DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
who is doing the rain dance again Confused

this weekend doesnt look good at all.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<CC3x04>
posted
Anyone know where to get a CO2 cylinder filled in/ around Creighton or Cranberry? I tried welding shops (no scale small enough to fill 10 oz.) and ****'s Sporting goods (fitting will not work).

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
The only place I know around Greensburg is Valley Welding. Or if there is a gun shop or paint ball shop around you they might be able to do it.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dan, try http://www.grecogas.com/
The main office/store is in Tarentum, right past Creighton. Go up Freeport Rd, you'll pass the Greco metals plant. I *think* the gas company is after that.
Greco Gas Inc.
Main Office, Store, & Fill Plant
450 Grantham St.
Tarentum, PA 15084

Thanks to Bob Spelic for the suggestion.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<CC3x04>
posted
Thanks Chuck, but that was the first place I tried. They did not have a scale to fill 10 oz.

I went to a couple more places a few minutes ago. Ross Welding off Bull Creek Rd was able to fill them. Apparently, there are two others racers that get them filled there, they recognized them immediately...

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out, Dan.

I think we're going to end up ok this weekend. It might be like last Saturday, might get wet once, but should be enough time to dry it and race.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to a full weekend of racing.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
I agree AJ, alot of racers are waiting for the 2 day race.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Did you all see the Pepsi Challenge? That's freakin' awesome!!! It's race days only... first person to cut a perfect light, .0000, on the new timing system gets $1000. For each race day no one hits, $100 gets added to the pot. I can hear the boxes being changed now. Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yeah that is awesome. I just need an email address to send in my information...LOL

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
No registration needed! Heck, it's got me thinking of 2 classing just for more shots on the tree!! Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Oh thats much better. I like it a lot. Wonder how long it will take for someone to land the .0000 doubly perfect light.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
does this include jrs too?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Since the new timing system has been installed, has anyone you know hit a perfect .0000 light ?

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No one that I know. I have had a .0002 .0009 .0003 There have been a couple -.0001 reds I have seen though.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i havent seen any either, i think thats why they are doing this.
the closest ryan has come was a .0003 red at the brackets last year and a .0006 this year.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We should place take some picks on who will be the first to hit the .0000 light and how many weeks it will take. My pick is Scotty Campbell and i would say August 23rd is the day.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Dean Pollock is the closest that I know of at .0001 on a TNT a few weeks ago. Frank came over and said that is the best light since we upgraded to this system, I agreed, I have not seen any that close. Seen the .0001 reds though.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What does everybody think about tomorrow? I think we have a shot as long as that storm moves through quick. Doesnt look like its going to be an all day soaker. We will have to wait and see.

Is the contest for .0000 only during eliminations or does it include TT as well?

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dean's .0001 was against Barry. I forget how long it took for one at San Antonio. I think this is so cool! I'm going to go with a footbraker. Mike Balaska, September 20.

Man, I'm nervous about tomorrow. There's 4 different hours that Accuweather is calling for rain, and they're all prime race hours, all 2 hours apart, 11, 1, 3, and 5. The thing about this time of year is that the rain can be a little sprinkle or an all out deluge. Sunday looks beautiful, so at least we'll get that in.

ChuckT <--- thinking dry thoughts.