DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, Fern.
2 of my daughters and my daughter in law have birthdays this week so I'm are struggling to know what to do

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Do what I did several years ago--I told them all that I couldn't buy everyone a gift for every occasion so when they hit 10 years old they would be lucky to get a card or a phone call.....I am to old to keep up with all of it

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone it's been a busy week got a lot listed for sale lots have good bids and am ready for one sale on thru evening and the last fri hoping for good week. Fern sorry for all your loss's sometimes things happens in such bunches that it's tough.
Chuck Floyd Nick Fern and Camaro hope y'all have a great end of week hope to see y'all tomorrow.

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Well good evening, I figured Mike could come in and do a late post I can do the same . Not much going on , Fern let me say how sorry IM to hear about your loss . Well you do have quite the tribe . Our poor little dog went through some oral surgery today feel real bad for her she can’t tell us what she needs to make her feel better . Wife is doing what you can to make the dog feel better but right now she just needs sleep I think . Well when you guys read this it’ll be morning And I’m fixing to have a good breakfast I hope all you do the same.

You all have a great Thursday .....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I heard there was a real bad crash at the reunion yesterday with a fuel altered.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Another AA/FA just crashed at the reunion. He's okay they said. The guy yesterday got hurt bad.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd them things always were death traps and now they have real big motors in them----Fern is in Pigeon Forge looking for Dolly---seen some hooters but no big head of hair. Fri, Sat, and this morning nothing but wall to wall traffic and people.....tonight its a ghost town, everyone left?????? Later folks, I'll be here till Thursday.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Brett Miller driver of the Iron Mistress AA/FA passed away due to the injuries he suffered Saturday.
God Speed and prayers to the family.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Brett Henry driver of the Iron Mistress AA/FA passed away due to the injuries he suffered Saturday.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Evening to all.... Dang got out of the desert southwest where its 97 to travel to Los Angles!!!!!What a mistake world series tickets I sold cause its 103 at the ball park..... LOL Sold them to the same guy I got them from, no money was even swapped . And he made more cash to boot , just like a good car salesman that he is ....Hahaha

Chuck, I miss you here... Saturday is the last Super Street race on the series , I'm 3 rounds be hide #1 so he will have to lose early and I'll have to go a few rounds. Right now he is #1 in NHRA Division 7 so I got my work cut out for me....

Floyd , That was some real sad news , my he rest in peace and prayer to his family and friends.

Fern , you got a few more races before the winter hits you?

Everyone Have A Great Hump Day....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys and gals wow it's been a busy week for a one legged man lol. It's cooling off here and I feel I caught my second wind but today I'm bushed been working in my old house hopefully to move back in in the next few days. Well y'all have a goodern I'm still chasing it if I catch it I'll post pictures lol. Need for speed...............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! Over center day! Been a busy week again. Friday had a great day with my baby sister up in the woods hiking. Saturday worked at KRP and loaded up to go to Norwalk bright and early Sunday. Made it to the 5th round there before hogging up a ton of stripe.

Floyd, real sorry to hear about the altered driver.

Mike, you are working hard, my friend. Remember to take of yourself too.

Nick, I hope your pup is doing better. Good luck on Saturday. I hope the rounds fall your way!

Pulling for the Astros in the World Series. Great game 1.

You all have a great day!
Crazy Driver

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well today is my last day in Pigeon Forge and didn't ever see Dolly. Went through the National forest to Cherokee, NC and back today. Those mountains are awesome. Lots of evidence of the forest fires around Gatlinburg. Those must have been awful. Next race I for sure plan on is the New Years race in Gainsville FL but when we get back home I will be looking for something around home to hone my skills. Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Out at Norwalk for the Halloween Classic. Drove decent in round 1 of the gamblers race, got the W. Rain came in when we were in the lanes for round 2. Hoping the rain moves out and lets us race the main event today. It's going to be chilly, high 40s, still damp out.

Fern, sorry you didn't get to see them, I mean, her. Big Grin I've heard Pigeon Forge is really nice, I'd like to get down there and do some hiking. I hope you sharpen those skills with a bumch of rounds in a row!!

One of the good things about Norwalk is the $1 for a pound of ice cream deal. I'm trying a different flavor every day. So, wishing you all ice cream time too.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck unbelievable hiking trails up in those mountains. You know I visited Norwalk earlier this year and just about left the ice cream counter empty---what a deal!!! Good luck up there. I am going to try to watch Steve and Jeds race in Mississippi today. Also rained out yesterday.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Brett Miller driver of the Iron Mistress AA/FA passed away due to the injuries he suffered Saturday.

Very sorry to hear. Prayers for his family and friends.

BP

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys. Not a bad weekend, pretty calm for the most part. Hope all are doing well. Have one more race to attend November 12. Racing at Cecil for a turkey.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My buddy Ryan McClanahan got himself another Wally in Vegas last weekend. Super Stock. He went 4 rds in S/C but got a .007 package put on him.
Bryan broke out in the first rd in stock.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! Cooled off a bunch, fall is here.

Fern, I had a blast at the Classic, shame the weather didn't cooperate better. Won first round of the gamblers race Friday night, then oil downs and rain ended it. Pro didn't get on the track until Sunday. I was trying to avoid my buddies from my pit, and Nick Bowman was doing the same up in his pit. So, we ended up paired up. Dead even on the tree, and I wasn't coming close to covering. I lost .04 in the 60' and the car felt lazy. I need a tnt up here to make sure I don't have an issue. I still got my ice cream, cold or not. Big Grin

Nick, how did you do?

1258, I'll have to take a look at the CC race. Yaneverknow this time of year, still got the itch and access to an Alabama stacker. Could do M-D'a turkey race on the 18th as well.

Floyd, I really dig that Cobalt. They are a good bunch of racers.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon to all... just as Chuck has said Fall is here even in the Desert SW highs in the low 80s lows in the high 50s right now. Last night we had a great light show with some awesome thunder too , sure glad I washed the dually after going up to Wild Horse Pass for the last S/ST race. Rained just enough to make the truck look like it needs a bath...LOL

Chuck, Saturday was down right ugly for me , all my history told me I was going to run 10.90 with the numbers I had in the throttle stop first hit but ran 10.819 , not even close. So I added a bunch and second run 60' is .02 faster which follows me down the track and run a 10.848!!!! At this point I have never had so much in the stop setting , But I figure out what I need to ad add and I put in a huge number. We are on a ladder for first round and I'm stuck with the seasons points leader, I have to take him out and go a few to catch him as I'm second in points. As we stage everything is looking good , as we leave I see him leave first by a little. As I go on the stop I notice he is right next to me and not on his stop, he runs 30 MPH faster than me. By the time we are at 330 he has just about a fender on me and I've have no game but to push the pedal to the metal. I run 10.899 he is next to me with 10.911. He was .000 at the hit and my .025 light killed me....Next round he had another .000 light but lost by .001

The best part of the day was a good friend's son was in King Of The Track and WON... Kyle Fritz , Its his second Wally this YEAR....

Sorry the story was so long, it was an UGLY but FUN day...

Floyd, The Divisional this week should be fun....

Have a great day....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,