DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Home built engines
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home built engines
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
You're paying $3000 to $4000 to have the engine assembled.

You already know this.

Right

You already know this, you're just a liar, cheat, manipulator.

Damn straight!!

I wouldn't assemble a race engine for $950, unless I sold the parts and machine work.
ANYONE who has actually assembled a race engine KNOWS that isn't enough money to do the job.

Stick to what you know d!ckED, like asking your wife for the checkbook.

That $950 paid for the apprentice to assemble that engine.....just like the super high dollar porting jobs that came out of a well known "Indy" cylinder head shop, done by vocational school co-op students....in an attic of the race shop.
My ex-wife was the best cylinder head assembly person they had.
Office manager / assembler / shipping.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm still on the same brand converter Ed, no need to W H O R E around, not looking for handouts.

Same lifters too.

Your word is worthless.

Let me know when you find one to out perform this. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
You're paying $3000 to $4000 to have the engine assembled.

You already know this.

Right

You already know this, you're just a liar, cheat, manipulator.

Damn straight!!

I wouldn't assemble a race engine for $950, unless I sold the parts and machine work.
ANYONE who has actually assembled a race engine KNOWS that isn't enough money to do the job.

Stick to what you know d!ckED, like asking your wife for the checkbook.

That $950 paid for the apprentice to assemble that engine.....just like the super high dollar porting jobs that came out of a well known "Indy" cylinder head shop, done by vocational school co-op students....in an attic of the race shop.
My ex-wife was the best cylinder head assembly person they had.
Office manager / assembler / shipping.

Ed will never prove it, with a receipt he paid $950.00. It'll be a forgery if he shows evidence, same as his forgery timeslips on his chevelle.

Dudes a low life, lying scum. If I were PAR, I'd have passed on building anything for Ed, guarantee ya that, don't need money that bad.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's coming to a head in this country, Truth, lies and in between.

Won't be long.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Since this thread was obviously started for entertainment purposes, I'll take the bait and offer a meaningful comment:
There are few things in life more satisfying than taking a car that you "have no business staging", (because you built the engine with your own brain, eyes and hands), and trailering a guy who spent more to purchase his engine, then you spent to buy your first house.
Some people will never know that incredible feeling. Wink

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1040 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
This thread was obviously started by a person with a big wallet, big mouth and small .

Posts: 125 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That’s a nice fairy take but it ain’t happening with me/my cars in the venues we race.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
Since this thread was obviously started for entertainment purposes, I'll take the bait and offer a meaningful comment:
There are few things in life more satisfying than taking a car that you "have no business staging", (because you built the engine with your own brain, eyes and hands), and trailering a guy who spent more to purchase his engine, then you spent to buy your first house.
Some people will never know that incredible feeling. Wink

The guy I buy fuel from is a financial advisor, state of the art everything, car, trailer,RV etc etc. He's right down the road from me. When I went down the other day for a drum of fuel, he was building a Pontiac engine for a completely restored 60's GTO. He builds his dragster engines too. I'm fairly certain he's won or runnered up Super Comp in Gainesville. I know for certain he's driven to Pomona a couple times to represent Div 2 in the race for the Super Pro World championship, won it a couple times too.

Very talented guy, he paints all his own cars too, and they look as slick as anything I've seen out there.

I admire a guy like that.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
For the retard, the haters, the losers and the broke dycks here, who slight the vast majority of bracket and class who choose to have professionals build our engines while they brag about assembling their low budget, low power, nothing special engine, let me know when your resume equates this no mind exceeds it

2018 NHRA Division 1 S/C Champion
2019 NHRA Division 1 S/C Jegs Allstar
2019 NHRA Divsion 1 S/C #2
2019 NHRA National Event winner and runner up
2019 NHRA S/C #4 in the world

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019/reading-sc

In the meantime while we wait FOREVER, we and our competitors with engines and transmissions built by PROFESSIONALS will keep doing what we do...winning rounds, races and championships. NahNahTounge

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
In the meantime while we wait FOREVER, we and our competitors with engines and transmissions built by PROFESSIONALS will keep doing what we do...winning rounds, races and championships. NahNahTounge

Yeah, you waited FOREVER last year to pay someone to fix the broken engine in your Firebird. Waited so long you missed the whole season! 3 months!

