DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have always had nothing but Love and respect for you. Smile

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
will the quailifing times for the door jamz, Uncle Franks favorite class, be moved up on Sat. If so can we get something posted on the site.

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think all is remaining the same. Posted on the PRP homepage is the announcement that time trials will be at 1pm this weekend, that the noon time trials was for this past weekend only.

From the PRP site:
Big Car Time Trials
All Racers take Note! The Big Car Time trials are returning back to 1:00 p.m. The 12 noon time was only for last weekend.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
thanks Charles. I guess someone @ PRP reads these posts. hmmmm. C U Sat by the way how did you do Sunday ??

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dead red third round. DOH!!! How did Merle do? Problems all worked out? Hoping the good weekend weather continues for this Saturday.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Merlin had the better lite but gave up the stipe lost by .0007
It was nice to see the track had some bite in it again. I walked out past the 60ft's when they had the oil down.
Hope some of the big cu. inch cars can get dwn the track on Sat. Maybe with the booked in show the Door Jamz cars will be able to load them bad boys up. Most of the locals will be quicker than the booked in show. Says a lot about the $ the locals will spend to go fast.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
There were a few people that noticed the extra bite and im glad that you were one of them. we have been spending extra time on the track and im hoping weather co-operates for this weekend. if we get some decent conditions you shouldn't see anyone get lose down the track (door jambs and warriors alike) I would love to see you guys (door jambs) follow right after mod and top but there seems to be an issue getting you there. would be get to get this resolved as the track is at its best after top. what do you say? it really is rocket science

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
don't know what i was doing but that was supposed to be would be good to get this resolved not would be get. i'm getting senile

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
There were a few people that noticed the extra bite and im glad that you were one of them. we have been spending extra time on the track and im hoping weather co-operates for this weekend. if we get some decent conditions you shouldn't see anyone get lose down the track (door jambs and warriors alike) I would love to see you guys (door jambs) follow right after mod and top but there seems to be an issue getting you there. would be get to get this resolved as the track is at its best after top. what do you say? it really is rocket science

....I don't know about Saturday (we couldn't make it) but I got to hand it to ya Keith it was awesome on Sunday. Smile

Steve V.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Keith:
I'm not sure who is handeling the show 4 the Door Jamz. But running us after street or bikes is a real mistake because the street cars peel the track. I just think since everyone will be there by 3pm that they get the word out and schedule top about 3:15. that would put us up around 4 for first quailifing shot. If this is not suitable then someone needs to get this message back to the DJ racers. Only running the 1/8 mile saves a lot of time but in the elims, some of the DJ cars cannot round robin because some are clutch cars and need more time. I really don't know who is in charge of this deal but just my .02 In the future when they get more space they need to park ALL these DJ cars in the same area. Its better 4 the people at the track that come to see the cars and its much easier to control the DJ program. Don't know if they ever thought about getting someone to organize this deal but I have someone in mind that I think would be an excellent choice. No one hates him (yet) and he is very knowledgeable and organized.
My 2nd choice would be Buck Sinclair but that wouldn't work. He would be heading home after first round. hehe Obviously

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mr. Obvious,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
keith did a great job on sunday. thats the best we hooked all year, even picked up .05+ sec due to lack of spin.went from 8.95-8.98 to 8.87-8.93 from sat to sunday.
steve, didnt you lose a shoe in the first test pass Big Grin

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all the Winners!! Congratulations to all who won some money for the 2 day points chase!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
sorry you broke you trans..hope you get it fixed.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Big time congrats to all the winners this weekend!
Saturday:
Top - Steve Butler, running nice all day, stopping Russ from getting the hat trick.
Mod - Russ Benish, runner up in Top, and won the dial for dollars.
Street - Rich Penn goes 2 in a row, doubling his points in 2 races and launching up into contention for a bracket finals spot

Sunday:
Top - Josh Rietscha in a tight race over Scotty Campbell, I think .003 at the stripe?
Street - Don McQuire over Amy Romeo, who I think is back in the #1 spot
Mod - my teammate/lil bro Mike Balaska, knocking the tree down all day, running a new best of 11.34, over Ron Hamill

Christine, sorry to hear about the tranny. I was wondering what happened when I saw you pull to the side.

Thanks again to the Motorworks, Dominic Race Car Fabrication, and the Starting Line Racing Cafe for a neat innovative way to spread a little cash around!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill and Chuck. The tranny is "junk". It's the 5th year it's been in, must be making way too much horsepower!! LOL What's that saying, "some people have the midas touch'? Well, I have the broke it touch!! I'm not touching anything anymore between my house and car!!LOL Was just a little upset, but pouting is over. Gotta get it fixed! Congrats, again to all the winners!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
On my first attempt on the 455, I broke so much stuff, I was afraid I had the sadim (midas in reverse, everything you touch turns to crap) touch too... I was even nervous going to the head... those are parts I REALLY don't want to break! Big Grin I'm not surprised with that Motorworks horsepower that it was just too much! Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
One good thing, no mess on the track. Thought the shifter cable broke, but, nooooo junk inside. Oh well, need to add 10 more hours to the day! We'll get her fixed, and hopefully she won't be mad at me anymore. I think she likes Dave Dominick better anyway!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Oh yah extra bite. More VHT Keith, I still can't manage to break anything leaving at 5800 Big Grin

Plus real drag cars have a clutch Razz

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You need to quit sniffin clutch dust buddy Confused

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Now that's funny! Big Grin And it would explain a lot about Ed.

Though Ed did nice work with the camera on Sunday. Here is Mikey's best pass to date, 1.49 60', .001 bulb, 11.34 at almost 117. Not bad for a footbraked street car that gets 20mpg highway. Big Grin
Mikey's best

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChuckT,