DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
Update from the Track Website...

FOREVER 53!

Opening Day, 2010
The Pittsburgh Raceway Park 2010 racing season kicked off on Saturday, April 3. The new season has been much anticipated, given the pain of 2009, between the rain affecting some big events like Bracket Finals and the Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads weekend, and losses of loved ones in the racing family. One of those losses was Mark Brewer, patriarch of the Brewer clan, who passed in November. Mark's car number was 53, from longtime favorite movie Herbie The Love Bug. The Brewer family knew that Mark would want them to carry on, and youngest son Markie was at the track Saturday in his '78 Mustang II. As Markie eyed his tach for the right rpm, he was almost a little late changing focus back to the tree. When he hit the gas, his reaction time came up on the scoreboard.... 53! You're welcome to think of it what you will, but many of us believe it was a sign, of Mark showing his presence at a place he loved, to the people he loved in his extended family.

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was watching Markie on that pass and saw that number come up and all I could do was smile. After that I knew Mark had not gone far and was watching over us all that day. Angel

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When I saw that I had chills down my spine. I guess we still can go to the track when we move one.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is everybody ready for some more racing this weekend? Looking at the weather we should be fast.

Also having the first Gamblers Race of the season. Someone will be picking up some change...I know I am ready to dust off the cobwebs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I wish I was ready, looking at the forecast. I might have hit 11s. But, I won't be out until the car is done and ready. We're getting closer, thanks to Ed.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
ya i can't wait to get out for the first time this year. Got the race bike all cleaned up and ready to go!

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I was looking at Truby's pics on the PRP site. Man, lots of cars I haven't seen before. That's really cool. I hope they're back more often. And awesome shots by Bill, as usual.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Im planning on being there. Should be a nice day but I dont think it will be record setting.

AJ what was your fastest pass last week and did you keep getting faster every pass also.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yeah I was picking up each pass. Best run was 1136 @116.5.

That was on the third pass of the day. Didnt get to make any runs after that as i broke the throttle cable.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
"He doesn't smoke. He doesn't drink. He doesn't f@#k various women. Why would I want to hang out with him?"

Five bucks to the first person who can guess who said this.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
OK thats about right. My third pass was 1131 @ 115.8. My last was 1123 at 117.5. Scotty took the very last pass 1120 @ 117.6. I was worried about the consistency of the car. This weekend will give me a better idea. The 60 ft was there all day though.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I wish I was ready, looking at the forecast. I might have hit 11s. But, I won't be out until the car is done and ready. We're getting closer, thanks to Ed.

Much much closer. Home stretch for metal work.

I think my car may hit track by May. Still need to pull heads and put news ones on. Oh the joy of redoing cam timing for both sides. Need new injectors, maf and fuel pump. I seem to have been running with injectors maxed out. Explains the problem of adding fuel fom 4000-7000rpm. Like to replace oil pump while front cover is off but a $300 pump is nuts. Suprised I haven't shattered the stock pump gears yet. Powder metal crap.

Mikey the car looks good. I can't wait to see it.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
craig pollice

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
WOW, it's been a while since I've signed on, and had quite a few pages to catch up on. It was great to see all u guys, and gals on Sat-- Pretty nice swap meet. I didn't expect the 84* heat, and the heavy headwind, and seemed like everyone was off around 1-2 tenths(slow). I'm hoping to get back to some cooler springtime temps. I hope to be at the track on Sat with u guys, gotta do a cleanup, tuneup, get some race fuel. Chuckie, looks like u and Eddie are doing good on the Cutty, and I'll bet it will look sweet just in primer. Mikey--Sat was the 1st time to see the "New Pony"-- Your car is "FRIGGIN AWESOME"-- I'm still so impressed with how u did the interior.
I saw the 53 light for Markie on the first pass, and just knew that Big Mark was with us on opening day- I don't think he would ever miss one.
HEY Russ-- Happy Birthday, and many more !!
Does anyone know if the BP up on 22/819 have VP race fuel yet ?? I'm gonna try to get over to the Latrobe airport, and try out some 100 LL aviation fuel. I was told that it has a 116 octane rating for auto use. Can anyone explain how those ratings work?? C U all on Sat. Dean Wave

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Dean not sure on the aviation fuel but I know that with a little work to your carb we could have you running E85 which is 105 octane.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dean, I don't know about the aviation fuel either. I thought I saw a thread with a reference to it either here in Tech or on another board, but I can't find it. I don't want to misquote it, so I'll keep looking for it.

Thanks, I am really happy with how the car is turning out. Ed is The Man! I never would have been able to do this without his hard work. Passenger side is ready for paint pretty much.

Driver's side is getting close to the point of measuring up the quarter and getting it on there. I have to finish stripping the paint, and Ed will work the outer wheelwell on.

He rebuilt the taillight area:

Rust!

Fabbed new metal

Added the lip

Drilled the holes for the taillight to come through

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Found it Dean! Here is the thread with the reference to AV gas.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...55460442/m/555109733

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dean, the aviation industry I think calculates aviation octane differently than the automotive industry. The 100LL is a leaded gas, and that's where a problem selling it for possible road cars might be a problem. I think by law, the airport isn't allowed to sell it for anything other than airplanes. You might want to call the airport and ask first.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Chuck is all that body work going to make it go faster? Wink

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They can sell you aviation fuel, but you have to bring containers as they are not allowed to pump it into an automobile. I talked to a guy about this a few weeks ago and thats the way he buys it for his racecar. I used to use it in a 12.5-1 street car a long time ago and I do remember having to go richer on the jetting compared to race fuel

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post