DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
still got my bump down set for -50 just for that reason!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna need some advice and then help with pouring a concrete pad for a pavillion. I think I'm the only Italian guy that can't finish concrete. Maybe it's because I have a small amount of Irish blood too. But I can bring the whiskey lol.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well if you said Bud instead of whiskey I would be there in a heartbeat! Big Grin

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
What I ment to say was Bud. Smile

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
I was looking at a map. Do any regulars know what rt356 out of butler is like. Looks like i could come out in delmont on 22. Looks like that would cut the turnpike out completely and rt22 distance roughly in half. According to the directions it would be around 3 hrs from my place which is what it takes me when I come down 79 to the pike. Since I'm not running points at TRP this year I want to come to some of those weekend races. Love the track. Hate the tow. Mad I need to move.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well I don't know much about pouring concrete but i am an expert at drinking Bud! Wink

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom, I've made that run from Butler on 356 to the track before, coming from a buddy's house. There are some hills and 40mph towns in there. I think the route you're looking at is 79/422/356/56/66? The middle part, from 356 to 66 is the part I'm talking about, probably about 40 minutes or so from Butler to where you would hit 66. Once you're on 66, it's pretty easy, and would put you on 22 in Delmont.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
that sounds like it Chuck. I have a open trailer so hills don't bother me much. I might have to try it next time I come see you guys.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dan, correct me if I miss anything please.

If you come that way Tom, when you cross over Route 28 in Sarver, there will be a long hill down to Freeport. At the bottom of that hill, you will have a yield, and it's common to have to stop at it. Go through that yield, and you have to get left to stay on 356. I think that may be the biggest surprise I think needs a warning.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
Yep, that's about the only confusing turn. As you mentioned though, pulling a trailer and all the hills before you hit Rt. 66 would slow you down.
It might be a PITA with all the lights on Rt. 22, but I still think it's the better way to come to the track from the west especially towing a trailer.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Its not reaaly rt22 that i hate its that lovely turn pike of ours.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i live in freeport...the tow isnt too bad...bout 45-60 mins from my house....just watch out for the po

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
come on out to the PRP swap meet .the mega team will be there lots of goodies.you can see for a limited time offer (the orange pumpkin pontiac)complete with that 555 alky injected bbc with twin toilets.this may be your last chance to latch on to this wheelie popin monster. if it does.nt sell um goin racin with it.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Swap meet response has been really good, so I'm thinking this will be a really good deal for both buyers and sellers. Clean out the garage and trailer and sell some stuff, then have plenty of time to go racing, all in the same day. Swap meet vendors can set up at 7am, gates open at 8am, and spectators and crew get in free until 9am. Test and tune starts at 11am. Weather says 80 degrees!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
But wait.... there's more!!

If you didn't sign up for the newsletter, shame on you for 6 weeks. Because on there is this update for Saturday...

Test and tune will start at 11am, and the cost is $25. Mother Nature is making up for the long hard winter, with the forecast for Saturday saying 80 degrees. So to further cure your cabin fever, if an 80 degree, first Saturday in April wasn't enough, track manager Greg Miller says let's take advantage of it, and extend the test and tune hours.... instead of ending at 5pm, this Saturday's test and tune will end at 7pm! That is 8 full hours of track time!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just saw that on the site, Chuck! I'm thinking this is a very good way to start things off. Don't know if I will have my car "unburied" for Saturday but I really think it is great that Greg is extending the time. Exactly the kind of racer-oriented gesture we have been missing. I didn't make any changes this winter but I know alot of folks will be wanting to get in some serious tuning passes. EIGHT hours should do it! Thanks Greg for putting your money where your mouth is! Love ya!

Amy Romeo
1973 Pontiac Ventura
PRP 2007 Street Champion
Sponsored by:
World Class Transmission
Dean Racing Engines

Posts: 35 | Location: New Alexandria | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the PRP racers as The Megateam will join your program this year. The Madman and Hopper will keep you entertained on and off the track. I sure am gonna miss them at QCR.

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
me and the hopper will be back for those Q16 races if we can muster up enough doe to rework the dragster motor.just ain't to fond of that AHRA thing.normy is tryin sway the yanks into stayin with you guys.yanks has been vacationing at the beach so he may be on hiatus again.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
BUD: R U Serious??? When we did his Dads garage, that damn pad was more crooked than his little wee wee
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
What I ment to say was Bud. Smile

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Everybody must be busy getting their stuff together because it is awful quiet on here! Car Car