DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Debating... I'll be there, but I need to do some maintenance. If I get there early enough, maybe I can get it done and make 2nd time trial.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
hanks coming!! Devil Car

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
I'll be there tonight!

I'll tell ya what Mark. After you win the fast class and I will the slow class we will run off for checks...LOL

See you there.

That sounds like a plan. Hopefully I'll be able to hit the tree again...I will have my collector extensions back on. I think that is what made the car leave just soft enough that I was struggling on the tree.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That should help you out with the extensions. You will be fine on the tree.

Bill I thought Hank wasn't allowed to race anymore....LOL

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I hope the sponsors keep on for next year for this race, and if they do, that it gets moved to Friday nights. Keep the test n tune on Weds, get some more cars for that because some drop out when they hear there's a gamblers race, while boosting the gamblers car count because most folks wouldn't have to work the next day, and would want the hits going into raceday.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree with you on those points Chuck. Wednesday is a hard day for a drag race but I love the idea of racing on wednesday night.

I think Fridays would work out very well too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
That would be nice to have some racing on Friday evening, even if it was a T&T for the JR's. Due to how far away we are from the track, it is hard for me to get there in the middle of the week.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think that's a good idea too, Andy, if there was Friday night racing, let the juniors test n tune, and do their own gambler's race if they wanted. More people in the gates, ready for Saturday morning. And I'd also like to see TCR get separated from the juniors, and get run after say Trophy. I think the car count would improve, just on junior dragster drivers who wouldn't have to rush from one car to another, plus the class would be displayed for the spectators, and crew in other classes.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck great point on the TCR class. That would be a great thing for the kids. What kid wouldn't want to be racing in front of the drivers they look up too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
friday and saturday racing would be awsome at prp..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thats an awesome pic of the Duche guys taking home wins.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Andy, who the heck are you using to host??? Big Grin I get a red X here at work.

It would be Bill. Last year, the no-box/box Friday nights didn't have sponsors, so low car count on some bad weather days made it a loser on the business end. If the sponsors stay on, I think it would be good to at least try it.

Rob, there's a pic or 2 of the Cobalt in here, same for you Tony. Feel free to copy and keep.

http://s713.photobucket.com/al...09%20PRP%20Pro%20Am/

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Obvious:
Don't "KID" yourself. The only reason they are looking up is because they still have some growing to do.
Obviously ....

LoL Big Grin

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Is that better, Chuck? Busted

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Andrew Valentino for winning the 13-17 year old points! I didn't realize that Sept 5 is not a points day for the juniors, or I would have congratulated him in the newsletter.

So who won last night? I left at 11:15 as second round was finishing up.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ok, congrats AJ, for winning the no-box side last night, sweet deal, 2 in a row with the Modified win on Saturday.

Who won box?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thank you CHuck.

Bubba Black came out on top in the Box class. He was lighting the tree up. He was 18 in the semis then 003 in the finals.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Awesome job there AJ!!! Wish I could have stuck around...getting home well after 1 and up at 5:15 wasn't going to be good, lol. Congrats to you and Bubba though!!!!

Disregard my e-mail AJ/Chuck, question answered here.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congrats AJ

Posts: 43 | Location: Fenelton, PA | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you there too Bubba. You did one heck of job last night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