DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Home built engines
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home built engines
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
As far as drag racers go, Garlits was, is, and will always be the standard of which all others are measured.

Drag racing is drag racing, the same performance fundamentals apply.

When I sit down to watch a drag race, I'm looking for the next Garlits, not the next oil sheik with money to burn. There's nothing to be learned from him.

lol the standard for nitro maybe, but John Force might disagree... Garlits isn't nor has he ever been a bracket racer. And certainly isn't the standard for bracket racers.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY! As usual RacerVX54...KNOWS!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I spent $950 to have my engine assembled by a PROFESSIONAL

For another $50 you could hire a competent driver.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Weak!

Over 4000 views in 48 hours. None can resist clicking on my threads even those lying claiming they can’t see them and bruised egos are always good for more views and replies. Laughing very hard

The puppet master reigns supreme! NahNahTounge

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^ Ed looking for a way out of admitting he's a know nothing poser.

Ed, you ain't even the best in your neighborhood, no matter how much $$$ you spend.

Me, I am by my own two hands.

Everything you'll ever accomplish, has already been done.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure Jason Line won the 1993 Stock Eliminator World Championship with a "home built engine".
As the years when on,he became a professional.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ok the after dinner crowd is coming in now. Laughing Hard

You’re reaching. A few here will try anything to try and prove me wrong. Go back a read what I said, I never stated stock, super stock and comp. besides, Line family have been engine builders for a very long time.

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Go to bed Ed. It's almost 9pm your time.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Weak!

Over 4000 views in 48 hours. None can resist clicking on my threads even those lying claiming they can’t see them and bruised egos are always good for more views and replies. Laughing very hard

That was your goal? Really? That car would be pretty fast if you worked as hard on it as you do on the keyboard. Not impressed.

See ya....

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Weak!

That was your goal? Really? That car would be pretty fast if you worked as hard on it as you do on the keyboard. Not impressed.

See ya....

Store bought cookie cutter junk anyone with a Visa can own.

I've never had a "professional" built engine, and I've never had to borrow an engine for an entire season to fail to qualify for the Division Finals.... NahNahTounge

I've never had to raise a real driver to get any success either..... NahNahTounge

HMMMM Laughing very hard

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, I'm tall enough for all the rides. NahNahTounge

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Do not feed the trolls. ;^)

Posts: 327 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
We got a wanna be class racer telling a bunch of bracket racers they are inferior if they assemble their own engines. SMDH

I didn't get into bracket racing to buy everything. I like working on and building my own junk. Engine, trans, rear, hell, I'm even hanging quarters and doing body work on it now.
-Will it be perfect, probably not.
-Will it be good enough for me, you betcha.

Some of us like working on cars, some like to pay others to do the work for them.

You do you and I'll do me.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hardly a wannabe. Meanwhile you’re Another broke dyck trying to justify the fact that he can’t afford $950

You're paying $3000 to $4000 to have the engine assembled.

You already know this.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You're paying $3000 to $4000 to have the engine assembled.

You already know this.

Right

You already know this, you're just a liar, cheat, manipulator.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong again

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Prove it, nobody can believe a word you say.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I can prove everything I state, ain’t skeered, don’t lie like you. Spitting

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Everyone is waiting to see if Ed is lying again.