quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1320racer:
on tap for this weekend...swapping trans, converter and tires[/
Was .025 slower in 60 foot and .05 slower to 1000’ with the trans and converter swap despite the new converter flashing only 150 rpm less.

C1550 is at least as good as the BR3 it replaced.

Racing rained out for today. Testing will resume on 5/16

What brand converter? Any idea on what stator is in converter?

It's a BTE, which is a lot like a TCI or a PTC. A TCI is a fast torque converter, the same as a BTE and a PTC, are fast torque converters.

Not usually in BRACKET trim. Just my opinion tho. IMHO one of the fastest, best BRACKET converter out there is an FTI 93B.
DING DING DING...We have a winner...

You ain't discussing torque converters, if you're discussing brands and part numbers.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm Back The BTE 10” Toyota core that we have been using from day 1 with the dragster has been a deadly consistent and reliable piece that works just as well on the stop, same converter used by many including Luke Bogacki and Todd Bones Ewing to name two.

That said Mikey again is taking out of his azz about things he don’t have a clue. He has never owned a dragster no mind one that runs 192 mph.

Abruzzi’s 04WAT is another that popular in use on dragsters making 1200+HP.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Poor Ed, so green he doesn't even understand converter performance fundamentals apply at any speed.

His speech and approach reeks of inexperience.

Ed's experience lives vicariously through Bones and Luke Bugaki.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Says our clueless idiot^^^

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Let me know when you find another which can make this statement n/a sbc 3200 lbs on a 10.5 x 28 bias slick.

Of all the engine builders, converter builders, performance shops, surely there's one... But there's not.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This ain’t about your POS with triple chrome plated bumpers, this is about 20 degree headed engines in fast dragsters.

Further, You’ve been told before, there’s many others, one of which is the ‘69 Green Camaro I posted and he did it off the footbrake with a 10” converter and 4150 carb and my former 3880 lb. Chevelle has been 1.28 also off the foot brake and with a 4150 carb!NahNahTounge

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
This ain’t about your POS with triple chrome plated bumpers, this is about 20 degree header engines in fast dragsters.

Further, You’ve been told before, there’s many others, one of which is the ‘69 Green Camaro I posted and he did it off the footbrake with a 10” converter and 4150 carb and my former 3880 lb. Chevelle has been 1.28 also off the foot brake and with a 4150 carb!

Yeah sure Ed, you photo chopped a time slip. Post it again for everyone to see what a pathetic cheat you are. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong idiot Spitting

It’s real and was witnessed by many. NahNahTounge

Now STFU, you haven’t got a clue about the discussion here.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Are we expected to believe Piedmont provides you with a different E for your car number on time slips?

You're as big a hack as CNN fake news and Bradenton combined. Smile

Post it again for everyone to see the level your pathetic nature.

Here's a portion.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^looks legit to me^^^^^

ep-

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
if 1290 would put the rm shear spacer and this so called rare 9in converter on the dragster he could run top fuel this weekend at atlanta.

ep-

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
^^^^^^^looks legit to me^^^^^

ep-

Piedmont gives Ed a special E for his number.

Different from every other E on the time slip.

Yeah, sure.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Stop

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
The CVC "JMBX" is nifty torque converter. Its a 12" but gets super loose with power.

Edit
I forgot to say that you will need to put a sonnax zip kit in it to get FULL lock up

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 705 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
The CVC "JMBX" is nifty torque converter. Its a 12" but gets super loose with power.

Edit
I forgot to say that you will need to put a sonnax zip kit in it to get FULL lock up

"Modern day B&M 20608 monkey see monkey do converter" triggered you LOL!!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Ill show you triggered. Most people commenting on this thread know how to make a bracket dragster fast. You dont. Tho your "theories" are great, what you say when it comes to dragsters is WRONG. You may know how to make a slow box car run and work, you are not correct on dragsters. Have a good day!!!

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 705 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ill show you triggered. Most people commenting on this thread know how to make a bracket dragster fast. You dont. Tho your "theories" are great, what you say when it comes to dragsters is WRONG. You may know how to make a slow box car run and work, you are not correct on dragsters. Have a good day!!!

Translated ...In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is the King

Tell me this, if everyone is using the same modern day B&M 20608 monkey see monkey do converter to haul ass, is that "knowing how to make bracket dragster fast" or memorizing a part # ?

Sounds to me like an approach someone who doesn't know performance fundamentals, would take. "A theory"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
No sir, i have 15 years of experience running a 450 dragster. I have swung enough converters in my stuff and customers 450 and faster dragsters to know what works. With that being said, i have seen NUMEROUS times that the converter i mentioned works well in these kind of cars.

Jeremiah Hall

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
No sir, i have 15 years of experience running a 450 dragster. I have swung enough converters in my stuff and customers 450 and faster dragsters to know what works. With that being said, i have seen NUMEROUS times that the converter i mentioned works well in these kind of cars.

Jeremiah, why do you bother arguing with this mentally deranged idiot? Your way smarter then that

Posts: 2423 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Well with my trans specialties converter that is identical to an fti 93b, My car goes 4.48 @ 153 and 7.08 at 186 and has 5-6% slip. That is with an engine that only SHOULD make 1140 hp. So what dumb ass comment you have now?

Jeremiah Hall