DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Henry Glass for knocking out the first .0000 perfect reaction time and picking up a cool $1000, with the Pepsi Challenge only being a couple hours old! And then Josh Rietscha does it a few pairs after Henry!

Congrats to all the winners yesterday!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
Maybe they should have made it more of a "challenge". Wink Big Grin

I wonder what the Pepsi rep will have to say (other than 'doh) when he finds out it happened twice in the first event where it was promoted.

Pepsi may be a bit hesitant about promoting a $1 Million h0le-in-one contest if the Tedesco's ever decide to build a new golf course.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the winners this weekend.

Russ i'm glad to see back in winner circle Wink

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Pepsi, like all of PRP's sponsors, is awesome! The Challenge is staying! $1000 back in the pot, $100 every race day it rolls over. Only change is that it now on elimination runs only.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
T, go get some more frog tatts. Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Henry for hitting the Pepsi money, he's always knocking the tree down.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
T is that a new tat you have? i didnt think i saw it before.

I thought the program ran very smooth this past weekend. Also glad to see we have a solid set of rules to follow now. Leaves nothing to the imagination.

What are those of you non-Mopar types doing this weekend? Racing on Saturday in Mopar vs World?

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Oops forgot to say good job to all the winners:
Frank Romeo TOP
Russ Benish MOD
Joe Tharp Sr Street

Not sure on the other winners but congrats to them as well.

Also big congrats to Mr Henry Glass for knoking the tree down (in a good way this time Wink )

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Yes, congratulations to all the winners! Great job Henry, good for YOU!! Rules, okay. "T" I'll have to take a look at your new tat!! Great job to everyone!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Good job to all the winners!!!

I will be racing the mopars vs. the world after my "run-in" with some mopar fellas on www.moparts.com, lol. Just wouldn't be right if I didn't show up. I just wish there was any indication at all what the entry fee is going to be or the payout.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I seen a lot of sportsmanship at the track this weekend. Especially the Weavers running like mad to get an air tank for AJ's flat tire sitting at the front of the line. Also personally want to thank Mike Balaska for giving me a ride back from the end of the track and Dave Kasprack for the tow home.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It was very cool that *most* of the folks on the Moparts board were very good natured in trading barbs with you, Mark.

From the CC Events site:
Saturday
9:00am Time Trial #1 All Classes (includes Jr. Dragsters)
11:00am Qualifier #2 Quick 16
11:15am CRT Ten O Qualifier #1
11:30pm Time Trial #2 All Classes
1:30pm Qualifier #3 Quick 16
1:45pm CRT Ten O Shootout Qualifier #2
2:00pm Mopars vs. The World Time Trials
4:00pm Eliminations Quick 16
4:15pm Eliminations CRT Ten O Shootout
4:30pm Hemi and Max Wedge Class Run-offs

Juniors are going earlier than usual. I forgot to copy the fee/payout info, but it's $40 entry, $900 to win, $450 runner up, I think $100 semis, $60 quarters, $30 eigths.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
T's tatts should be gone by next race day... if they're not, they're either realllllly good temp tatts, or he's going to smell reallllllllly ripe. Big Grin He got Froggy'd a bunch of times at the Kenny Chesney concert.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
LOL yeah those froggy tatts are gone already. When I went to the concert they were giving those tatts.

Two weeks till we get to race again Frown

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Two weeks till we get to race again

They is a box and no box race on Saturday for all the non mopar guy's. No points but atleast it is a race.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
chuck.
are the jrs running like we usually do, or are we running in order with the rest of the cars?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MadMonte454:
They is a box and no box race on Saturday for all the non mopar guy's.

The Mopars vs. the World event isn't real clear on how it is run.

I called Chris at CC Events and she said it will be Mopar vs Brand X each round (obviously limited by the balance of cars in each group) and the final round would be one Mopar vs one Brand X'r.

That structure might make the event worthwhile for the Brand X'rs.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also big congrats to Mr Henry Glass for knoking the tree down (in a good way this time )

I thought about that after I hit the post button, but thought I'd leave it just to r*** Henry a little.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Please explain Brand X (Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, door cars, altereds, dragsters)?

9:00am Time Trial #1 All Classes (includes Jr. Dragsters) ?

11:30pm Time Trial #2 All Classes ?

2:00pm Mopars vs. The World Time Trials ?

Does All Classes mean Mopars and Brand X'ers start @ 2:00pm?
When do eliminations start?

The closest track that seems to have regular racing in Hagerstown
so I'm looking for any port in the storm.

Posts: 84 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I assume that "Brand X" is anything that is not a Mopar.

The schedule posted here earlier is different from what is on Chrysler Classic Events' website. It says:

Schedule:
Friday
12:00pm Time Trial #1 All Classes
2:00pm Time Trial #2 All Classes
4:30pm Qualifier #1 Quick 16
4:45pm CRT Ten O Shootout Time Trial
5:00pm Gamblers Race Box & No-box Classes $20.00 entry fee 80% payout

Saturday
9:00am Time Trial #1 All Classes (includes Jr. Dragsters)
11:00am Qualifier #2 Quick 16
11:15am CRT Ten O Qualifier #1
11:30pm Time Trial #2 All Classes
12:00pm Mopars vs. The World Time Trials
1:30pm Qualifier #3 Quick 16
1:45pm CRT Ten O Shootout Qualifier #2
4:00pm Eliminations Quick 16
4:15pm Eliminations CRT Ten O Shootout
4:30pm Hemi and Max Wedge Class Run-offs

Sunday
8:00am Time trial for all Classes.
12:00pm Eliminations Begin

The only thing that even identifies that the eliminations are on Saturday is the line above the entry fee and payout that reads:

Drag Racing
Mopar vs. The World Saturday Night

http://www.ccevents.com/event4_4thcg.php