DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Now this is not related to PRP but check this out! WOW!!!!!! gonna be awesome

http://www.nhra.com/story/2010...ut-four-wide-racing/

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Hmm.. NHRA dedicated to safety my butt.
what a circus this organization is turning into.
What's next ?? Monster trucks racing against Nascar ? Oh yea that's been done already.
Obviously....

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DADDYWAGS
posted Hide Post
How abought some pics from the show I couldn't make it. hey jeff your going to need wheele bars LOL.

Posts: 44 | Location: gibsonia PA | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
quote:
DADDYWAGS wrote:hey jeff your going to need wheele bars LOL.

im hoping i dont tom, but ill know after the first pass.

im really hoping that the 4.56 gears calms the front end down some.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
jeff...how many passes have you made in the car?

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
just one shake down pass,
but with the set up they had in it, it would pull the front like a foot and let them back down like 20' out.
but that was with 200 lbs over the rear end and 5.14 gears

opening weekend at beaver, ill be there for the weekend testing getting use to the car and make my licensing passes.
then the following weekend at prp for opening day

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The car show was an excellent time. I know Bill Truby took tons of pics, particularly of Drag City. He'll have them on the PRP site soon.

The pics I've taken and uploaded so far are on
WoW pics

DeShea Townsend stopped by the booth:

Thanks to all the folks who displayed their rides in both the PID and PRP section. I think it was an extremely impressive display, and I heard a lot of appreciative comments.

Congratulations to Greg Miller on an excellent job at both the car show, and in getting the schedule together. The car show was early on us this year, and he still was able to publish the schedule in time for the show.

Congratulations to Kara Jo Bowman, for this cool article!Kara article

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Great article Cool.......nice to see the Bowmans have good taste in race cars also Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1355PRO,

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
how do you know you need to settle the front end down after one pass tho jeff? you can mess with different launch rpms and do a chassis adjustment instead of changing the rear gear. it doesnt look like its scraping the bumper off or anything... Hum

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i got deshea to sit in my car!!told him he can stand bye any ole car,but it took a real athlete to get in 1 of these dragsters! Laughing nice guy.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
matt,
im just going off the info and pic the guy i got it from gave me. they raced this car right up till the weekend before i got it. running 6.25's at just over 109mph in the 1/8 mile and carrying 200 lbs in the back.
2 step at 4400 and converter hits are around 5500.
he had 5.14 gears in it because they ran 1/8th mile.
if i left the 5.14 gears in it, i would be over 8200 at the 1/4.

the 4.56 gears should put me in the 7200-7300 range at the stripe. but im guessing that the stall might be a little higher due to the gear change.

with the data i have from the guy i got it from, and my calculations, it should be in the 9.70s @ aprox 141 mph after the gear change and getting the 200 lbs out of the rear.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
you running a glide?

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Roenigk Tire Service

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
yes, with a 1.76 first gear

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
does anyone know if prp is hosting the jr team finals again this year. i have some parents from other tracks that want to know. they didnt see it on prp s schedule or the ihra website. but they are listing the one at mir.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bill, didn't you mean "washed up" athletes? Rolling

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Maybe I buried that in too long of a post... AWESOME article on my friend Kara Jo Bowman:

Kara Jo article

Either that, or you guys don't appreciate squat!! Tongue Big Grin

Jeff, talk to Greg about the junior event. I don't believe there is anything planned at this point.

Bill, I hope to have that last pic up tonight! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
And she's hot. Any of you guys ever see some of those mopar girls? I'm talkin'rough and I don't mean rough around the edges either. Oh sorry 1355pro.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
not near or even close to what you have at home!! not worthy not worthy

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Yep, me and my trophy wife. Dude, you're out there.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Greg and the entire PRP staff for an excellent showing! Thanks for thinking of Mark and Nikki! I appreciate it so much!!

Great article on Kara Jo!! You go girl!!

FYI-I am letting you guys know that I am selling our 68 Mustang Fastback if anyone is interested in a 9 second ride complete. Let me know!

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post