That’s hilarious. Good job Ed keep up the entertainment!

clapping

Posts: 717 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed wasn't the best in his neighborhood, so he ran off to race NHRA.

Won a race and runnered up, now Ed pretends he's the best in the world.

No Ed, to be the best, ya gotta be the best in your neighborhood, first.

Common sense.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N: Yeah, you waited FOREVER last year to pay someone to fix the broken engine in your Firebird. Waited so long you missed the whole season! 3 months!

clapping

This is why you have nothing to say except hello when you see me, you use and reuse your pathetic bs and lies here rather than wait till I’m standing in front of you.

And my engine breaking
Must have really traumatized you.

FACT...my engine was fixed in 8 weeks and the Firebird did not miss the entire season, competed at both the Maple Grove and VMP NHRA Divisionals.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 183N: Yeah, you waited FOREVER last year to pay someone to fix the broken engine in your Firebird. Waited so long you missed the whole season! 3 months!

clapping

This is why you have nothing to say except hello when you see me, you use and reuse your pathetic bs and lies here rather than wait till I’m standing in front of you.

FACT...my engine was fixed in 8 weeks and the Firebird did not miss the entire season, competed at both the Maple Grove and VMP.

You’re right I do say hi when I see you, because I’m not a dyck and it’s also fun picking on the biggest toolbag here.

I’ll be sure to have a longer conversation with you next time I see you since that is what you seem to desire.

Congratulations on taking months to pay a professional to fix a broken engine. Again, stellar performance. The self proclaimed high level racer with a deep wallet doesn’t even have a spare nor the ability to fix his broken shyt for months. What a joke.

Keep up the great work! clapping

Posts: 717 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There will be no conversation

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed, I know you've said you design cams. How does this one sound to you for a no prep 3,300 lb Nova 540 BBC, 4.30 gear, 6800 converter shifted 7500 n/a? Small tire Smile

BP BB2XTRA heads

825-810
286-300
113 ls

Laughing Hard

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
For the retard, the haters, the losers and the broke dycks here, who slight the vast majority of bracket and class who choose to have professionals build our engines while they brag about assembling their low budget, low power, nothing special engine, let me know when your resume equates this no mind exceeds it

2018 NHRA Division 1 S/C Champion
2019 NHRA Division 1 S/C Jegs Allstar
2019 NHRA Divsion 1 S/C #2
2019 NHRA National Event winner and runner up
2019 NHRA S/C #4 in the world

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019/reading-sc

Ed, I have no gripe with you. And I certainly have never slighted anyone who has their engines professionally built, (I have no reason to), nor have I ever bragged about any of the engines I've built.
But since you are taking shots at folks who do build their own, and we are obviously in an Entertainment thread, I am curious if all of those listed accomplishments are your son's, or yours, or both?

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1040 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Jim I have no gripe with you either but you know the answer to your question so why ask? That said, my son is one if the best young drivers in the country and his accomplishments over just a few seasons competing in the NHRA tour proves that but none of it happens without the engine, transmission, carb and car built by professionals and paid for by me.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
That said, my son is one if the best young drivers in the country and his accomplishments over just a few seasons competing in the NHRA tour proves

i seen it with my own eyes...he is good!!

and just for the record 183N wife is a way better driver Razz

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
There will be no conversation

Awwww now who’s the one that doesn’t want to talk. Guess I hurt your feelings talking all the TRUTH and FACTS about your broken stuff and missing a season of racing Big Grin

Don’t worry, I’ll still say hi. Maybe I’ll even yell “Hey Man Boobs!” Across the staging lanes Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Why is Ed so angry?

He chose to be a weak drag racer, by his own free will.

Nobody minded, but Ed minds some of us took a different path, why Ed? Why so angry?