DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Home built engines
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home built engines
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got the quickest & fastest out of the box Brodix Track 1 23 cylinder head sbc, 3200 lbs on a 10 x 28 bias tire in the world.

You ain't even got the fastest PAR ELITE 20 engine in the world.

My engine builder did mine free, no charge. Me, in house. Transmission too.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
If you can swing it, fine. If you have the skills, even better. I would'nt slight anyone for having thier own engine assembled by themselves. I know I dont have that ability.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The Kingdom, and the Power and the Glory forever.

All anyone needs, Faith

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling ed on this one.after working 14 hours a day 6 days a week I have limited time to build everything in my car. 950.00 for a full time pro is peace of mind for me.although before my death I would like to build one engine just to say I did

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:

I didn't get into bracket racing to buy everything. I like working on and building my own junk. Engine, trans, rear, hell, I'm even hanging quarters and doing body work on it now.
-Will it be perfect, probably not.
-Will it be good enough for me, you betcha.

Some of us like working on cars, some like to pay others to do the work for them.

You do you and I'll do me.

Well said in the nature of a historically traditional drag racer! The satisfaction of creating it yourself cannot be matched in motorsports IMO. Well done.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6411 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I can prove everything I state, ain’t skeered, don’t lie like you. Spitting

Prove I drive a Nova like you claim

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Too bad this guy can't hire someone to throw TD passes for him.

He gotta do it with his own two hands

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KWig:
If you can swing it, fine. If you have the skills, even better. I would'nt slight anyone for having thier own engine assembled by themselves. I know I dont have that ability.

You missed the entire point of this thread. It’s not about slighting those that assemble their engines at home, it’s about the few here that slight those/me and the vast majority of bracket and class racers that choose to have professionals build their engines, their transmissions, their carbs and their race cars.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
if you can't afford $950 to have a PROFESSIONAL race engine builder assemble your junk, you've got no business staging your car!

Ed's not slighting the working man, who prefers to do his own work, with his own two hands.

Nah, Ed would never do that just because he can't.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
A wannabe.

2020 NHRA Division 1 S/C first round runner up 4 out of 6 races

2020 NHRA Division 1 S/ST no show, broken rod all season and no ability to fix it

We will keep doing what we do while you continue to fix your junk.

Fixed that for you. Just like you spent all last season fixing your broken junk. Some serious racer with no spare Big Grin

With Ed’s track record of blowing up engines and no ability to fix them, he’s the last person that should be giving engine advice!

Posts: 716 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Too bad this guy couldn't hire someone to make tackles for him.

Then claim it's all about having money to pay someone else to do the work.

"Everything is about money"

That's a W h o r es philosophy towards life.

A W H O R E or a crackhead.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed has no ability, no courage to lay someone out on the field of battle, with his own two hands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Trophy
Picture of the rain maker
posted Hide Post
Ok I'll admit it, I do my own engine "assembly" not because I can't afford to have it done but because I'm cheap. Big Grin I also run "welfare fuel"(E85) so what did you expect? LOL! $950 is dang near 1/2 my engine budget.. Big Grin

David Hammons
2014 IHRA Electronics Champion Gulfport Dragway
2016, 2018 IHRA Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
2018, 2019 1000' Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway

Posts: 73 | Location: gulfport ms | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
If you are trying to compare Ed to Brady, then you are failing miserably, when Brady is one of the BEST to ever play the game. Whether you like Brady or not, you cannot argue with results. And with that being said, Ed and his boy do have good results so.....

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
If you are trying to compare Ed to Brady, then you are failing miserably, when Brady is one of the BEST to ever play the game. Whether you like Brady or not, you cannot argue with results. And with that being said, Ed and his boy do have good results so.....

Ed has no ability, nor courage to lay someone out on the field of battle, with his own two hands.

Ed is a know nothing poser. With Hot Rod magazine tech at best, to bring to the table.

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by KWig:

You missed the entire point of this thread. It’s not about slighting those that assemble their engines at home, it’s about the few here that slight those/me and the vast majority of bracket and class racers that choose to have professionals build their engines, their transmissions, their carbs and their race cars.

I think you have a post on this thread that if you can't have an engine assembled for $950 you shouldn't stage your car.

Posts: 1463 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
if you can't afford $950 to have a PROFESSIONAL race engine builder assemble your junk, you've got no business staging your car!

Posts: 1463 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Get the quote right! Didn't think of that

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Besides being an idiot, retard rietow is a latent homosexual who clearly thinks about taking it in the arse daily from anyone.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Remember when Ed said on a loop ATI converters were the best LOL!

Ed will say or do anything for money. "Everything is about money"

That's a crackhead or a W H O R E S philosophy.

Ya can't trust anything this guys says, his principles are a costume he puts on.

Ed would take it in the arse from a nobody track official, without a peep. We know this is fact already.

W H O R E S and crackheads will do anything to stay in business, then claim it as the smart thing to do.