DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:

Street is neat until you get beat!!

... the Great Vincenzo???

Confused

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Who cares what car is in the other lane. Just shutup and race.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
Who cares what car is in the other lane. Just shutup and race.

thats the way i look at it. line up and drive your race. smack the tree and make your decision at the top end whether to lift to stay in it.

funny thing is when some wait at the back to see where to go. they sometimes end up running each other. Big Grin

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
who are the ducks??cause i cant find any at prp,except me!! Wave

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I suck too!! Wave

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the points everybody. We are working on adjusting to Accutime (the timing system) calculating the points for us. In the past, I had to sit and look at the results from each class and calculate everyone's points myself, which would take a couple of hours, which wasn't a big deal to me, but wouldn't allow for the points to be updated very quickly. As with any change, it comes with a few bugs here and there. It also meant having to change the way that the points are posted, as we used to make an excel sheet and post it, and now Victor (Web Designer) had to change it to accept PDF files.

Unfortunately, with last week's points, Accutime didn't calculate Top class perfectly, and it wasn't caught until after they had been uploaded from the timing system computer. In case any of you are not aware, it's not the easiest thing in the world to get me up into the tower, as wheelchairs and stairs are not friends.... Therefore, I fixed the issue the next day we raced, rather than having people carry me up to do something that took all of 2 minutes, then carry me back down.

In past seasons, the points weren't updated until Monday or Tuesday anyway, and sometimes Frank would have me wait until Wednesday's TNT for the exact reason stated above. We are working on getting to the point where the points will be updated immediately after the race event is over, but everything takes time, and once we get everything adjusted, we'll have points updated immediately, one step ahead of Beaver, Mr. Gover Wave

I will also have to have Victor update the way the points are uploaded, because as of right now, we have to send it to him, and then wait on him to upload them. Eliminating him as the middle man will help speed up the process as well.

Again, sorry for the delay with the double points day. We understand that everybody likes to see where they stand ASAP, especially the guy on top, Boyce Tongue

This problem will be dealt with and SHOULD be gone for the 6/26 weekend. Praying

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Emphasis on SHOULD, because things don't always go as planned, but I promise, we are working on it, and plan to have the points up MUCH sooner this time around!

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
BTW, congrats to Nick Bowman and Scotty Campbell for taking Sportsman and Pro, respectively, for Saturday's race at the Curt George Memorial Chrysler Classic, which finished up this morning. Also, Kyle Reasbeck for his R/U in the Hemi class in today's race.

Good to see the local guys getting it done!

So, Scotty jumps in a Mopar and wins at the Chrysler Classic....

Lookout Bob, next he'll be asking to race Karen's Bug at the VW event! Rolling

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Josh Wirt:
BTW, congrats to Nick Bowman and Scotty Campbell for taking Sportsman and Pro, respectively, for Saturday's race at the Curt George Memorial Chrysler Classic, which finished up this morning. Also, Kyle Reasbeck for his R/U in the Hemi class in today's race.

Good to see the local guys getting it done!

So, Scotty jumps in a Mopar and wins at the Chrysler Classic....

Lookout Bob, next he'll be asking to race Karen's Bug at the VW event! Rolling

Great job guys!!!!......I broke more parts...Frown

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Eric, man, I've seen a lot of people in the past 9 seasons break and get pushed off right in front of the tower. I have to say, you might be the first I've ever seen get out with a smile on your face. I wish everybody could be happy no matter what happens like that! I know you weren't happy that your car broke, but it was nice to see somebody who wasn't all bent out of shape and throwing a fit because his car broke. Idunno, I just think sometimes guys get a little too serious about what is supposed to be fun.

Hope you get it fixed soon, so we can see your smiling face back out there. Good luck!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Josh Wirt:
Eric, man, I've seen a lot of people in the past 9 seasons break and get pushed off right in front of the tower. I have to say, you might be the first I've ever seen get out with a smile on your face. I wish everybody could be happy no matter what happens like that! I know you weren't happy that your car broke, but it was nice to see somebody who wasn't all bent out of shape and throwing a fit because his car broke. Idunno, I just think sometimes guys get a little too serious about what is supposed to be fun.

Hope you get it fixed soon, so we can see your smiling face back out there. Good luck!

