Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Great minds discuss ideas

Average minds discuss events

Below average minds discuss people.

Believe or not, you aren't the topic of this post, your compliance to BS from officials is, your cowardice, your natural tendency to not stand up for what's right. Smile

DOH !! Looks like you're discussing other people....That means you have a below average mind..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
on tap for this weekend...swapping trans, converter and tires

Update...

Was .025 slower in 60 foot and .05 slower to 1000’ with the trans and converter swap despite the new converter flashing only 150 rpm less.

C1550 is at least as good as the BR3 it replaced.

Racing rained out for today. Testing will resume on 5/16

What brand converter? Any idea on what stator is in converter?

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Five hundredths is a lot to slow down, which means 5 hundredths is a lot to speed up.

I could speed it up 5 hundredths easy.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
quote:
quote:

Update...

Was .025 slower in 60 foot and .05 slower to 1000’ with the trans and converter swap despite the new converter flashing only 150 rpm less.

It's a BTE, which is a lot like a TCI or a PTC. A TCI is a fast torque converter, the same as a BTE and a PTC, are fast torque converters.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Update...

It's a BTE, which is a lot like a TCI or a PTC. A TCI is a fast torque converter, the same as a BTE and a PTC, are fast torque converters.

Not usually in BRACKET trim. Just my opinion tho. IMHO one of the fastest, best BRACKET converter out there is an FTI 93B.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Update...

Not usually in BRACKET trim. Just my opinion tho. IMHO one of the fastest, best BRACKET converter out there is an FTI 93B.

That would be interesting if all parties laid it on the line and dropped a 93B in it, right in the middle of having tried two BTE converters. I ran Lynch on the ladder at Imokolee winter race way back in 2008, he was dial'd 4.36 n/a, I'll just about guarantee he had a BTE, they're fast trust me. Same as a TCI and a PTC.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Update...

That would be interesting if all parties laid it on the line and dropped a 93B in it, right in the middle of having tried two BTE converters. I ran Lynch on the ladder at Imokolee winter race way back in 2008, he was dial'd 4.36 n/a, I'll just about guarantee he had a BTE, they're fast trust me. Same as a TCI and a PTC.

That was 13 years ago.......

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Update...

That was 13 years ago.......

True, I'm not a BTE, PTC or TCI guy.

I'm being impartial. Impartial is rational.

If I was being irrational, I'd say Ed would go faster with the brand converter I run, while disregarding BTE's experience, which I know a little about.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Every converter I send to BTE for a freshen-up,reguardless of brand,comes back more aggressive on the bottom end (60 ft)than it had been......

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1800gb:
Every converter I send to BTE for a freshen-up,reguardless of brand,comes back more aggressive on the bottom end (60 ft)than it had been......

Below stall depending how efficient the stator, the converter can multiply torque anywhere from 2 to 2.5 times the torque of the engine, at any rpm below stall.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I made one hit with this PTC converter with my 5.90 setup. When it left I thought the windshield of my Nova broke, it hit so hard.

It's definitely on the high side of the scale, for torque multiplication, below stall. Not what you want for bracket racing, but it was built specifically for a heavy car running on a 400 Pro Tree.

Ed needs a 35" diameter tire that measures 37 at the stripe, converter slipping 2% 4.29 gear, it'll cross 7600 rpm at 191 mph. That's only 18% tire growth, I've heard guys claim they've seen 20% with big Hoosiers.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1320racer:
on tap for this weekend...swapping trans, converter and tires[/

DING DING DING...We have a winner...

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is that the modern day B&M 20608 monkey see monkey do converter? Confused

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually THE BEST bracket converter made today is ANYTHING by G.E.R.

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
b&m is good, but the problem is you have to use their trick sheeet trans fluid for proper operation.

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is this your best answer? Confused

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Actually my 3rd choice would be Dynamic

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is this your best answer? Confused
quote:

Actually my 3rd choice would be Dynamic

If I had a dragster I was looking to make a statement in performance with n/a Super Pro bracket racing, I wouldn't be looking for a brand, I'd be looking for a specific converter core.

It would be a 9" Cortina core. I'd be looking for Paul Yerger to do it up for me spragless.

I had one I kept around for years, just in case I recently sold for $1500. It was worth twice that.

9" Cortina core is the absolute best converter core, configured anywhere from 950hp to 1500hp period. Problem is, they're rare.

True 9" converter too.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Continental makes a decent converter as well.

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
CVC is good too

Jeremiah Hall