DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Tedesco:
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
you need a driver for that dragster of yours aj??

why? do you know of one? I rule

kidding, obviously Billy. car is beautiful man.
as a matter of fact yes i do know a driver...he goes by hank!you know him? Cooland thanks.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Tedesco:
quote:
you need a driver for that dragster of yours aj??

why? do you know of one? I rule

kidding, obviously Billy. car is beautiful man.
as a matter of fact yes i do know a driver...he goes by hank!you know him? Cooland thanks.

Prest: That paint job in the picture is beautiful!!!!!!!!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
Bill I'm next in line in Aj's pipe....gotta drive one of those darn things eventually. Will I fit in this one Bill?
i dont know mark,its taller and same width!24"wide. Hum

Taller is good...lol. AJ's is 24 too I think, and taller and I fit good for being a guy too big for a dragster...lol

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well rained out again. This sucks.

Anyone trying to go somewhere else today?

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Nope...

Last I checked PRP has 1/8th mile clocks...sure would make days like today a reality in my opinion.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Aj,

Me and Biddle's and a few others are goin to quaker. It should be a nice car count if you get a few guys to come as well.

Posts: 441 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well I see I am not going to fall behind in points this weekend because I wasn't planned on making the tow this weekend.

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Guys left for Quaker, tomorrow Mason Dixon for the foot-brake race.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Pesky sun messing up some racing

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Hope everyone is doing ok in this NASTY weather we have here, make sure to stay dry!!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
well it was dry in the garage!!last i heard qcr was in the 4th round.had a nice car count also.. censored

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
anyone who ordered decals from me: do u want them shipped or just wait till we make it to PRP. aj, balaska, jeff, and chuck t let me know.

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You can bring them the next time i see you Jason.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mark check PM's

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That's all right people, I'll take the hit. I made a bad decision on being able to run.

The info I had was rain coming back in for the afternoon and it didn't make sense, but as you are all aware, the rain didn't come, it couldn't have been any nicer, except for the wind.

So yes, I screwed up and wont be the last time more than likely, but continue on, I deserve it.

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I think we all will forgive you this time Frank Big Grin.

www.weather.com always pretty decent for weather prediction, they weren't calling for rain yesterday.

What about moving the jr's back so as to not have to make the decision so early?

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well Frank I am sure your ears were burning yesterday.

I think if the reason we canceled the race was due to Jrs traveling in we should handle it as 2 separate programs. If we cant get Jrs in their alloted time in the morning the Jr program is canceled. We still run big cars.

My whole thing with canceling early is we dont even give it a chance. we all know weather predictions are like playing the lottery. They are wrong many more times than they are right.

Yesterday was a tough call with the wind forecast too but it goes just as the rain prediction. I mean it was windy yesterday but didnt see the 45+MPH gusts they were talking about.

We just have to give it a chance to succeed. I understand if you open the gates it costs money. Then if you rain out and provide rain checks it puts you 2 days in the red. However if its not given a chance to happen no money comes in...

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jason bring them to the track next time we run...

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
nobody can predict the weather. when u wake up and stick your head out of the door, then you find out. on the other hand, you cant call a race cause you think its going to rain. i just dont get it. want to make money and grow the track, you got to be there.

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
frank, i think you made the right call. the wind they were calling for is as bad as the rain.
they were calling for 40 mph gusts yesterday afternoon.
i know as for jrs, a 15 mph cross wind will throw the cars around and wouldnt put ryan on the track if the winds were as bad as they were calling for. just not worth it.

i would be all for running the jrs later. i remember when we first started, they were in with the regular cars. which made it nice because it made the jrs feel like part of the main event and actually had spectators in the stands when they ran. plus it gives us some cool down time between rounds. that made it real nice.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post