DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Even if Frank is a , he's still ok...

I talked to him a little bit ago, and I'm even more excited to race this year.

Top and Mod will each continue to pay out $1000 to win, thanks to the Pittsburgh Raceway Park guarantee.

Points are 2 points to stage, 2 points for first round win, 1 point second round win on up, 1 bonus point to each class winner.

This, I really like... 15 points days, the best 12 will be used, no more points pass. Go on vacation from weekend to weekend, and if those 2 Saturdays are points days, they get dropped. Got a wedding, family reunion, picnic, etc, on a points day? No problem, that zero points day gets dropped. And, there will be points make up days, just like last year, in case Mother Nature doesn't cooperate on a points day.

Thanks to Import Export Tire, the awesome points payout fund is the same as 2008... Top and Mod both pay $5,000 (FIVE THOUSAND!) to the winners, $2,000 to second place, $1,000 to third place, $500 to fourth, $400 to fifth, $200 to 6th through 10th. Street and Bike both pay $2,000 to first place, $500 to second place, $300 third, $200 fourth, $100 fifth. Junior dragsters, in each age group, (bonds) $1,000 to first, $400 to second, $200 to third, $100 to fourth.

Thank you to PRP, Import Export Tire, and all of the great sponsors!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
I LOVE the "best of" points system. I begged for that for years at Quaker to no avail Mad!
They would go and do this the year AFTER I sell the car I'm stupid!!! I may have to dig out the street car Wink

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I love the new setup, I am really interested to see how it works out.

MR-Just hoping I don't have to drop 0's thats all.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bill, come on out and play with us Street scum! The more the merrier!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I really like this new points system also. I think it might have saved me with starting a new job this year that may require a few saturdays.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Street is neat!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
I just may. After 22 years I may have come full circle. I started in a 69 428CJ Cougar running 13's. Two decades later I may be in a 68 Cougar running 13's!

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I like the new points system but there are some drawbacks to it also. The only thing that I dont like about it is that it doesn't pay to be there all the time now. In previous years the guys that traveled and missed a few races would drop down the ladder in the points a few places, now it will allow them to race elsewhere for a weekend and still be at top of points. As a whole it was a great move for the track and hopefully will get more people joining points for the 2009 season. Just my two cents.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bill, that would be cool! I like those cars, don't see enough of them.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Romeo:
I like the new points system but there are some drawbacks to it also. The only thing that I dont like about it is that it doesn't pay to be there all the time now. In previous years the guys that traveled and missed a few races would drop down the ladder in the points a few places, now it will allow them to race elsewhere for a weekend and still be at top of points. As a whole it was a great move for the track and hopefully will get more people joining points for the 2009 season. Just my two cents.

Thats true, but at the same time it may encourage more people to race points, they know that they are going to be able to miss a couple races and not be automatically counted out for the points chase. I think it will lessen some of the "pressure" to be at the track for every single points race. People will still probably go to every race but just knowing that you can drop your 3 low scores will ease some folk's minds.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Being one of the guys who travel this will certainly be nice for me. However I think this was a great move for PRP to make. Not for my situation where I like to travel, because in all reality there are only 2 racers in Mod that travel and really none in Top class. This will encourage those that say, 'I don't sign up for points because I have to be there all the time.' Now they dont have to be there all the time. If its going to be 110 degrees and they dont want to be at the track they dont have to. This will encourage people to join points.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I am trying to reach the "traveling racer" status...right AJ...lol!!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
I am trying to reach the "traveling racer" status...right AJ...lol!!!!

You are getting there. After the Bristol trip and your bachelor party at Norwalk you are there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
HAHA, ok. I am looking forward to achieving that status...lol.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In looking at the schedule for this seasons events, I don't see any N2O Outlaw ( old Door Jamz series) races. Is the schedule still not complete ?

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
For me, I love the best 12 of 15, so I can go on vacation for the full week with my family. I can leave Friday, come back the next Sunday, and it doesn't count against me. Last year, I missed out on 2 days at the beach, since we ran Saturday and Sunday the first weekend my vacation started. I think the many, many, positives of the system outweigh any potential negatives.

3 racers in Mod travel... now 4 with Mark... maybe another if Mikey's schedule works out... and at least 1 from Street. Big Grin And don't forget NJ in August.

I was at the Tarentum Giant Eagle last night. The Pittsburgh Thunder magazine was moving off the racks pretty nicely. My man Scotty C graces the cover!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dan, you may have to click the day to see what's on the schedule. Using the printed one, N20 Outlaws/Door Jams are May 16, June 6, July 4, August 8, September 5, and October 10.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yeah I would like to travel to some races for sure. The big think I'm missing is a truck lol. I always have to rely on a tow. I could drive it but I worry if one thing breaks im up the creek. With the new job ill be working on getting a truck.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I dont know what to think about the best 12 of 15 but i know that the 4 point first round sucks

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
Yeah I would like to travel to some races for sure. The big think I'm missing is a truck lol. I always have to rely on a tow. I could drive it but I worry if one thing breaks im up the creek. With the new job ill be working on getting a truck.

Might be able to work with ya on the truck thing...just might know who has one or 2 for sale... Hum

Jones Transmission Pumps