DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I know Christine. It's tough to see someone that we thought was so normal be so cruel. I'm currently working on his lifetime ban from the playground at the track

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Scary news.... Jeff Lutz, with the yellow twin turbo'd Monte Carlo that has run at PRP, lost the entire car in a fire Friday night. He's ok. There is a thread on Yellowbullet about it. There are pics of what's left on page 4 I think.

http://yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122454

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
WOW. Eyes
that pic is scary, just glad no one was hurt.

there was a local dirt driver near me that is a school teacher in the bedford school district.

jack pencil jr.

this past weekend his dad and crew chief was swapping out fuel lines on their late model stock car and the trouble light fell and the bulb broke. burnt the entire # year old shop and everything in it to the ground. at a rough est. the new said between $350,000-$500,000 in damages. he was insured though because it happened inside the building.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
im pretty sure the other car that got burnt up was sonnys. dave norris' dad had a henry j in the shop too but it was ok.

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
9 Days....until the next season is underway.

I am excited. Actually will be 10 for as I cant make on Saturday but will be there Sunday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm with you AJ. I'm ready to get the new season underway. I'm definitely planning on Sunday for the gamblers but might go saturday as well.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think it's time for Christine to start the anti rain dance.

I'll be there Saturday, jonesing to at least huff a little fuel and burnt rubber. I'll most likely be cameraman Marcel. I just want to see the look on Keith's face when Bob Myers and Ed dump the clutch at 5k. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I think it's time for Christine to start the anti rain dance.

I'll be there Saturday, jonesing to at least huff a little fuel and burnt rubber. I'll most likely be cameraman Marcel. I just want to see the look on Keith's face when Bob Myers and Ed dump the clutch at 5k. Big Grin

5K, hell Chuck thats babying the thing off the line. You better try for 6K plus, 281 cu.in. gonna run 11's all motor Wink

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Rob, we'll see. Trying for bigger, but it's not cooperating again.

Ed, you're going to need a roll bar. You're going to twist that thing into a pretzel.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
if anyone is looking for a set of 26x10 mt slicks...lemme know. they have bout 10 passes on them.

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Rob, in the spirit of March Madness, I like to throw alley oops.

Smitty/M&J does real nice work. Everything was great on the clearances when Smitty measured them up. But that was before I screwed up the timing chain install, which led to 8 bent exhaust valves, nicks in the pistons, and crap on the rod bearings. Crank got a polish, same main bearings, new rod bearings, but 2, 3, and 4 are .004, and 5 is .0047. So I'm looking at cutting the mains to be .030 under now.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested in a 2000.5 Club Car gas golf cart, please let me know and I can get some pictures to you. It has a new battery, new oil filter, new gasoline filters, new drive belt and new air cleaner. I just installed a fold-down windshield, a rear view mirror and Halogen head lights and tail lights. The cart is in very good condition and needs nothing except a new owner.
Dan

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'll ask Smitty about chroming it back up. I don't know enough about it.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
And what's the plan for the Cobalt? Shaking down at PRP at all?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Holy schnike, I went Pro!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Dan, you have a PM.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Rob, in the spirit of March Madness, I like to throw alley oops.

Smitty/M&J does real nice work. Everything was great on the clearances when Smitty measured them up. But that was before I screwed up the timing chain install, which led to 8 bent exhaust valves, nicks in the pistons, and crap on the rod bearings. Crank got a polish, same main bearings, new rod bearings, but 2, 3, and 4 are .004, and 5 is .0047. So I'm looking at cutting the mains to be .030 under now.

Chuck, polishing a crank will only gain a couple tenths. Either it was loose before, or the new bearings you got are too small. Maybe look into another set of bearings before you weaken the crank.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Chuck, take Bob's advice!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The weird thing to me is all 5 main journals are within .0003 of each other:
1 - 2.9789, clearance .0028
2 - 2.9787, clearance .004
3 - 2.9790, clearance .004
4 - 2.9788, clearance .004
5 - 2.9789, clearance .0047

#1 being so different is weird to me too. The only thing that changed was the polish on the crank. I don't remember it needing that much of a polish on the mains, that it would have taken off .001 to .0013 (that's if the mains were a true 2.980 before the polish). The car never fired on the new bearings, just cranked. I don't know if there is any coating or anything on the main bearings that would have been wiped off by cranking it?

The rods are still within spec, using new .020 undersize bearings:
1-2 = 2.4788, clearance .0024
3-4 = 2.4785, clearance .0027
5-6 = 2.4784, clearance .0028
7-8 - 2.4782, clearance .0028

I'm thinking about getting a new set of .020 under mains, just to see if it makes a difference on the measurements.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
All this talk of polishing and cranking is bound to bring Fagnilli out of the woodwork.

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post