DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A big congrads to Chuck T. on winning the street class. He has been on fire the last couple weeks. Great job brother!!

Posts: 37 | Location: Ford City, Pa | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Awesome job Chuck.... now you got to buy dinner for the crew... sorry man we all had to go through it lol...

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Awesome Job Chuck!!! Slayin people the last couple weeks!!!

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your win, Chuck -- great job! Smile

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Barry is dead on, Chuck has definitely been in the zone! Let me just say this, I'm glad that we have this weekend off for the Chrysler Classic because I need the extra week to heal my wounds from the severe whoopin that Chuck T put on me Big Grin Great job Chuck!! You da man!!

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
CHARLIE, you did it. Congratulations and good job.

Also on another note I think for the track, the show and the spectators was awesome. I was really pleased with the turnout of racers and spectators, its been a LONG time since I seen that many A S S S S S ' S S S S in the seats. The best part was after I was sidelined for the evening I got to take notice on how the spectators was really into the races and when Amber (Mikey B's wife) was racing in the second chance race and when she left and was spotted 6.5 seconds the fans went nuts and when she lost they all went awwwwww and the same with a fast bike spotted a slower car and won.

The show itself was unbelievable with the Jet Dragsters running 298 & 297 MPH in was able to slow up and make the turn multiple times (and people complain about shut down?) and all that was followed by a half hour of fire works. All of this and the final pair of cars went down the track at 11:53 PM.

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Great job, Chuck!! Glad you got that gorilla off your back. Also thanks for the use of the Bounder. A big guy with even a bigger heart.

Hats off to everyone who put the show together from management down to the staff. We had a great time and saw alot of smiling faces.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I agree, Greg. I couldn't believe how many spectators turned out for the event. But then again, this show is the one that always seems to have the largest turnout. They were really into the racing, though. I think for one round of the second chance race, an 18 second street car beat a dragster or some sort of much faster car and the crowd just reacted with awe. It was great!

The show was totally AWESOME! I was hoping to see a 300MPH on the scoreboards, but 298MPH was close enough! I love how you can feel the heat from the cars and feel the "vibrations" in your chest as they move up to the line. The fireworks were beautiful, too, as always. An all around terrific show!

Can't wait for Night of Fire 2010! Cool

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Great job Chuck on your win. Russ is right about the big block being better for you. Car reacts quicker then before.

As for the show and turnout is was great. I was also hoping to see 300mph cracked but oh well it was close.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
was the 298 a track record?

was definitely a great show.
job well done to all track staff.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
Way to go Chuck!

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Conrats Chuck way to go!!!!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Joe Jr.
posted Hide Post
AWESOME job Chuck T Smile and congrats to all of the class winners.. i can't agree more i thought the show was GREAT!!

1978 Chevy Camaro, SBC Powered - 4X06 and PX 21

Posts: 27 | Location: Portage, Pa | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Has anybody raced at Thompson in the last couple years? How is the track surface compared to PRP?

Thanks

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by suprcheby:
Has anybody raced at Thompson in the last couple years? How is the track surface compared to PRP?

Thanks

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! Let's see.... how old are you today? Hum I have to do the math ... 2009 - 1958 = 51. Eyes I hope you have a good day! (And I already know... payback's a b*tch!)

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Suprcheby, Thompson ground down the shutdown area this spring so it's good. The starting line is well taken care of and will hold the Asphalt War type of T/S cars. I think DeCerbo went a 4.06 there last month. The return road is pretty bad though, but I understand improvements are in the works.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Chuck e baby!! Good for you!! Shawn and Bri in the final again!! Great show!!

Happy Birthday Mr Whalen!!! Damn, I'm still older!!!lol

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Good job Chuck!!!!!!!!

You deserve it buddy! Big Grin

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone! Last week felt pretty good, but it feels even better winning in class, especially after 10 years of trying, and going O-fer in 6-7 other final rounds of Street. Sorry I had to go through some friends to get it, but that means they were winning too.

Gadzooks, Tom, you been taking hints from Andy? Big Grin I may have to get a red tossel cap if make winner's lane again. Big Grin

Happy birthday Bob W!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
You just found the gold finally Chuck. OHH silver and gold, silver and gold.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post