DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
today or next sunday???

1974 Pontiac Ventura
557 BBC Mild 12.5 comp E85 3800 LBS with driver best to date 9.89 at 138 mph with a crappy 1.49 60 ft

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
It was today.
Dave and Eds Proformance swap meet is at Stark Co fairgrounds next Saturday & Sunday.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
FYI, the banquet date is on the PRP site, Saturday, Feb 28, at Stratigos.

I'm finally driving decent, and we're out of season. The shifter cable broke on Saturday at the track, so maybe it's a message that I should leave the table still hungry (flame on! Big Grin). Back into the garage to build the 455 correct this time, and come out swinging hard on the first test n tune.

Thanks to the PRP family for another great season. It's home away from home, and all the people make it that. Thanks to my team's sponsor, Bob Jones, whose help was invaluable. Thanks to all of the sponsors, to Import/Export for the points series, to Aamco Transmission for the Street Class, to Dean Pollock at Dean's Racing Engines for the run off prize and the carb, to World Class Transmission for the King of Street race, Millerstown Pick A Part, Grabiak Chevrolet, Z&M Cycles, to the Motorworks, Dominick Racecar Fabrication, and The Starting Line Racing Cafe for a very innovative idea to reward racers, Dart, Barry Grant, Mike Bos, and everyone.

Big time thanks to the PRP crew, all of them, for their hard work, for giving us the best starting line, and especially to Bob Beck, who catches everything up at top end to keep us safe.

Mark, AJ, and I are working on putting together another practice tree race, probably in mid February. Details will follow, and inboxes will be spammed. Big Grin

Best of luck to everyone on their off season projects.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
chuck.im really glad you guys are gonna do the practice tree race again. that was a lot of fun at the last one.
i think the young gun will be ready to play with the big boys Wink

i definitely agree with your comments about the track staff and all the sponsors. they stepped up big time this year.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChuckT:
The shifter cable broke on Saturday at the track, so maybe it's a message that I should leave the table still hungry (flame on! Big Grin). Back into the garage to build the 455 correct this time, and come out swinging hard on the first test n tune.
[QUOTE]

Hey Chuck, I drove out thinking I'll get a chance to try a few different changes only to see I got cords coming through my ET streets. So I park it and hang out. Smell a little rubber and head home hoping the tire doesn't blow out.

Get home and pull the engine out over the weekend and on the stand....just to see what I can see. Hoping to do some minor head work and get my pig running 10.90's or better next year. I don't know why I do what I do....because I'll have to slow it down to run street anyway next season!

Next season based on my schedule, I figure I'll get to the track in just enough time to get a time card, teched in and make first round of street. No way I think I'll make it to the track in time for modified eliminations.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ironman,

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
help!! i need anthony kronecks phone ### please somebody help me...

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think it went really well, and we learned a couple of things too. We're leaning towards Saturday, February 21, so that football is over, and we miss the car show and Valentine's Day.

I wish I knew that, Tom. We could have seen if my drag radials would have fit and gotten you going again. Maybe it's time for a slow engine build? Big Grin Even if Barry and I rode with you, it's not enough weight to slow you down to 12.00!

Let's have some fun with this pic. Post a caption!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dude, where's my car?

Hey, Frank, the tree is between the lanes, to your left.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck, I wish you would have takin a picture just a few seconds later. With that walkie talkie and all those keys there, as soon as he lifted his foot up he tipped over. Next time we need to put some ballast on the other hip. I mean for saftey purposes. Smile

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
How about just ......."Check out those two queers!!!"

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Frank. I do know that Doug is thinking...you can even sense his extreme amount of focus downtrack...

"I know I can do a wheelie all the way to the end of the track"

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
LMAO guys, good ones! Big Grin

Is it just me, or does Frank look like he and Alfred E. Newman were separated at birth in this pic?

Is that earpiece SFI approved?

Doug is thinking, "If I look over, he's gonna shoot me."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChuckT,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
"I'm so pretty, I'm so pretty!" said Frank.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i just finished tweaking ryans website and added a guest book to it. if you have a chance , check it out and give me some feedback.
also most of the logos are linked directly to their sites.

www.ryanhannracing.com

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Spy photos of a fast woman! Big Grin

Nick, being a typical Mustang driver (yeah, I'm lookin' at you, Ed and T! Big Grin) claims Robbie slowed him down 4 seconds.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck! What a day that was!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
I got your typical right here Chucky. Now get back to building that 454 or else.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

..... is that Bob Glidden himself over-seeing that operation?
Razz

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The man himself! Chuck your were supposed to keep this quiet!! LOL

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Stuckey
posted Hide Post
Great Spy Photo!!! Great running Christine! Enjoyed watching you and Mark in the Team work!

I see I even made spy photo on return road, thanks Chuck! It was a good day!

Looking closer at your car,,, is there a scooter with a mad alfred e underneath,,,, haven't seen Frank lately

Posts: 57 | Location: French Creek WV | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post