DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Mad

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Please say extra prayers for our girl "Nikki"!

Day +44 and +45. Here we go again.
Posted 14 hours ago
Nikki did well for Daddy yesterday and I did make it home for a short time. It went way to fast and I didn't even drive my car. I did take a picture and will post that soon. The bleeding from Nikki's gut is not improving and yesterday they adjusted several meds. She received blood and platelets. Today started out not to bad and then the roller coaster started going out of control. This morning we mainly talked about the bleeding and decided that she would go to the OR to be scoped again since it is not improving and the doctors want to be sure they are not missing something. She needed blood and platelets again today. Her liver numbers and billirubin got worse because of the IV med changes done yesterday to try to stop the bleeding. She tried to eat today but the pain just gets too bad. Then this afternoon we noticed that her oxygen saturations were dropping. A chest xray was done and showed a hazy area on the right middle lobe. Now we have to add a brochoscopy to the upper and lower GI scopes for tomorrow. She also had a chest CT done this evening and you know what that means. Yes, another IV stick for the contrast that can not go through her broviacs. She did so well, but I just want it all to stop. She has been through enough. She is now back to wearing alittle oxygen to keep her saturations up. Please pray for Nikki to tolerate all the tests tomorrow and for the doctors to find the answers we need to treat Nikki and make her well again. Bob and I need all of you out there to continue to pray for Nikki as we are struggling again with all of this. I just want to go home and plan Nikki's 7th birthday party and now I know we will not be home in time. When will this nightmare end! I do not know what time Nikki will go to the OR since she is an add on, but will try to update when we are done. Trying to stay strong-- Karen

Nikki went to the OR at 2pm. I will update as soon as I hear something! Please, please pray!!
Nikki is back in her room. She did good. Bob and Karen waiting for answers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ma Brewer-Christine,

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
thought it was just me..hey how about that 80% chance of rain you guys had saturday?? Car

You mean when we got the full race day in, including the second chance race? You *****in' about the weatherman now Billy?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
chuckt,can you try to resend that picture please.i didnt get it..thanks hank! Big Grin

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry i didnt respond ealier to the Bristol weekend or anything cause I usually aint ever on here, Just Scott. But I do have to say Thanks for the comment Dean and as anyone that knows me and can see I like cooking and food lol. But there is alittle more to this story that a few might not know so I will spill the beans...................

1st we was moving right along and ran into a few problems with the biggest being a broken down motorhome pulling a box trailer. We all put our heads together trying to come up with the problem

(Sorry Scott, Aj needs a new shirt)

after a few failure attempts I figured I would give it a last attempt and call good ol dave, but only 1 problem, the only phone that had service in West Virginia was Chucks Brick, so I had to borrow Chucks Phone

and had to call Dave, who also had Chucks other phone for some advice

But after all this and about 5 hours we figured that we could do nothing else on the side of the road in West Virgina, So we all continued on our way with AJ & Bri following later. ( If you need anything welded anyone in West Virginia can do it, I think thats the only way they sale vehicles down there with Lincolns already equipped lol )

So we get down there and spend the Night in our beautiful condos right across the street from the tracks and get up and go to the track with the first site of an ugly day

But it turned out to be a race day and the beginning of a very fun enjoyable weekend.

after the late night getting to the condo and the early morning friday it was nice after the day of racing to get back and relax with a good nights sleep. Satuarday everyone got up and headed back to the track for day 2 of the WFC. It was really fun watchin all the tough racing and all the nice cars and talking with the other racers. After our group was done for the day we had one in perticular that had a REALLY CHERRY VODKA COKE NIGHT and had a good time, but somewhere along the line he got lost and we had to call in the troops

Once he was found and we all enjoyed the rest of the evening we all went back to enjoy our last night in the condos. Sunday, the last day of the WFC and after a rough night and a long rough weekend of racing we had a few get tuckered out

or it might of just been the location, somehow no matter who is in the spot by the black trailer always winds up sleeping.

All in all I think everyone had a great time and I know we will be back next year. Russ and Mark did a really good job making it into the field pretty good and I do think One of the team will crack the win sooner or later. For sure a race to plan on attending as the host's Jared & Steve go above and beyond to make sure you feel welcome and do what they can to put the race on and have fun doing so.

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thats some good stuff there Greg. I am still laughing. Very good narrative of the weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
aj,what did you break on that rv now??man that thing has been tough on you.hope things are getting better for you. Eyes

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
aj,what did you break on that rv now??man that thing has been tough on you.hope things are getting better for you. Eyes

Fuel Pump this time. It has been a tough customer but should be all fixed now. Had fuel pump replaced and a complete tune-up once over. The guy that worked on it said its the best running one he has driven in a while. Things are better each day I wake up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That is too damn funny. The brick phone makes the whole story lol. And Charlie, this is probably the first and last time you'll ever hear this but...

YOUR A LIGHTWEIGHT!!!

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Tedesco:
That is too damn funny. The brick phone makes the whole story lol. And Charlie, this is probably the first and last time you'll ever hear this but...

YOUR A LIGHTWEIGHT!!!

He's a what???? Off topic Rolling Laughing Rolling Praying Angel

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
By the way, Big Frank told me no Jr's, no TCR, just cars and bikes. Let's have at it tomorrow fellows!!!

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
that was freaking hilarious Rolling

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
LoL, Greg that was a great story. Love the pics in there, too. Sounds like you all had a fun time!

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Tedesco:

YOUR A LIGHTWEIGHT!!!

Dude, you can't keep jello slime down without horking. Meanwhile, I can't decide between margaritas on the rocks, or frozen, so I got both. And notice my brick ain't quite as big as Miller makes it out to be. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dude, that so called "jello" was 100% not made correctly. If i recall, jello is more solid than liquid/mush

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It was made correctly... but cooler space was at a premium.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Wow, where's my big a*** margarita?? I'm like so jealous!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
LOL Chucky two fisting.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
chuckt,nuttin yet.sup wit dat? Confused

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
Wow, where's my big a*** margarita?? I'm like so jealous!!

I second that, Christine! Big Grin

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post