DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Wayne, please keep your facts straight.
#1) August 16's Pro Mod event was on the schedule all year.
#2) There was no "lack of interest" in the June postponement. The June 14 event was rained out.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<quaker fan ll>
posted
Wayne, June's race was cancelled 3 days prior to the event. Don't sound like a rainout. They just got lucky it did rain. Why is this event cancelled? Why pro event postponed until 2010? If you don't have the dough!! You can't have the show!!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quaker fan ll:
Wayne, June's race was cancelled 3 days prior to the event. Don't sound like a rainout. They just got lucky it did rain. Why is this event cancelled? Why pro event postponed until 2010? If you don't have the dough!! You can't have the show!!

I'm sure they cancelled in June 3 days prior because of the forcast. If they cancel early enough they can get a refund, but if they don't cancel and it rains they still have to pay them. Sounds like a smart business move to me.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<quaker fan ll>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:

I'm sure they cancelled in June 3 days prior because of the forcast. If they cancel early enough they can get a refund, but if they don't cancel and it rains they still have to pay them. Sounds like a smart business move to me.

I'm sure it does "brilliant"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Always easy spending someone else's money.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Let's see....why go to PRP?

Awesome ownership who cares about their racers
All the track equipment you could ever need
Great racing surface
More than enough personel
Professional ambulance service
guaranteed payouts
great food and friends

Have no idea why we show up at PRP every week!

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<quaker fan ll>
posted
Oh yea Hi Mad!! How's the court case coming? See you there Eek

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I know that I am scared...lol!

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
sat. looks like its gonna be a great day for racing.
if anyone has a kid that is 13-15, bring them and let them run in the TCR program.
come a little early and let them run the tow vehicle.
it would be nice to get more than 1 or 2 cars in this class.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
#2) There was no "lack of interest" in the June postponement. The June 14 event was rained out.

1) There weren't any "facts" to keep straight...I asked a simple question (hence that curly shaped punctuation mark at the end of the sentence.

2) Since you did not respond to my question, I did my own research concerning the matter.

According to Mike Tedesco's own posting on the Pittsburgh Raceway Park website on June 12, there were 3 reasons for the cancellation of the Pro Mod event scheduled for 2 days later... "LOW CAR COUNT", mechanical issues, and weather.

It is tough draw a big distinction between the terms "low car count" and "lack of interest".

Below is the full posting from PRP's website from June 12, 2008 under the headline:

"Pro Mod CANCELED UNTIL AUGUST".

==========================================

Pro Mod canceled until August

The painful decision to cancel this weekends Pro Mod event schedule for June 14, rested squarely on the shoulders of Mike Tedesco who decided to cancel the show amid multiple concerns about the timing of the event.

Factors for his decision ranged from a low car count for the weekend, mechanical issues and even weather.

“Look, the goal is to bring a show that impresses fans, racers and sponsors and this one fast became extremely problematical. So I did what I felt was best for the everyone, the track, fans, sponsors, venders, and Pro Mod teams….I pulled the event.

It was a difficult thing to do, but in the end, I believe everyone will appreciate the difficult decision I had to make.” Explained Tedesco.

The regular racing program will continue for Saturday the 14th and will run as scheduled. Also, Sunday the 15th will be utilized as a Points Make-Up Day.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
wow. didn't have time to get on last night and theres been alot happenning. the kudos should go to the prp team, they are by far the best bunch we have ever had. they are willing to do anything and put in long hours. i don't know what i'm going to do when they leave. it was a long and lengthy clean up and the wind did not cooperate with us. i thank the tedescos for supplying the equipment that we needed. in the old days it would have been a 5 hour cleanup and you still would have had a skating rink. we did have 2 people that had trouble, **** gumbert and mark verdoni both had problems and i apoligize to those two. i felt the track was fine and according to rich zemrose it was (he won the event running in the "bad" right lane)but the other two had problems and i feel bad about that. we never want to take any more time than we have to for a cleanup but i won't stand on the starting line if it isn't safe.
next time your at the track go up to the boy's that are working there, pat them on the back and tell them what a great job there doing. they really are the best.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
keith,
your crew is very good because they had a good teacher showing them what to look for on the track.
and that shows you did a great job of teaching them. a great leader is the reflection of the people behind them.
and they work their butts off from the time they get there till racing is over. and even then you still see them working.
i know for one, i appreciate the condition of the track when the jrs run.
thanks again for the job you guys do.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
yes what jeffery said..awsome teacher..and dont worry about verdonies car..it was probably the driver..more so then the car.lol Razz

