DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
alot of issues are with the stones at prp.and no electric.so i have heard..

I loaded up my car and there were so many stones stuck to my tires, Frank said he was gonna bill me for gravel if I didn't clean them off. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tony, is that like "serenity now, serenity now"? Big Grin

Shawn is right, the Michigan tracks that were part of Division 3 got moved to another division, so that was a hit. I much prefer IHRA over NHRA... IHRA has much more to offer us weekly, in the SSS and contigency, and the bracket finals, which are much more participatory and fun. I *think* NHRA Div 1 has/had the same problem since PRP/Keystone switched; they were down a number of tracks too. I think their team counts are 50 cars to help make up for it, or at least were.

I hope QCR is coming. I like to see as many cars as possible. I see on the front page of the QCR website, someone has been selling 50-50 tickets to help the bracket finals fund.

I hear what you've heard too Bill, but Norwalk really doesn't have that much electric, unless you're along the fence? The gravel is what it is. People will always complain about something, instead of just enjoying what they have.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I agree with you Shawn, 100% It's unbelievable what one guy did for the IHRA.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
well its official..NO QCR AT BRACKET FINALS.vote was taken and nobody wanted to go.. Frownso i guess those foam blocks are safe for that wknd...lmao..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I wonder where the 50-50 money will go then? Hopefully back to the racers in some way.

What about the Super Summit Series leaders, since we're back to just running that off, instead of the race of champions in each class? Are those racers hosed from a shot at going to the Rock?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
WOW I can't believe QCR doesn't have race that want to compete in the bracket finals and they are so close. Confused

I wouldn't race at that track for that reason alone. Why would they they wait till the last minute to try and raise money. Confused

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually QCR has quite a few very talented junior racers that would love to take a shot at putting " jeffery 10x2" on the trailer. Why don't you bring it to QCR and see for yourself?

yes they do, but i think most of the talent there are now running in points at prp. and GOING to the bracket finals
just remember, jeffrey10x2 is NOT the one driving the car, i just start it for the gunslinger Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
What about the Super Summit Series leaders, since we're back to just running that off, instead of the race of champions in each class? Are those racers hosed from a shot at going to the Rock?

No track fee paid might mean the loss of the chance to participate in the Divisional run-off AND loss of the end of season Summit SuperSeries payouts to QCR's racers.

If they aren't a "PR" track, the racers didn't pay an extra dime so far towards the SSS program.

The devil will be in the details and fine print.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thats a shame that the racers are the ones to suffer in the end.
the SSS pays some good bux and for them to miss out on a chance to collect some of that hard earned cash just isnt right.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
JUST TO PUT RUMORS TO REST. Qcr is not racing finals because travel exp, hotels ect. And the owner of qcr has put up a nice weekend with over 8,000 being payed out to the bracket team in runoff races. A vote ballot went out and thats what the majority of the racers wanted. Not because of stones or any other nonsense. Some s/p cars were nervouse about the shutdown lenth, but that was not a factor in qcr not coming. The sss winners will be there Friday for the runoff this has been cleared and okd by IHRA. Jeffery both tracks have alot of talent at the jr. level all kids have talent. As far as most of them from qcr racing at prp that was a dig just like the "qcr could not get enough racers for the team" Try to lighten up a little tough guy. I sat with a group of prp racers at qcr tonight. We had a very nice time and it was great to see some old friends.

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
ray
what i meant when they didnt have enough to field a team was that alot from what i heard didnt want to come to prp, not that they didnt have enough cars at the track .
i still think its a shame and a sanctioned IHRA track not to represent themselves at a divisional event. especially when they are so close.
as far as cost for hotels and such, i know we run on a very tight budget for ryan to race. but we make do with what we have, home built trailer, tent and a portable shower and still have a ton of fun/
its not all about the bux, its about just how much you wanna run and have fun.
and maybe the comment about jrs from qcr running at prp and going to the brackets was a dig, but it is actually true and we are glad they are at our track because they are a great group of people.
sorry if i offended anyone

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thats cool that the owner is giving the racers run offs atleast.

Hopefully, next year they will get some bugs worked out so they can come to the brackets and have run-offs.

I enjoy racing against QCR and BSD drivers because its like a backyard brawl. By the looks of it neither track will be at the finals.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
who gives a ****, really?
this isn't a dig at the quaker racers or anybody else that races there. Those guys took a vote and i'm going to respect their decision. But why would anyone care if they're coming or not.

To me, this is a non issue.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think Beaver is still coming, at least this year. They are listed as a SSS track.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
who gives a ****, really?
this isn't a dig at the quaker racers or anybody else that races there. Those guys took a vote and i'm going to respect their decision. But why would anyone care if they're coming or not.

To me, this is a non issue.

I agree and disagree. I would love to see QCR there because the more competition the better and I agree with Mikey B., it's kind of like a backyard brawl racing those guys. But at the same time, if they can't make it then it's not an issue...hopefully they will come next year

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Yes Nick, youre right.
the competition would be better if everyone came. But we can't control who comes and who doesn't. I don't know why anyone's even talking about it.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
YOU SUCK

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
By the way, we were at Quaker last night and I just want to shout out to Bill Prest. Thank you for the wonderful sendoff wwhen we were leaving. Honestly dude, you need to shave that ass of yours.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Anyone who was planning on coming out for the USCN race this weekend, it has been canceled. There is no racing the remainder of this weekend.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How come the race was cancelled Chuck ?

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post