DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Are you only going Friday, Mark? I'm not sure what day or days I'll be there, but I'm almost 100% positive for Saturday, not so sure about Friday.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Yeah, Friday is the only day that I am going for a couple reasons. Mainly I don't want to be there all day, I can see everything I want to see in about 2-3 hours. Second I don't want to blow my weekend by using Saturday up...and I don't feel like paying the entry fee multiple times.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
How many cars and race cars are normally there?
...I'm kind of looking for a race car buzz

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
MAYBE 200 cars...not real sure exactly how many. Mostly show cars and what not. Some very rare muscle cars and stuff, Yenko's etc. There will probably be between 10-20 race cars.

<Brianna>
posted
Just a little FYI - for those of you who remember Jenny Zang; she just had her second little baby boy last Thursday the 11th. They are both home from the hospital and doing well.

As for you Mr. Chuck-le Turocy I am very disappointed that you will not be attending the banquet this year. Mad

Bill-iam make sure you tell Mary I said HI!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Brianna>,

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Good for them. That's 2 more than I'd ever want to have. Big Grin

Well, I am sorry to disappoint you, Brianna. The way I figure it is that I get to see a lot of my friends over the winter, like you and AJ, and each time I do it's like it's its own banquet. Smile

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ok, I don't know if it's because I'm jonesing more than I realized or what, but man the car show lit me up. I want to race! I went over to the convention center after work to check things out. I'm standing there talking to folks, and John McCann drives his Camaro in... oooooo so nice to hear. I took a quick walk around, seems like a decent show.

<Mark Romeo>
posted
LOL, yeah I am looking forward to the show. I hear that 540 sounds pretty mean in John's car. I won't get to hear it at the show obviously but still awesome to see the cars. Chuck, did you see Dean/kevins Camaro?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It sounded wicked. Then Kirschbaum pulls the Monza in shortly after. I was half expecting to hear a call to the lanes. Sure did, the car looks fantastic! So does Rich's, so does Scott's, so does Schuler's, so does Dave's... I could go on and on...
Next time the temp is in the 40s, I see a garage burnout in the Cutlass' future. Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean Chuck thats why I ask myself if it is a good thing to go to the show. Sometimes I wounder why they have the show in the middle of winter. It just gets me all work up and want to go race.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
The show was ok, after seeing the "race" cars there wasn't really much else that interested me. There were some really nice street machines and so on but thats not really my thing. Now, the 3 Yenko Novas caught and held my attention, I think I made my way back over to them about 4 times. Overall though we had a good time and got to see some racer friends in the off-season. 2 more weeks and we will be at the banquet. Then not long after that racing will be back. Winters go way too fast sometimes to accomplish everything that needs accomplished especially with 5 race cars that need worked on.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
you wanna work on 6??i still need a trl?28ft 102wide.any ideas.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I'd love to work on 6 if it was your dragster, unfortunately I wouldn't fit in it nor can I afford it.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
question on the banquet.
what is the dress code for this?
thanks
jeff

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<Mark Romeo>
posted
I would say semi-formal. In other words lots of people where Khakis, etc. Don't have to wear shirt and tie although many do. I personally don't.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
ok, thanks,
see you guys there.
ryan said i can have atleast 1 drink since we are staying there that night lol
might have to sneak one or two more Wink

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
T, it scratches the itch a little bit. Ok, maybe it causes the itch. But it was pretty cool to see a lot of people, and hopefully get some new people up to the track. The tear down last night was cool too, to see a lot of the cars firing up and rolling out or into their trailers. The hemi Willys and the aluminum body Cobra both sounded fantastic, and you could hear the turbo whistle when the antifreeze green '69 Camaro went into the trailer. The Heroes truck was very cool, and I'm not into show only stuff. Winter does go too fast, and now I need to do even more work, switching to Jeff's 455 that used to be Russ'. Big Grin

I fit in Scotty's dragster. Getting out, however, almost required the jaws of life.

The banquet, if I was going, and I'm not, I've always gone in jeans and tshirts.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A 455 Chuck, come on, you know you need a ford small block under the hood. Wink And I know just where you can get one.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Going for that 12.0 range Chuck? Thats awesome. That motor proved itself time and time again when Russ had it. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Definately going to have to invest in a new converter now though, something a little looser Smile

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think you need all the Furd power you can get, T. Big Grin

Barry and I were thinking about you at the show... some guy was talking about how he got his 5.0 with a 347 stroker into the 11s juicing it. Your car rocks.

Yep, Mark, can't pass this opportunity up. When we chatting last week, I was planning on the converter anyway. This all came about from Friday and the weekend. Still doing mo' air too. Big Grin It's nice to be confident on the history of it. Hopefully Russ left some of his skill for me in there too.

Tony, are you the reason Brittney Force wrecked?