DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,
A little wet here and chilly. Woody got a new sweater so he might get to wear it.

Anybody have any of the results from Vegas Bracket Nationals?

Y'all have a gooden

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Evening or Good Morning if you are looking on hump day.... Its still summer out here in the desert southwest low 90's and breaking records daily , a cool off is in the works as today was in the mid 80's !!!! That is still 15 degrees above the norm for later Nov. Going down to 81 degrees on Saturday and Sunday 77.... LOL

Floyd , I been looking for that info too , went to lunch on Monday with a participant . But didn't hear about the winners as much as all the racer's from my area who went and my friend going a bunch of rounds. I think he my have made a little or broke even, hard to do when your pulling a 4 car trailer be hide a toter and buying 3 drums of alkyl and then spending over $1400 in entry fees...

Have A Great One Everyone...

YESS

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I watched some of it. Some people broke a lot of stuff. Trey Sommers tossed the rods in his '56 on day one. He borrowed Mark Kirbys Grape Ale for the rest of the event.
Craig Dales crashed his dragster pretty bad. He's still in the hospital in Vegas with two broken arms. Supposed to be to be sent home tomorrow.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! I hope your over center day went well. Kinda hard getting back into the swing of things after the holiday, but I'm getting by. Nice stretch of weather for Pittsburgh in late November.

Fern, glad you got to go and have some fun. Carb worked ok? Looking good, saw Michael's pic of you.

Barry, I feel for you on that stuff. Very frustrating for sure.

Nick, that sounds great about now, a little chilly out there tonight.

You all have a good night!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck good to hear from you.... I was wondering if you found a good place to hide....Hahaha

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck. Getting there...
I guess the move will be my weight loss program/workout?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Send the carb Chuck. Not sure if mine worked. Car only varried .005 all day. I am in Baltimore today. Hope everyone is doing good

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Send the carb Chuck. Not sure if mine worked. Car only varried .005 all day. I am in Baltimore today. Hope everyone is doing good

That's crazy talk , moving around Five thou.....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's an Oldsmobile. They work like that.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
If your coming out here to race I think you need to work on the carb, That's only way I'll have a chance.... LOL

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
MYbe

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Afternoon all! I hope you all had a good weekend. It was really nice here for the first weekend in December. Got together with friends each night, wore out some shoe leather during the day.

Barry, find all the positives you can and take asvantage! Big Grin

Nick, glad the swap went well. When is the first race on it?

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all here... weather has cooled down a little lower 70s and by the end of the week should see some high 60s. Lows at night mid to high 40s, this morning when I left truck showed 51...

Barry, how is the new exercise program doing , you getting the move done?

Fern , wish you would come out to Tucson to race and visit. I'm sure you would recognize some of your old haunts , at lest the Lucky Wishbone on Swan....LOL

Mike, how you doing , hope things are on the up swing....Prayers sent....

Camaroracer , that kitchen going to be done for the holidays? How is the job going, you the CEO yet?

Chuck, next race on the 15th of Dec I have to skip as I'll be working ... But the Hangover Nationals here in Tucson Dec. 31st thru Jan 2nd will be my TNT with the new motor....LOL

Floyd , was a little cold this morning in SoCa, you coping all right. How does Woody like the cooler weather?

You all Have A Great Day , Stay off the hard stuff... hahaha

Crazy Driver

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Good Morning to all here... weather has cooled down a little lower 70s and by the end of the week should see some high 60s. Lows at night mid to high 40s, this morning when I left truck showed 51...

Fern , wish you would come out to Tucson to race and visit. I'm sure you would recognize some of your old haunts , at lest the Lucky Wishbone on Swan....LOL

Camaroracer , that kitchen going to be done for the holidays? How is the job going, you the CEO yet?

Chuck, next race on the 15th of Dec I have to skip as I'll be working ... But the Hangover Nationals here in Tucson Dec. 31st thru Jan 2nd will be my TNT with the new motor....LOL

Floyd , was a little cold this morning in SoCa, you coping all right. How does Woody like the cooler weather?

Crazy Driver

Had more fun at my colonoscopy...js...
Pretty much packed here still negotiating well and septic. A real pain in the Azz literally..needs work let’s say and I’m not paying for it so it could fall through and ripple backwards however we are protected going in..it’s good to educate yourself then go in armed with data. Hope it works for us.. engineered septic is not cheap in Ca..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:

Crazy Driver

Had more fun at my colonoscopy...js...
Pretty much packed here still negotiating well and septic. A real pain in the Azz literally..needs work let’s say and I’m not paying for it so it could fall through and ripple backwards however we are protected going in..it’s good to educate yourself then go in armed with data. Hope it works for us.. engineered septic is not cheap in Ca..

Like I hear daily " It's always something"

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern been on a roll--after Piedmont had my last therapy on my neck then went to Baltimore to be with daughter for her chemo treatment. Got my new (used) F150 up to MD, inspected and tagged, done. Came back home and went out past Charlotte, 175mi, to get half a van for my friend in Baltimore. Getting ready to take that up and bring back 2 Smart cars. Got to get the leaves out of the gutters and get new tires mounted on my trailer. Also took a 66 Cutlass to the shredder. Darn shame to scrap these old cars but I am 76 years old and this stuff has got to go. Everyone have a good one. Oh, has anyone heard anything about Kevin Pollards races for next year? Nothing on here except a date??????

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. My son's 1st birthday was yesterday. Love that little man. I was going to get a truck after selling my mustang but going to pay down some debt and then get a nicer truck in the future.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to your little man Camaro,hey gang been overwhelmed as of late lots of ups and downs with my son was hoping to have home before Christmas but not looking like that's going to happen Dss folks are some of the most heartless people I've ever seen his next day in court is Jan.8 hoping and praying he can come home by then.
Got to tell y'all a good one the electric scooter Nicole and Scott spear headed and bought me with help from lots of friends has been a God Send but I'm waiting for the 4th rear end assembly it's still under warranty bless them for getting a warranty they sent someone out the first two times to install on the third one they sent I asked them if I could install to help on costs so after him asking about my mechanical ability and I told him I'm a Old drag racer he said we'll send it to you and you can install so today this would be the fourth one I hated to call but it's still under warranty so he said no problem I'll get another one out to you and after talking about what's been happening he thinks it mite be the offset of the wheels could be the problem he offered me a job lol repairing for other customers lol. Mite as well they're simple it has a weight limit of 330lbs he asked what I weighed I said 250 and he said don't worry about it we'll get it straightened out,what a great company unreal in this day and time for that kind of service.
Well hope you all have a fine weekend and they say we could have some snow tomorrow night and sat. Oh well it is close to winter time y'all have at it see y'all around............ Need for speed.......

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Mike I’m glad one thing is going right for you, wishing you the best on the home... Keep trying to think positive, I know that is hard but it will help in the long run. Prayers sent....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all. what's everyone have planned for the weekend? Looks like I got garage duty , after last weeks motor install being done I need to make my work space as nice as the car. LOL

All my Buddy's are at PRI so I don't have a reason to go out and visit anyone , so I may make some real good progress if the wife doesn't have much for me this week.

Looks like the boss let me take off the Dec 29th to break in the motor and get it dialed in before the Hangover Nationals... How stupid on my part thinking I could do that with only two hits before eliminations on that Saturday ...LOL

You All Have a Great Weekend....

I'll take Chucks Slice of pie, he really doesn't need it...Hahaha