New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 years since
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
swappjng to a bolt together that should be 150-200 tighter. Trans swap going to a two piece case, full rollerize with an aluminum valve body and swapping from Hoosier's BR3 to the C1550 which weigh 1 lb. more each otherwise the specs are the same except for compound.

After all this it will probably run slower. Shake head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
swappjng to a bolt together that should be 150-200 tighter. Trans swap going to a two piece case, full rollerize with an aluminum valve body and swapping from Hoosier's BR3 to the C1550 which weigh 1 lb. more each otherwise the specs are the same except for compound.

After all this it will probably run slower. Shake head

How much lighter you think the converter is? What rpm did motor make Peak torque and hp on the dyno?

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the converter weighs exactly the same as the one it's replacing.

from 7300-7500 HP varies 5 and from 5700-6400 torque varies 6 ft/lbs.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
4.10 gear is on the way.

Gotta burn some fuel first, looking for a tire that'll grow more, and a stator that'll achieve close to zero slip.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
if you only had a clue! Now hurry along mikey not interested in your critique until YOU have a dragster that can run with mine!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
the converter weighs exactly the same as the one it's replacing.

from 7300-7500 HP varies 5 and from 5700-6400 torque varies 6 ft/lbs.

Keep us posted, good real world data on this thread

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I will, more to come Be Right Back

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of a tire which measures 106 roll on the starting line, but measures 116 rollout at the stripe? Smile

Ed needs a set, so he can cross at 7600 rpm in conjunction with a converter with the capacity to slip 3%, 7600 rpm.

How much fuel will Ed burn, before it dawns on him, it won't happen? Confused

Ring ring ring... Hy is this JEGS.... Yes it is.... Hi this is Ed, send me a 4.10 ring and pinion for a 9" Ford..... Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong AGAIN! BlahBlah

Fucing clueless idiot that ain’t got shyt, ain’t built shyt and ain’t done shyt worth talking about that thinks he knows using an online calculator.

Tell us, what RPM am I crossing at now and how much my converter is slipping at the stripe or STFU!

You can't because you don't have a clue. Laughing very hard

More real world data about my car, my combo coming later this weekend. Be Right Back

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed's been blowing up all the online converter slip calculators.

I don't use a online calculator Ed, I know the equation,by heart. It's not perfect, but it's darn close.

Ya ain't doing nothing impressive anyway, I ran Lynch on the ladder at Immoklee winter race way back in 2008. He was dial'd 4.36 n/a.

Yours shyt's a turd anyway.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Let me know when you find a sbc all steel Nova 3200 lbs on a 10 x28 to dip in the 5's n/a Brodix or AfR cylinder heads.

You won't find one.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Ill say it again, slip isnt what people think it is. 0% slip at the stripe is NOT always the fastest down the track, especially naturally aspirated, and especially in a bracket style car.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 710 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Ill say it again, slip isnt what people think it is. 0% slip at the stripe is NOT always the fastest down the track, especially naturally aspirated, and especially in a bracket style car.

Nobody has made a case for less slip is better. The case we are discussing however, is pertaining to the latent potential for rpm.

In the case were are discussing, Ed's 648 cubic inch engine, the limiting factor for rpm is piston speed, or more specifically the expectation of windowing the block, if tolerances by its owner for piston speed, aren't low.

They're trying to find away around changing the gear. The only successful path is a converter with the capacity to slip 0%, coupled to a tire that measures 116 rollout at the stripe, or in other words 7600 rpm's.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
There isnt any problem with where Ed is turning that engine. ANd what Ed will prolly find is that a converter that is a little tighter wont be faster, unless he is in mine shaft air. The only time i have seen a looser converter be slower is when the converter was just wrong to begin with.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 710 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey lets all compare things in 2021 to things that happened in 2008!

Posts: 291 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
There isnt any problem with where Ed is turning that engine. ANd what Ed will prolly find is that a converter that is a little tighter wont be faster, unless he is in mine shaft air. The only time i have seen a looser converter be slower is when the converter was just wrong to begin with.

Fair enough, how many rpm's are tolerable? 7700? 7800? 8000? 8200? 8400?

This isn't pro mod, I'm fairly certain he hasn't got six of em in the trailer, lined up. Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
There is one thing Ed does comprehend about drag racing, it's also the only reason this car has a 4.29 gear in it.

All the big gains are made early in the run. Which also translates, they're lost there. Smile

It could also be Ed is lying, he's been know to do that quite often. It could be that the car is getting a 4.10 gear and a bolt together, in order to find a stator which will replace the added torque multiplication at the back tire, of the 4.29 gear, with additional torque multiplication below stall. So that the 60ft doesn't slow up substantially due to the 4.10 gear change. But now we're getting into things Ed doesn't comprehend, so I'm sure BTE is walking Ed through this, if indeed it is the case.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pretty interesting I think. The most interesting thing about drag racing, is drag racing.

Do as much of it while ya can, there's a Lefty boot trying stomp out Americana.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
i agree

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1523 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly, I had my setup at0% at one time and didn’t gain anything....even had driveshaft pass the engine, gained nothing

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1523 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post