DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i would say its a 10 oz bottle.
i called the guy i got the car from and he said he just had it filled before we got the car. i guess thats all the fill it to .
i will definitely be getting new tanks over the winter.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
I have seen those bottles filled at many racetracks $3-5. Suprised PRP doesn't have someone who does that. Maybe it could happen next yr? Never seen one checked for date. Not saying its legal but it is done. You may consider getting you a 2.5 or 5lb. bottle and getting the connections to refill your own. You can trans-fill your little bottle several times. You could also fill your buddies in a pinch.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Yes C02 is filled by weight. 10oz is small I'm not sure if they are required to be retested. Sounds about the size of a paintball gun cylinder.

Have any info off shoulder of tank? Be like DOTxxxx - psi rating(DOT3AA-1800 etc). Then some sort of marking for the mfg and original test/mfg date. I can look it up and least let you know of it has to be retested.

Problem with C02 is it's corrosive to the tank. Think acid rain in a bottle, thats why a 5 year retest. Seen C02 cylinders come in for testing that were cracked in shoulder neck area. Never a good thing, especially when filling. They get condemned.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks

the numbers on it are
DOT-E7737-1800

catalina cliff div.

5-98

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
If I read this right and your cylinder is aluminum which it should be based off the DOT exemption then your cylinder is not required to be retested.

http://www.catalinacylinders.com/retest.html

http://www.phmsa.dot.gov/stati...P7737_2005120872.pdf

They tell everything needed to know. E7737 is now known as SP7737. DOT changed back to SP(special permit) from E(exemption) Section 8, part I deals with yours marked E7737.

I would print out the this pdf file and the page from Catalina then take it with you to a place that fills CO2 if you can't get someone from track etc to take care of it.

If this cylinder was required to be requalified(retested) then it would say so clearly in a way that could not be mistaken. Course reading these will give one a headache as alot has nothing to do with end user or retesters.

Hope this helps Smile

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks
the guy at the distributor looked at the date and instantly said he couldnt refill it because it needed certified.
he never looked at anything else.
thanks again for the rules to get it refilled, i printed it out to take with me next time i go to get it filled.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
is it going to be open parking for this event..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
im looking for a 7600 to 8000 msd chip for this weekend.
if anyone has one, i will buy it from you friday at the track.
the guy we got the car from mailed me the chips 3 times. first 2 times they were put back in his mail box, then i got a letter today from him he sent friday and the bottom corner was torn off and no chip at all in it.

it has a 7000 chip in the high side now for when he ran 1/8th, but need a higher one for the 1/4

thanks
jeff

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
oh boy! Eekyou might want to do a gear change in that car before you hurt that motor!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
found a chip.

im just going off of what the guy i got it from did.
he told me in the 1/8, he had a 7000 chip in it and crossed at like 6850 shifting at 6600
and when they ran the 1/4, he put a 8000 in it and crossed at around 7800.
over the winter, it will be getting a set of 4.56 gears., but i do have the throttle cut back some too for this weekend, that is if mother nature is good to the track this weekend.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thats alot of rpm for a big block...id be very careful

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thats what i was thinking....i would shift more like 6400

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
here is a question for the glide people.

someone told that they heard of some on bad tracks shifting a glide on time at like 0.2 secs out to settle the car down and knock ET out of it.
has anyone tried this before and if so, will this lower the top end rpm at the 1/4?

this is my first time with a box and a glide.
so im kind of a newbee at this box stuff.
so any help would be greatly appreciated.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jeff, If you shift the car short it is going to trap as high or higher than it will shifting it high. When you shift a car lower rpm it will be in high gear much longer and will make the cars trap rpm higher. Shifting the car .02 out will tame the car down a bunch but wont help your trap rpm problem. I suggest running the car the way the guy recommended and see how it goes. If the rpm at trap is higher than desired then dont take the chance on hurting the motor. Hope this helps you.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks,
i think im just going to throttle stop it with the stop under the pedal,
it will be slower, but less chance of over reving the motor.
ill shift it at a lower rpm also. like 6200-6400 also.
hopefully the forcast starts to look a little nicer for this weekeknd.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The weather doesn't look too bad. Friday is not looking so good but thats okay. Saturday 30% scattered showers Sunday no rain. We will definitely run Saturday and Sunday!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Do You think the LOW 50 degree temp will have any bearing on the race.
Like rear end gears, axles, coughing carbs, broken rocker arms etc?
One thing for sure with that temp there will not be any water seeping thru the track.
Obviously....

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Mr. Romeo is correct. There's three things that affects trap RPM, and that's gear ratio, tire size and speed. Shifting at 3000 or 7000, the trap RPM will be very close. And if you want to slow the car down by closing the throttle, you'll have to close it more than half way to make a noticeable difference.

Mr. Prest, you can park where ever you want. There's no reserve parking this weekend.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mr. O, just so long as the water isn't seeping from the top side either, we'll be ok.... obviously.

Tony, you dressing up as Tom Cruise?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
She's back!!!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post