DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Josh kicked butt!!! That was awesome to see! I can't wait to take the winner's lane pic with him. Congrats to Jesse Bone for getting the Iron Man in Motorcycle class.

I think maybe this is the section Greg wanted to reference from D42's site:

The only 'official' on-track activites that were completed today was the annual "Team Captains" event. The regular bracket race format was changed to a heads-up, fixed index, breakout eliminator.

Due to the wet track conditions, the index was set at 28.00 for all eleven of the team leaders.

(Little) Jack Ehrmantraut used his years of observation and announcing of Dragway 42's ten New Year's Day "Hangover Nationals" events for insight into a racing plan, then executed it well with runs of 28.49 and 28.56 and getting to the stripe first in the opening and second rounds of eliminations.

The finals matched the home track, Pittsburgh Raceway Park team captain (who advanced to the final via a bye run) against Jackie at the wheel of someone's red Ford pickup.

Unfortunately for Team 42, Little Jack came out on the wrong end of a holeshot, and Pittsburgh took the win with a 28.52 to Jackie's closer to the index, but second across the finish line 28.50 elapsed time.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Greg, you openly admit the announcer made a mistake. Busted Several others in other posts were like WTF are they doing! Confused Confusion seemed to run rampant. Would the track have been ready to run at all on Sunday? What time approx.? How was the weather today? raceable at all? Some old timers remembered finishing a BF up on Wed. or Thurs of the next week, said about 50 cars were left by then. Very bad situation with no good outcome possible. Was it ever discussed about starting the BF race on Fri? One gentleman told how he lost before he got there on another thread. Does PRP have a curfew?

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
great job josh on kicking butt at the brackets.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Keith, I agree, it sounds to me like the announcer made a mistake about the track operators race. I've never known any announcer at any track to be the one to set the rules though. I would have thought that the drivers were all aware of the rules. I don't see the 28.00 index being any different than a Rod class.

I don't know about a curfew. In the old days, I believe there was. Not sure about now. People are talking about driving home in the sun... good for them, but it doesn't mean the track is magically ready to race on. I think the sun came out around 4 yesterday. PRP was drenched, from one end of the track and pits to the other. It's only my opinion, but it would have been hard to get the track dry before running out of daylight, and the dew and fog moving in. Remember, this wasn't IHRA's or PRP's decision, this is what the track operators voted on as a solution. It was very frustrating, as I was there all weekend, hoping that the weather would move out and let us race.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everybody. Scotty and I had a blast running the Team Captain's race. Glad I was able to get a win for Team Pittsburgh, but sorry that nobody else had an opportunity to race this weekend. We were all looking forward to defending our title on the track. With that said, this is what we were dealt, and like Greg said, this was really the only thing we could do. The weather looks like garbage all week. I wasn't around Sunday, but congrats to Jesse, and everyone else who did well in the practice tree race. Greg, the Racing Rav will definitely be here for GGG. Everyone's welcome in the picture.

As for the race itself... I mean, it's the bracket finals. Why would we do a race where your reaction time means nothing and your dial is the only thing that matters? I intentionally tried not to run too close to my dial on that 1st round because I knew I crushed the tree. I had an .077 to the other driver's 1.1 something.... seriously? Announcer's make mistakes, trust me, I know... I'm an announcer myself. But the announcer doesn't make the rules, obviously. Not to mention, he was on the starting line and wasn't in the tower, seeing the numbers. He didn't really know what was going on from down there.

Congrats to Little Jack on a strong race and taking the runner up. I hope that I will have the opportunity to race the captain's race again next year and see you all in the lanes, again.

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
'Bout time you posted in here, Josh!
not worthy welcome

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had to wait for the right time, Chuck. I guess somebody is saying I shouldn't have won that first round? Doesn't make me happy, Chuck. People wouldn't like me when I'm angry.... lol.

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
awesome job josh! cant wait to get in that picture! also...good job to steve vasbinder in the golf cart reaction time race. heard you had a .001 light...thats amazing!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Matt. Steve was awesome in the Golf Cart reaction time race. He was .001 a few rounds before the final, and in the final he turned it -.003 to the other guy's .013, I think. Pretty impressive...

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
It's okay Josh, I still like you even when you're mad! Good job! not worthy

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
Great job Josh!

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Way to go Josh. That was awesome you guys taking home the title. Got some coin too! not worthy I may be asking you for some top end driving lessons.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Awsome job there Josh!

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
this may be a dumb question,
but at the GGG race, is the box/no box races 1/4 mile or 1/8th

just asking because i saw the run off for the dragster was 1/8th and the NO2 cars run 1/8th

just curious so if i need to change anything on the camaro, i can do it before the race.

thanks

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
im pretty sure its all 1/4 mile racing...1/8 mile dragster race

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks

this will be the first time out with this car for me, and first time using a button. so it will definitely be a learning experience Eek

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i tried the button but was junk at it....so i just footbrake now.

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Roenigk Tire Service

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i figure the car is already set up with all of the stuff, so i have been hitting the practice tree getting use to the top bulb.
ill try it with the delay they already have in the box then fine tune it for me from there.
but it will be a different experience. i havent been in a fast car in 14 years. so it will be baby steps Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
How much delay is in the box now? What rollout have you been practicing with? how much delay on the practice tree?

MR- Thinking we can get you within a few hundreths right off the bat. Does it have a starting line controller or will you be letting go and then matting the gas?

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
the delay in the box now is 1.100
i have been practicing with a .240 roll out. i also set the delay in the practice tree that was in the box in the car.
getting consistant .00s-,0 teens( but thats on a practice tree.
yes, it has a biondo starting line enhancer and a mega 450 delay box.