DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
AJ, I'm thinking with that good practice against an extremely tight field at NRP, you're going to be a bad hombre.

Nice intro page on the PRP site for Russ' track championship... except that one pic has an ornery, shady looking bald guy in it. Big Grin

Thanks to Stephanie Vasbinder for taking pics on the King of Street day, lots of nice shots. Of course, I saw at least one of a Vibe in that mix too. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck we will see.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
there was a ton of cars faster than 7.70 there.
when you run a quick 32 or 330 race , they are supposed to turn off the 660 timer. but ran it all together. and the boy that ran the 7.34 and backed it up with the 7.35 was beaver springs jr champion. first the dad said that bob told thenm they cant do that after his first pass, then he said bob asked if he could back it up. and thats when he ran the 7.35.
i think at antthing faster than a 7.70, you loose your license for a year. that happened to a girl down south last season. they rented the track and the first pass she went like a 7.54.
nhra heard about it and pulled her license for a year then notifed ihra and they did the same.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Oh it was a 330 race. That would be okay but you would think they would shut off the 1/8mi. Oh well.

Looks like it will be a good day for the PA challenge. We need to beat that BEAVER and show them who is boss!!!

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I agree!!! Looks like a good day to beat up on some Beaver.....

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
we will defintly be there. coming up sat and staying for sunday.
from the sounds of it, i dont think there will be many from beaver springs there.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Who were the big winners last night??

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Not me. I picked a bad time to have a good light... if I had been shallow instead of deep.

Josh Rietscha and Rich Zemrose matched up in Top. Josh was having problems hooking, and dialed 9.20, but Rich got the win. I thought it was going to be Mike Balaska's night, but in the semis, as he was trying to bump in, the car wouldn't go, and when it did, he took too big a bump, .015 red to Ron Hamill. Hamill bulbed to Mark Brewer Sr in the final. No offense to Kevin or Tom, but it was really cool to see Lenny Kerestes get the Street win.

I can't wait for this weekend. I just hope I got the red out. Who's in?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

I thoughtit was Mikes night as well. He was knocking the tree over all night. That happens when you bump though. After looking over my slips thats what was plaging me all night. Wasnt taking the same one each time. I was consistent though on 60ft. It was either 1.65 or 1.63 all depending on the bump I took. Geesh.

Oh well glad that is behind me and cant wait til this weekend. It can only be better cause last night was not good at all for me.

Congrats to all the guys that won last night.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I guess the PA State Challenge was a wash? Or a forfeit?

Your dad did a real nice job of cutting me down in Street. I was toast if I didn't have the tree on him. Just like the KOS day, you and Mike are both due. And maybe I am too. Big Grin

Might need to bring the tree up if we get rain delayed, AJ. Cool

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Its still in the trailer. Havent had time to unload it. We can do it whether or not we have a rain delay.....

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Sounds good to me.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What's up guys? I found the problem with the ole Grand Prix...#8 intake valve spring was broken! I guess that's why I ran a tenth off the dial Smile I'll get it fixed for this weekend though!

I was cheering for Mikey Balaska all night! He is definitely due for a win. He's driving really good, but just not catching a break when he needs it....but I think that he should ease up on AJ a bit!!

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thats not a good thing but a quick fix. You going to change them all?

Mikey never takes it easy on me. Actually not many people do. Oh well I need to get my **** together.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is everyone ready for the race on SAT?

I was thinking we should plan on having a practice tree race saturday after the race. As long as Russ brings his buttons for the tree.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you found the problem in time for this weekend and the Classic, Russ. Maybe Mike will take it easy on AJ after you take it easy on Mike. That could get confusing. Big Grin Tom started to mention you found the problem on the Monte?

Weather looks like it will cooperate for Saturday, knock on wood. I'm in for the tree race, and we're staying at the track for Sunday, so Mike and Barry will be in. I can help out like we did at Bracket Finals too. Speaking of Finals, I was hoping the coverage would be in this new issue of DRM.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Weather still looks good for Sat. we will see what happens.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
hey girls!!is there going to be open parking or are there still paid parking.we need to be close to the staging lanes as possible!! Cool

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Should still be paid parking. If I wanted to be close to the lanes I would pit at the bottom of top pit road down towards the concession stand. I don't think there are reserved spots down there and you could push to the staging lanes from there.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
AJ, I'll bring my buttons for the practice tree. However, there may be a rental fee depending on who wins the big loot! I just want to make sure that Prest guy doesn't park by me....I heard he's a real pain in the butt! Big Grin

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post