DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck I am worried too but I like weather.com forecast better. There are 4 hours of rain but they are 12 - 4 where chance of rain is 60%+. Sunday will be nice though. I am thinking very dry thoughts. I am thinking drought.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Well, I have a feeling they just might call it "Rained Out", being a 60% chance. Why did they cancel the pro mods? Sure has been alot of cancellations. Rain & all.

A very Happy 21st Birthday to Markie today! Now, I know I'm old. Twenty one years ago, 3 days in labor to birth that child! Happy Birthday boy!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It's a shame we can't pack up our weather forecast and ship it west, where they need rain. The timing this year is unreal. It's been dry since Saturday, and that b! tch Mother Nature just couldn't rain yesterday or something.

3 days in labor???? Guys have it so easy. Or did you mean it's been a labor for 21 years? Big Grin Happy birthday Markie!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Markie.

I am hoping they at least try to race and dont just give it the blanket canceled.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Happy Birthday Markie!!

AJ, I am with you on that one.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I must be the only person at the track that doesn't mind the cancellations ahead of time?

It saves us a couple hours of driving and allows us to do something else for the day.

Steve

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Markie! If PRP rains out, I am probably heading out to Dragway 42 for the 10k if anyone is interested.

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RJ Benish:
If PRP rains out, I am probably heading out to Dragway 42 for the 10k if anyone is interested.

In my best Tom Bodette impersonation...

"We'll leave the light on for you!"

Judging from the radar, PRP will be getting a pretty good shower around 11 AM. It's the same line of rain that left D42 around 8:30

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Its 9:45 and that line of showers is just passing through Akron Oh.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yep, it's getting pretty dark in New Stanton and Youngwood! I think we will wait to load up. Radar does not look good at all! Besides, my kids kept me out late for Mark's 21st birthday celebration. I had one margarita and they had so much more and more and they're all ready to go. I just can't figure that out!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 27Keith:
Its 9:45 and that line of showers is just passing through Akron Oh.

I wonder what QCR and Magnolia will do today.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
I had one margarita and they had so much more and more and they're all ready to go. I just can't figure that out!

Something about "youth and exuberance" vs "old age and treachery" Big Grin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The rain will pass and it is clear skies behind this system. Let's hope we get a chance to run today.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Starting raining here about 11:30, has not stopped, still cloudy not looking good!

Yes, it's the old age thing, again!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yep same here, radar screen looks worse now than it did. light rain in Delmont right now.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
But, you have failed to mention besides that ONE Margarita all the shots that you did. I lost count for you around 9. I think those Car Bombs were what did you in or was it the Tequila?

Good thing Egan had his truck there...it was easier to throw you in the back instead of putting you in the car.

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Now Joey quit telling tall tales! LOL But you did forget to mention the triple beers at one time, too!! LOL

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Oh I can just picture that!!!! LOL Big Grin Good stuff!

Christine, if you've recovered, can you get back on the anti-rain dance again? We're all thinking dry thoughts, like drought dry.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
wow it was nice 3 days of racing @ 42 this wknd!!!nice to watch all the good racers going rounds Confused

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
wow it was nice 3 days of racing @ 42 this wknd!!!nice to watch all the good racers going rounds Confused

The Cireddu clan seemed to have everyone's number this weekend.

Brian in the Camaro took the $2000 Friday race (with both entries making up the No Box finals) while Bob in the dragster was the Box runner-up in Saturday's $10,000 race, then came back to win the $5,000 event today.

Three-thou packages were cheap. It should have been a tip-off when the first round of the box class today featured not one, but two .0000 reaction times.