Lol...thanks Josh....no sense in getting worked up about it...thats not going to fix it any faster...lol. Hopefully it will be back together soon..I had planned on attending the Race of Champions at my old home track...Dunn Tire Raceway Park on the weekend of the 4th. You'll see my ugly mugg again soon...Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Again, sorry for the delay with the double points day. We understand that everybody likes to see where they stand ASAP, especially the guy on top, Boyce
Thanks Josh, you made me and my daughter very happy!! She has a very bad temper...she gets that from her mother!!! (I love you honey) sorry about that...but she scares me!! Eyes

Posts: 26 | Location: blairsville,Pa | Registered: January 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I saw your wife mad once Ron. Woke me out of a dead sleep. Big Grin

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So You know why i get scared at nite! DONT poke the Bear!!!....Bob, you got the memory of an elaphant! how bout that fire!!! 5 gal. of 110....now thats a fire!,and it smelled good too. Bann

Posts: 26 | Location: blairsville,Pa | Registered: January 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
Hey now Chuck....no swelling heads here!! Just had a couple of good weeks and thats it. By the way thanks for the pictures Laughing
I finally got to take the Trans-am out last night to QCR. Had a blast...running 10.70s in street trim. I want to come to PGH for the King of the street this year again. Anybody know the rules? Two steps allowed? E.T Break?
Only could hit the tree in the 30s...... I'll be dead meat against those guys at PGH (Romeo's all...Casini, Benish, Cadmore, Killer Chuck(the PGH flasher) Casper, Brewer, oh yea and that killer in that green 14 second duster No No If I forgot your name its probably because there are so many of you and I'm tired of typing..

peace
Lou

Just had to bust on you a little bit Lou. Big Grin You have had a good couple of weeks, but you're also a good driver, and I hope the run continues for you. King of Street is footbrake only, all run, and must be registered, insured, inspected (if required). New this year, a 25 mile cruise prior to the race, from the track, down 22 to 66, and back to the track. I believe once back at the track you can drop exhaust and change to slicks for the KoS event. There will also be a True Street class, and those cars will not be allowed to do anything but adjust tire pressure.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Retro D:
prp cant post points after one week only talking 75-80 cars sad

Sadder yet is hiding behind a screen name. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffo:
Have also had lanes switched in time trials against a dragster that is close to management.

Let me get this straight... you're whining about someone switching lanes in a TIME TRIAL????? Roll Eyes

I understand Larry's points. He switched lanes ones, and was disqualified because of it. His point is, the rules should be equally enforced, or, if the rule about switching lanes is no longer in effect, that should be made known as well. Personally, I think it shouldn't matter who is in the other lane. You still have to cut a light and run the number/drive top end to win. And pulling cards prior to the session starting makes it harder to try to line up on someone.

Greg has asked early and often that if you have something bothering you, talk to him (Larry did). Bad news always travels faster than good, and reputation means a lot. People can get the wrong impression of PRP, and not know how good the people are there, how hard the track workers efforts are to give the best and safest surface they can, things like that.

A bad day racing is still better than a good day at work to me. If it isn't fun, why do it? I love to race, win or lose, and I love to be at the track. It's a family reunion every week. I wish the same for everyone else coming through the gates. There is way too much serious real life shyt out there, and I'd rather lose myself from it for a day/evening.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chuck,for making the point that there are legitimate things to complain about. Larry had a legitimate complaint and handled it the right way. I don't appreciate being grouped with some crybabies because we run Street. We have had legitimate issues in the past and the solution was the card pull thing. I think it is going great now and Street is still neat...whether we get beat or not. I think most of us are running whoever we get (although I'm about tired of running Rich Penn when he is at the top of his game and I am not! LOL) and having a good time doing it! And by the way, picking ducks only goes so far! You won't get more than a round or two doing that and the new points system took the ridiculous importance off those first couple rounds (another change PRP racers requested and got!). Running tough competition (which we have plenty of in Street) is what makes us all step up our game!

As far as the negative reputation, we all know there are some jacka$$es out there looking for stuff to rag on PRP about. I usually keep my mouth shut about that because I don't believe in dignifying garbage with a response. My point, however, is that most of us who really care about racing and PRP know when we see a comment from those anonymous few, it is trash and we ignore it. And if they don't get a response, it doesn't become a controversy and spread like wildfire. It is hard to not respond but it is the only treatment they deserve. Okay, I broke my rule and responded (not to them but to being stereotyped with them!) so that's my .02!!!! Love ya PRP family!

Amy Romeo
1973 Pontiac Ventura
PRP 2007 Street Champion
Sponsored by:
World Class Transmission
Dean Racing Engines

Posts: 35 | Location: New Alexandria | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Kiel
posted Hide Post
Congrats Amy,,very well said...see you Sat.

Posts: 20 | Location: Portage Pa | Registered: September 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post