DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Wow, looks good Jordan. Just be safe on the street please. Don't ride like Balaska. Big Grin

Hey Im one of the few that has never hit the asphalt and I say that now because I sold mine. I just loved the power of the 954rr Eek. I have all the faith in Jordan its the other drivers that made me sell my bike.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I agree, most of the time it's the other drivers that cause riders problems. But I'm still glad you sold yours before you hurt yourself.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Ah the joys of a motorcycle and an idiot pulling out in front of you. Managing to slide around the front of said car with front wheel locked up censored

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What is the current price for alcohol by the drum?

I am switching to alcohol this year and know nothing about getting it. Any advice as to where you guys are buying it and the current going price would be helpful.

Bob Spelic

Posts: 10 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Spelic:
What is the current price for alcohol by the drum?

I am switching to alcohol this year and know nothing about getting it. Any advice as to where you guys are buying it and the current going price would be helpful.

Bob Spelic

Bob not sure about alcohol but I know E85 is around 135 a drum.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bob, you have a PM.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<wicked1320>
posted
Bob, I talked to the guy I get my race fuel from the other day and he told me he's selling it for $140 a drum.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Bob, check your PM's.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
my price for alky is 135 a drum with lube!!and possibly delivered to track.. Party

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dragdiva>
posted
Hi Bill,

Can you give Dave a call 412.670.5570. We are looking for alcohol for this year. Thanks.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dean, Barry says you have a PM

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well I went to M-D today. Wasn't a bad haul other then all the hills. Took me two and a half hours. It was a TNT and they just let you run as much as you want. When ever you're ready you just go to the lanes and go. You have to suit up in the pits because when you get to the lanes you're going lol.

First pass was the best 10.94 in the 1/4 and 6.88 in the 1/8 with a 1.44 60ft. The car is lean so I need to fix that problem and it pulls to the left going down the track. So I have some work to do to get it running right.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balaska347,

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What do you guys think these plugs look like if it were in your car.

The two that are brown were the only two that were wet when I pulled the plugs after I cycled the key without starting it. These plugs have seven runs on them.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
the 2 that are brown is probally oil, the other 6 look all right, if it is a fuelie!! My vettes plugs with just running down the track are so white you could litterally put them back in the box like new

1974 Pontiac Ventura
557 BBC Mild 12.5 comp E85 3800 LBS with driver best to date 9.89 at 138 mph with a crappy 1.49 60 ft

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mikey probably oil but have you checked the fuel injectors on those cylinders they may be leaking if they were wet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree with the reason being oil. The PCV is pulling a good bit of oil into the intake. I bought a oil separator to filter out the oil to try and solve that problem. I found a good aritcle on dragstuff on how to read plugs. It was a very good read and I learned alot. Anyway I learned that the part you read is way down in the plug so I cut one open to see and it look about right to me. The black ring way at the bottom of the porcelain is what you want to look at.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
sounds like you had fun this weekend mike and got some good info on the car to be ready for next weekend.

i went to beaver sat. made 2 sloooooow passes lol

then had a friend with a ton more seat time than me take it down for 2 passes just to see if everything was ok.
the first pass he took was easy, foot braking it. said it was missing when it hit 2nd gear and ran a 10.99@ 119
2nd pass he left off the transbrake, still missing bad when it hit 2nd gear at 2.7 secs out and ran a 10.61 @128
so i got new plugs, cap and rotor for it to install this week, reset the valve lash and check the phasing on the dist.
defintely a lot more in it once i get the miss fixed.
then off to prp next sat.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
JR DRAGSTER HELP NEEDED.JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT A JR FOR MY GRANDSON.THE CAR HAS RACED PRP LAST YEAR.MY PROBLEM IS I BELIEVE THE CAR WILL BE WAY TO FAST TO START WITH.I AM LOOKING TO BORROW OR RENT A SMALL MOTOR AND CLUTCH FOR ABOUT A MONTH.I THINK HE WILL CATCH ON REAL QUICK AND COULD MOVE UP TO OUR FASTER SETUP.IT JUST SEEMS SENCELESS TO BUY THE SLOWER SETUP WHEN THE MONEY COULD BE USED FOR HIS UNIFORM,HELMET AND A STARTER.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT AS WE WOULD LIKE TO START WITH YOU GUYS AT PRP.IF YOU CAN HELP CALL ME AT 724-695-0188

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
2.7 out?? Eekwhat is that rpm wise jeff??i never shifted my 461 that hard..i dont even shift this 511 that hard.most my 461 ever seen was 2.25 which was about 6400 rpm..just be carefull i hate to see you blow that thing apart..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For those of you who run alcohol, I am getting a shipment of Alky in within the next two weeks, between 10 and 15 barrels. The price is not exact yet but will be between 140 and 150 a barrel with lube. I live 2 miles from the race track which makes it very convenient to pickup on way to track. I am also going to sell fuel by the gallon also will post updated price when I get the bill for the order. Give me a ring to place order 724-331-1034 cell.

Thanks

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post