DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Magnolia Drag Strip Inc.
5910 Westbrook St.
Magnolia, Ohio 44643
Phone: 1-330-866-1500
http://www.magnoliadragstrip.com

Chuck I agree if they do run Sunday it should be no points but the only issue without points will people show?

I wonder when or if they will add this points race back to the schedule?

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Sunday is going to be a nice day, cool for the cars. Points or no points, they should open. Now, that is ONLY my opinion.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that continues to mystify me, why some racers will only come out for points days. There have been many good racers who have passed up good paying races at PRP.

Hopefully the weather cooperates for tomorrow.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I know I have talked to several of the Jr dads and they would come on Sunday. We would be there guaranteed.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
without a doubt we would be there sunday, points or no points.
last year this time we had over 100 passes in, but the freakn rain this year Roll Eyes

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
if they dont open sunday, what are the chances of renting the track and seeing if we can get enough to pay for it.
possibly having our own gamblers race.
i think we could get atleast 50 cars to show up.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jeff this late in the game it would be tough to get the word out. It is a good idea though. Not sure what it costs to rent the track. I do not look for them to open sunday as would be a tough decision to make on their part seeing today is friday. If they were going to try and open on sunday it would be best practice to at least advertise a week advance that if it rains saturday sunday is the day. Like they do with the TNT.

JM $.02

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
But, if they were, there is a website and answering machine. Alot of racers check the website first before heading out and also they do call the track. more 2 cents

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i understand its a last moment thing,but we just want to race. just about ready to put pontoons on ryans car and go to raystown lol

its was just a thought that would get racers to the track and for the track to make something.

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
I am going to run out to Magnolia on Sunday just to get some seat time. It is supposed to be a decent 1/8 mile track and about the only one running Sunday.

AJ

Dragway 42 has a Summit SuperSeries Event on Sunday

Top: $2,000 to win on 64 or more cars; $1,000 otherwise

Mod: $1,500 to win on 64 or more cars; $750 otherwise

There are also 3 junior dragster classes running on Sunday.

If PRP rains out early enough, Saturday night at Dragway 42 is a Box/No Box combo; Hot Blade Jet Dragster; and UMTR Stick Shift event. Exhibition runs and eliminations begin at 7:30 PM

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone see where the points are posted on PRP's website? Either I'm blind or stupid or something isn't working.

Not that I don't know where I am at with my whopping 2 points in modified!

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
[quote]Does anyone see where the points are posted on PRP's website? Either I'm blind or stupid or something isn't working.[/quote

Click on racers on the homepage and scroll down to your class towards the bottom of the page.

http://pittsburghracewaypark.com/index.php?option=com_c...tion&id=6&Itemid=112

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Triple is that run 1/8 mile or 1/4 for Box and No box?

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel II:
quote:
I am going to run out to Magnolia on Sunday just to get some seat time. It is supposed to be a decent 1/8 mile track and about the only one running Sunday.

AJ

Dragway 42 has a Summit SuperSeries Event on Sunday

Top: $2,000 to win on 64 or more cars; $1,000 otherwise

Mod: $1,500 to win on 64 or more cars; $750 otherwise

There are also 3 junior dragster classes running on Sunday.

Dragway 42 sounds like a plan for sunday! Kids out of school and we need some seat time also!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What is the entry and Payout for Juniors on Sunday at 42?

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
42 is 1/8th..but if it rains out today qcr will open for racing on SUNDAY....42 is a haul for us pa guys..mags is awsome little 1/8th mile track.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
we are headed to beaver for tomorrows racing.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
According to the website, Pittsburgh is rained out for today. Next event at PRP is Wednesday.

Dragway 42 welcomes any and all racers. You DO NOT have to be a member of track points to receive the full, posted purse at Dragway 42's Summit SuperSeries events.

quote:
Triple is that run 1/8 mile or 1/4 for Box and No box?

Saturday's combo as well as Sunday's Top and Mod are 1/8th mile.

There is also a 1/4 mile street class (Sat trophy / Sun Money)

quote:
Originally posted by Leadhead15717:
What is the entry and Payout for Juniors on Sunday at 42?

All junior classes have a $20 C/D entry fee.

Jr Fuel (7.90-up / 13-17 year olds) and Jr Super Stock (8.90-up / 10-12 year olds) both pay $100 cash win / $35 cash RU / $5 round money

Junior S/S is a trophy class.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
QCR IS RACING SUNDAY ALSO!!!they rained out today..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
42 is a haul for us pa guys..

It depends on where in PA you are located.

If you are traveling across I-76, there is less than a half mile difference in the mileage from Akron to Magnolia vs Akron to West Salem.

Plug the city pairs into Yahoo Maps if you don't believe me.

Akron-Magnolia: 37.95 miles - 50 min
Akron-West Salem: 38.36 miles - 43 min

Dragway 42 is a quicker drive because all but the last 3 miles are on 4-lane.

quote:
mags is awsome little 1/8th mile track.

But there is no comparison between the payout vs. entry fee at the two tracks this weekend. Dragway 42 wins, hands down.

BTW, for those with Jrs...Magnolia doesn't offer the program this season.