DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How did the guys do at quaker yesterday? I heard Notorious Nick Bowman made it down to 4 in one of the classes. How about the Brewer boys?

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
im just curious,
when i was racing, i remember that everyone started early and the jrs were in with the big cars.
why did that change?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I thought they did it for safety reasons so the big cars and Jrs weren't moving around at the same time.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i dunno, the later rounds in jrs are still running when the big cars are.

if the tower side of the entrance to the burnout box was restricted to the big cars, same as the road up in front of the tower, i think everything would be safe.
you dont know how many times the jrs are in the lanes ready to go and see a big car take a shortcut through in front of the jrs i have seen.
same as cars warming everything up running through the pits when the jrs are running.
to me , that part of it is a ton more dangerous than running them in a scheduled order with the big cars.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
im happy the jrs run early so then they are kinda outta the way. yesterday at quaker...nick went to the semis in street legal...matt obertanec went to the semis in footbrake...mike egan i think went to the semis in pro and big brewer went to the quarters in pro i believe. it was windy as a mother so they raced eighth mile. all in all it was a good day. i was looking forward to finally running my car saturday but since im broke as a joke i couldn't make the hall to quaker. hopefully wednesday will be dry.

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I like the jr's running early because it allows part of the program to start early and lessens the load so we get down earlier.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
why not start the entire program earlier.
i remember when i raced that the gates opened when it does now for the jrs and everyone started early,

i know we will run no matter what time they tell us to be there.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Frank, I love ya for canceling yesterday. I'd been hacking on my junk all week, and I was fried. I would have been pushing it to stay awake at 7:30am to finish up what I needed to finish up, especially when I had the rad hose blow off, need to change the oil, etc.

My 2 cents, I think the program is good as it is. Let's just hope for some good weather so we can race.

And..

SUNDAY JUNE 7 IS NOW A RACE DAY!!!

So it's another race weekend, woo hoo!!!

I think Barry is liking Oldsmobiles in a very personal way now.... Scotty's, now mine.

I'm sorry, Jen-nay...

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Jason, track for me too please.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
gotta love race weekends. Big Grin

glad to see its getting there chuck.

that close and personal , i think you will need to invest in some fender covers or some Mr. Zog's Sex Wax Wink

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Dang Chuck you make one helluva mess. Looks good so far and can't wait to see how it runs for you.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
You know, every track around us from Ohio, WV, Maryland and in Pa was open. I understand that we don't want to open and lose money, everyone gets that. But, anyone that owns their own business realizes that the business is not going to make money every day. Every business is going to have days when they lose money. There was a time, many years ago, when Quaker had a reputation for not opening their gates because the owner didn't want to destroy the grass in the pits. If we don't at least make an attempt to open we may end up with that same rep. I like the idea of the pro rated rain check, it gives the track a break if it rains later in the day. You need to use that option. I dont know why the call is made so early. Make the call at 10 instead of eight.

Oh Frank, you make me so mad.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
why not start the entire program earlier.
i remember when i raced that the gates opened when it does now for the jrs and everyone started early,

i know we will run no matter what time they tell us to be there.

If I remember correctly, when they started the whole program early it hurt the car count because most people work early saturday. It gives some guys a chance to get there later.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
I think we all will forgive you this time Frank Big Grin.

www.weather.com always pretty decent for weather prediction, they weren't calling for rain yesterday.

What about moving the jr's back so as to not have to make the decision so early?

I use weather.com also and I personally think its pretty accurate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balaska347,

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i kind of thought that was the reasoning behind it. but then again, there are jr parents that work sat. mornings too.
i know there is no way that everyone can be pleased no matter how it is run.
if they opened sat. some would complain, open and run the 1/8th, some will complain. there is no way to win this.
i still think with all the info they had, they made the right call.but everyone can be a monday morning quarterback,
like i said, if they told me to have the car there at 4 am to race, we would be there.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Man Keith. you were buff

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Frank: Not your fault, if you used the weather site posted on your home page and went by it U made the right call even though it was out in left field!!! Weather .com say a 20% chance of scattered showers as opposed to the gloomy report weatherunderground gave

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
its always franks fault. Rolling Rolling

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Stumpy is giving us Italians a bad name Big Grin

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post