DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
Unless rain is actually falling from the sky I never ever believe what forcasters try to predict. Especially days in advance. They have enough trouble predicting whats gonna happen in 2 hours most times.

10-4 on that one!!

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RomeoMark:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/15670?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

This forecast is not the best, but it certainly is not the "gloom" forecast that it could be.

Only job I know of where you can be wrong 50% of the time and still be employed Roll Eyes

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Watched the weather forecast. Hit and miss rain.

I'm in on the jello shots!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Big congrats to Greg Miller last night at the Finals Gamblers race. 9 Rounds to pick up the win in No Box.

Also To Frank 'The Freight Train' Romeo for being wired to tree all night to pick up the win in Box.

Looks like team PRP is off to a great start. The rest of the teams better watch out....

Good luck to all today.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey, congratulations guys! You all rock! Keep it going! Great job!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update for anyone who's curious..we're currently on a rain delay on Saturday..halfway thru 1st round of street. Team Pittsburgh had 5 of 7 win with Barry Barnett going 001 red Frown

I will keep updating thru out the day as i can

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Nick. It's 5PM and I just got home. I had originally planned to head over but it's raining in Delmont right now. Keep us posted of the track activities if you can.

WTF Barry! You should be on the other side of zero. Seriously though, great job making the team.

Tom Nist
NX62

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Quick update: Yesterday it began to rain after 16 of 25 pairs of street cars made their 1st round elimination passes. The track was just too wet to dry in a timely manner so they called it and I am getting ready to leave for the track again. They are going to attempt to get the W**** show in today. Wish us luck!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congrats Team Pittsburgh on Defending the IHRA DIVISION 3 TEAM Championship!!!
Great Job Big Grin

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Team Pittsburgh!! All of you should be proud! Way to go!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Greg Miller, Frank Romeo, Kevin McDonald, big time ups for racking up the wins in the gambler's races. You guys were driving awesome all weekend.

Watching the gambler's, I could see what Bill was talking about with the talent in all classes from D42. They are a tough bunch, as are the BSD racers who took a big swing for the title, and fell short by only 1 point. There are a lot of Iron Man trophies over at that track, congrats to their winners. It was good to meet some of the folks from on here, and hopefully they might come in for the Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads weekend.

Congratulations to all of team PRP. There would not be a second straight team championship without all of the collective contributions. That truly was a team effort, on the track and in the pits. If someone had a problem, there was at least 6 other guys around the car offering help, parts, etc. It makes me proud to be a drag racer, and proud to be from PRP.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It was a special event. I just have to thank everyone that was there to help Shelly when her car broke. I do not like not being there to help but felt comfortable with our team being there. Instead of having one big brother there on friday she had plenty. Thank you again.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just want to say that I was never as proud to be a part of a team as I was this year. Everyone pulled together when someones car broke and got the job done. I want to thank everyone for making my first year at PRP a great one and I look forward to doing it again next year.

Also a note for the footbrakers out there that arent going to norwalk.....10K and 5K at Maple Grove this weekend.

See everyone at Ghosts goblins and gearheads!

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the help on fixing gregs car friday night and early saturday mornin after he drove the wheels off of it thursday, especially to Jason and his dad, couldnt of done it without you guys, also to the Romeos, Dave Dortenzo, Steve Butler, Chuck, Barry, it was really awesome having the help of a team and then having our team win back to back TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS, Good job to everyone on the teams it was fun

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It was an awesome team effort. That is why we are the Back 2 Back Division 3 Champions.

We push each other all year and then in the end come together as one tough, good hearted group of racers.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I was also proud to see our team come together. It is so cool to see everyone attack problems when they occur. Everyone helped out where they could to get everyone fixed and back on the track!!

Congratulations to all of team PRP!!!! We did it AGAIN!!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm still tired. I made it through Reed's first field goal last night, and was out before he kicked off.

Assorted moments sticking in my mind from the weekend...

AJ almost horking on jello shot "slime", and Nick not being able to do the slime.

Barry going straight, when the road went right, bringing Mikey's tires back to the track. I'm just glad there was some there, there.

Going back to the stands after Mikey's close call with a timeout dq in round 3, to see Barry standing there with a hoodpin.

Standing up on a bike. Scotty knows. Big Grin

This will do for now, until I can use one of Trub's pics from the stands.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hi we're back!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Yay! I don't know who was going into withdrawal most.

Some pics...

Mikey leaving one hanging on the tree:

Barry's stealth Dart over Mrs. Kohr's beautiful Dart:

Aaaahhhhh my head feels better... Amber giving me a haircut. I'll have the Giant Head's (Nick) pic on here soon, didn't get a chance to upload it to PB.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
for your information CHARLES, i was able to keep the slime down the 2nd time. Ask Shelly, she still owes me 5 dollars Smile and thanks to Mikey's girlfriend for my mohawk for the weekend!

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post