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<quaker fan ll>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel II:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

There weren't any "facts" to keep straight...I asked a simple question (hence that curly shaped punctuation mark at the end of the sentence.

2) Since you did not respond to my question, I did my own research concerning the matter.

According to Mike Tedesco's own posting on the Pittsburgh Raceway Park website on June 12, there were 3 reasons for the cancellation of the Pro Mod event scheduled for 2 days later... "LOW CAR COUNT", mechanical issues, and weather.

It is tough draw a big distinction between the terms "low car count" and "lack of interest".

Below is the full posting from PRP's website from June 12, 2008 under the headline:

"Pro Mod CANCELED UNTIL AUGUST".

==========================================

Pro Mod canceled until August

The painful decision to cancel this weekends Pro Mod event schedule for June 14, rested squarely on the shoulders of Mike Tedesco who decided to cancel the show amid multiple concerns about the timing of the event.

Factors for his decision ranged from a low car count for the weekend, mechanical issues and even weather.

“Look, the goal is to bring a show that impresses fans, racers and sponsors and this one fast became extremely problematical. So I did what I felt was best for the everyone, the track, fans, sponsors, venders, and Pro Mod teams….I pulled the event.

It was a difficult thing to do, but in the end, I believe everyone will appreciate the difficult decision I had to make.” Explained Tedesco.

The regular racing program will continue for Saturday the 14th and will run as scheduled. Also, Sunday the 15th will be utilized as a Points Make-Up Day.

WOW WAY TO GO TRIPPLE
LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE SOME CROW TO EAT CHUCKT
I THINK PITTSBURGH IS OUT OF MONEY AND THE RACING WORLD KNOWS IT

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Put some hot sauce or bbq sauce on it, and I'll try some crow. Big Grin

But that's not the case here.

The fact remains that the August 16 event was on the schedule from the time of its release. Anyone with a hardcopy schedule can verify that.

The fact also remains that June 14 ended up a rainout, so Michael made the right call. I did forget that Michael made that decision early, but, that was simply good business. He would have been betting whatever gets paid to the booked in Pro Mod show against a forboding forecast.

From what I understand what was announced at test n tune tonight, from a friend who was there, the NE Outlaw Pro Mod organization's members who were to attend this weekend took some hits... a wreck, some broken, etc, so they would not have been able to bring a full show. That's a bummer, I was looking forward to it.

Quaker Fan II/Mr Anonymous, you're entitled to your thoughts, as am I. I haven't seen any sign of PRP being out of money. No one's payout checks have bounced. Purses are fully paid, no cuts. Looking forward to more of the same for the rest of the year and the years to come.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Sonya's Mom, Jo Lynn, needs alot of prayers today. Scans have shown more tumors in her brain and some do not look too good because of where they are located. Jo is going to have the gamma knife procedure today, so please pray for her.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ma Brewer-Christine,

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
If you guys would just ignore this clown he wouldn't have anything else to post about. If says the tracks out of money, great more power to him.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Could anyone get me Scotty Campbell's phone number? Need to have 16.5" wide slicks balanced
and can not find anyone around who has a machine that can fit under the safety cap of the balancing machine.

Posts: 84 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Chris, you have a PM.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about Jo Lynn. She and Sonya are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.