket race. Think it's got his 415 dirt motor in it and has run 10.17 at 128.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Actually, I should correct myself. Gene's car was not a sprint car but was a Champ car driven by Johnny Parsons. I couldn't tell you what the differences between a Champ car and a Sprint car are, but I know they are not the same.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
HEY GREG,GREAT TURNOUT FOR A TEST&TUNE.MUST OF BEEN 150 PEOPLE JUST SPECTATING.I DIDN'T GET RICH AT THE SWAP MEET BUT I GOT SOMEONE INTERSTED IN BUYING MY PONTIAC.YOU GOT TO HOLD THAT PIT SPOT BY THE PLAYGROUND.I THINK THE NUMBER IS 406.IF THE WEATHER IS GOOD THIS WEEKEND I'LL BE MOVING IN.HOW MUCH & WHO GETS THE CHECK.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Russ!

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Russ.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Russ

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post