Find
Notify
Tools

10 years since
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
4.30s for sure later this year.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320racer How did I miss this? Great job as this with the new combo. and 2 wins this year for you and your son.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
thanks

Next stop is here

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320racer great race there at Atco and named after a great guy. Had alot of good laughs with Happy Hairy. Would love to go there but was at Quacker city this last weekend and be at 42 weekend of the 25th for the Ohio ACE and then the 50 grand at Mid Mich weekend after that. Takes my old ass a couple 2-3 days to rest back up. Trying to space the wifes 6 weeks off spread out so we can hit the races down south in the fall. If weather is good and you go good luck, be safe.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Update...

As to on track performance to date of my PAR 20 degree headed 648 in S/C mode...

Using an electric Stinnett/#1 Stop and with my current timer(s) and jetting setup we are varying less than 100RPM on the stop and running 42+ MPH from the 1/8th mile to the finish line.

Comparing our performance to the other 5 cars running 185+ MPH in the division...

we have one running 51 MPH on the back half, one running 44, one running 42, one at 41 and one at 40 MPH.

Earlier this season with different numbers in the timer(s) and different jetting, we were varying over 200RPM on the stop and running 43+MPH from the 1/8th mile to the finish line.

Most S/C cars in the country run 35-40 MPH on the back half.

Meanwhile, 43,000+ views about a cast aluminum BBC head dubbed the "game changer" by the late Tracy Dennis 10 years ago when he announced the SR20 head here at Tech Talk. clapping

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
would it be possible to get names with the mph gains. 51 is pretty stout

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Lee Ream

and to put that into perspective the back half MPH of the 3 fastest S/C cars in the country are...

Steve Williams running 50 mph

Billy Torrence running 46 mph

Gary Stinnett running 45 mph

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just looked it up and that is pretty stout

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
of those 3 names you put up there are any of them on a 20 degree motor?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No, all spread ports. Stinnett and Torrence run Dart 11 degree and Williams Brodix PB5000

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
No, all spread ports. Stinnett and Torrence run Dart 11 degree and Williams Brodix PB5000
That you was hell bent on getting….good job though…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Wanted/needed the weight savings so that’s why I went conventional rather than spread port with my heavy car. Next car/new car will be built for big speed, all carbon, light weight and will have a spread port engine.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
With the current short fields in TD, especially on the east coast you ought to just take the stop off and run TD. Once you qualify its just a bracket race and anyone can win. If you go over 200mph then you need to add a chute, other than that you should be good

Posts: 2425 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
At Numidia we would have qualified 16/17.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Exactly, except for Indy most all fields are short. Wally and payout the same and a whole lot less rounds then SC

Posts: 2425 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
and they get treated better at Divisionals…usually designated parking, specifically/scheduled qualifying times and in some cases, part of the Saturday night show.

I’m with you but Kyle isn’t there yet, likes racing S/C

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
When you get the new car built just make sure there is enough room for a front mounted race drive in the future, and duel chutes too Big Grin

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
New car will be no shorter than my current at 248”. It will also be built to accommodate a procharger engine with front mounted air horn/intake behind the blow shield.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320racer, the Diamond Race car shop that I do some work for has been running their house car for a few years now with a pro charger set up. Dan Davies is the owner and he drives this car. The build was a few years back and its off to the side. This thing knocks off 4.20s like nothing and stays stuck. I do not believe he is putting much boost to it as we have talked about it and the number escapes my brain at the moment. Maybe at the time of that build it wasn't available for the charger in front of the motor. I do not know. However I do know that from what I have seen they run the heck out of that car and park it and run it again the next week and seems like its not much maintenance. I do not know where he would get the time anyway as their are swamped with customer builds. An inline set up (direct)as you are talking sounds like the ticket. Danny Nelson was telling me his T/D would go low 6.teen something 1/4 in high gear only. Geessh. Way easier on parts than a roots style blower. That guy looking for a Super Comp car needs to look at your car as its all set up and also will run Top dragster also. Buying your car will save him alot of time and trial and error. And also be one of the bigger MPH cars in the feild.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Another win tonight with our PAR 20 degree headed 648.

Thanks to...

Numidia Dragway
KB Trailer Sales
BTE Racing
ATM Innovations
Hoosier Racing Tire
Insinger Performance
Sunoco Race Fuels
K&N filters
Lucas oil
Todds Extreme Paint
Behrents speed shop
Undercover Motorsports