DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Bill, why don't you just call PRP? You know the people there, they will tell you why. I have no clue what you are talking about, never heard about that.
Glad to see you guy's over at QCR being sportsman like and enjoying yorselves. Nice gestures that I have been reading about. Almost brings a tear to my eye.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Some Norwalk pics, courtesy of Bob Wenzulburger:

Local guys were in the finals in Top Alcohol. I hope our local guys do as well this weekend at our Pro Am.
Mike Kosky runnered up in Top Alcohol Dragster:

And Bobby Martin won Top Alcohol Funny Car:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big fan of the throttle stop classes, but I do like seeing cool door cars. And throttle stopping a Top Sportsman car for 3 seconds, to 9.90, at 201mph was b itchin'!

Same racer, Michael Manners, also entered a blower powered rail in Super Comp. Throttle stopping for 3.5 seconds for 8.90 class, at 216mph!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The troublemakers:

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Wings!!! Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Well, wing nuts, we're not millionaires. Pro Stock/Pro Mod/swingset fantasies on hold. We did win $3, I'll play that for Saturday's drawing.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks 4 letting us down easy Chuck. Keep tryin thats all we can do. Maybe that $3 will get us somewhere. Wink

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
UPDATE for Saturday: The bracket race is canceled. IHRA had to move the Sportsman National schedule up, due to the threat of rain on Sunday. From DragRaceCentral.com:

Facing a forecast calling for a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Sunday, race officials have moved the schedule for the Pittsburgh Thunder Nationals Sportsman National event up and will run qualifying and the first round of eliminations Saturday evening, following the completion of the second Summit Racing Equipment Pro Am.
The remainder of eliminations will be run Sunday, starting at 9:30 a.m.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Dam it! Darn rain!!! Mad

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
Dam it! Darn rain!!! Mad

Yep... DOn't know who POed mother nature but sure wish they would make up cause she sure is trashing a lot of our weekend! Frown

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Britt Mizia for getting the Iron Man in Stock last night.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
big congrads to aj casper!!!r/u at qcr saturday..good job cuz.hope you got home safely after a real long rain delay..also nice to see some other prp racers like frieght train!!see you guys this wknd if mother nature will permit..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
congrats goin' out to Britt Mizia for winning Stock on Friday Night and for the National Event runner up on Sunday,,,,also good job to Scotty Campbell and Greg Miller for gettin it down to 4 cars in Q/R on Sunday!

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Britt again, for the runner up finish in Stock yesterday.

Congrats to Scott Campbell for making the semis in Quick Rod yesterday.

Congrats to Bill Nuzzo from Irwin, taking the Iron Man Saturday in Super Rod in his Mustang II. How the heck do you throttle stop a 5 speed??

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Jason got the bulb on me! Big Grin But he does that to everyone. Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
And now, COME ON DRY WEATHER!!!! 9 points races in 6 weekends, and I need 'em all!

DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, Also good job Britt he was drivin awesome all weekend, and thanks for everyones help gettin my car to run close to 8.90 man that was a fun class, prp guys give the pro-am a good run

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
While some of the routes you drive may or may Not be listed the follow item pertains to all roads in PA.

In Addition take special attention to the highlighted portion at the end and that doesn't include any other
fines they may include seat belt buckled up, inspection registration expired lights burnt out all mean more money.

Watch out!!!

BULLETIN! BULLETIN! BULLETIN

Look out for Penn dot trucks parked along the road or appearing behind you pacing you, it could be a Trooper
driving the truck, it is called 'Operation Yellow Jacket' and will be off and on all summer, each district has
a truck cleaned up and ready to go!

Watch Your Speed In PA!

USE CRUISE CONTROL AND IF YOU ARE IN THAT MUCH OF A HURRY AT NO MORE THAN 2 MILES
ABOVE POSTED SPEED LIMIT.

THE FEW MINUTES YOU SAVE SPEEDING, ISN'T WORTH A TICKET OR
A GAMBLE WITH YOUR LIFE.

Starting today, Pennsylvania will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy.

The state estimates that 9 million
dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers' overtime.

There will be 50 state
troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways.

They are the following:

Rte.

81 north and south
PA-220
I-99 north and south
I-95 north and south
&n bsp; I-279 north and south
I-276 east and west
I-376 east and west
I-76 east and west
I-80 east and west
I-79 north and south
& nbsp; I-70 east and west
PA-60
PA-66
US-22 & 322

ALL SHOULD READ & REMEMBER THIS PART OF EMAIL !!!!
5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket
every 10 to 20 minutes.

They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Dodge Charger Police cruisers and are bringing
in all of their part timers on full time. If you work in western Pennsylvania, you will probably take one of these highways.

It's up to you how fast you are going when they clock you.

KDKA and WDVE & CBS3 confirmed all of this.

So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on your Driving
Ticket fine increase in PA:

Starting on August 15th, the price of a ticket for violation of PA Law 39:3-29 (failure to show your driver's license,
registration, or insurance card at the time you are stopped) is going from $44.00 to $173.

Please make sure your vehicles have the proper documents in them.

If you jump in the car to run to the store and
forget your wallet with your license in it and you are stopped.... Oh well... you just spent $173.

And the fine for not
having all three documents is $519!!!

*****Make sure everyone knows about this! ******

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It's a hoax:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_pa_speeding_ticket_frenzy.htm

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/speeding.asp

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i hope that is right.
i do know that the state police in hollidaysburg do sit in penn dot trucks along interstate 99.
he seen that a lot before.
it was sent to me today and thought it was serious.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post