New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 years since
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Strassweg’s new Oakley 648” 20 degree engine went 4.350 at 159.91 in the first outing. 8.90 @ 190 at 1800’ DA and 1835#.

Looks like it’s quicker than Ed’s! Even if it is a touch lighter, 8 hundredths and over 3 mph faster at the 1/8 is a lot!

Good Morning

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
She’s got a good running piece, Phil Oakley also builds a good engine but until we are on the same track, the same day, it’s just numbers and if her car is 1835 then mine is 1900. On driver weight alone, her car is at least 50 lbs. lighter then we can debate how much lighter her carbon car is. Beechbend is also 500 feet lower elevation.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nah, 8 hundredths and 3+ mph to the 1/8 is just a faster car, even if it is 50-60 pounds lighter. Besides if you’re 1900 with an aluminum block and 200 pound driver you need to take some weight off that thing.

What part of the truth and facts don’t you like?

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Talk about what you know, not what you think you know. Fact is on my scales her car is sub 1800 lbs.

Again, we will know later this season when we are both on the same track. If I just wanted a fast time slip, I’d go to Atco or Cecil where we will run at least 2 mph faster than we did at Numidia which also had a head wind that weekend.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yeah I’m sure your scales read so wrong. Best scales money can buy and they read 35+ pounds off Roll Eyes

Either their engine makes more power or they have a better tuneup, converter and rear gear in it because they know how to tune.

Which do you think it is?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I think you’re an idiot that doesn’t have a clue

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Typical Ed, turn to personal insults when you have nothing of substance to reply.

Truth and facts are their car is faster and you’ll grasp for any reason to say it isn’t. But 8 hundredths and 3+ mph to the 1/8 is a lot of horsepower either missing or not getting to the track. Either their engine or tune up is better.

But by all means, carry on thinking you’re the best! clapping BlahBlah Laughing Hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
2 Chronicles 7:14 - if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

I'm gonna pray for Ed and his ilk. It's the bare minimum.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
Truth and facts are their car is faster and you’ll grasp for any reason to say it isn’t. But 8 hundredths and 3+ mph to the 1/8 is a lot of horsepower

The TRUTH and the FACTS are they have a time slip from their car last weekend at Brechbend that shows it ran quicker and faster than my car 2 weeks ago at Numidia Dragway but NOT by 8 hundredths and 3+ mph to the 1/8, rather .037 and 2.36 mph to the 1/8 and good for them, I don’t care but obviously you do.

The Truth and FACTS continue with that car being 50-60 lbs. lighter in driver weight alone not including the carbon panels and the Fact that beechbend’s elevation is 446.2 feet above sea level and Numidia’s is 951.4 feet, a difference of 505.2 feet that without question plays a factor in these time slips as do the undisclosed weather stats for the day.

That said, you have demonstrated great interest in my racing program though your posts here, desperate to know every detail about what we do, when we do it, what we run, what we hurt, when we lose and report it here, yet you have not shown equal interest in when we WIN rounds, races and championships, we can only imagine because that is not something you are familiar with in your own program being a regular first round runner up in super comp going on 8 years.

Perhaps I can help you and therefore help your program by offering you a position on my Team. Keep in mind this is an unpaid position, consider it an internship and travel as well some physical work is required in less than ideal conditions and many times under the gun of limited time but you will be right there in the middle of the action as it unfolds and more important is the education and knowledge you will gain watching a championship caliber team in action is invaluable and PRICELESS. Now regrettably, I don’t have an opening on my Team for a social media blogger but I do for a wheel and tire shiner. Previous experience not required and being clueless is perfect which fits you and having seen you in
Person, you could surely use the workout. So the position is yours and starts in 3 weeks at the Maple Grove NHRA Divisional. Be on time, dressed appropriately and ready to work. See you there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Laughing very hard

I guess you need a math lesson too. Your posted time slip shows 4.429 at 156.81. Then you made changes and it went even slower, great job there. They went 4.350 at 159.91. 4.43-4.35 is 8 hundredths or .079 if you want to be exact, and the difference in MPH is over 3. That is, unless you didn’t post your fastest run of that day which is impossible Big Grin. Again, 8 hundredths and 3 mph is a lot of horsepower missing or not getting to the track. Maybe you should work on your stuff more instead of pounding away on the keyboard all day. Big Grin

Trust me, I’m not at all interested in your racing program or “learning” from you. It’s just fun to pick on you since you’re so convinced you know everything but you’re wrong! I couldn’t care less about your one lucky year. Your results from last year show that was a fluke. Truth and facts are your fellow racers think you’re a joke, and you’ve never done anything behind the wheel.

Thanks for the offer of wheel polisher. But, that’s the only work I’ve ever seen you do at the track so I wouldn’t want to take your job. You need people to come help you change a water pump and find simple electrical issues. Hilarious.

And if anyone needs a workout, it’s not me. If anything you need a workout for your chest area, but I don’t know if they have exercises targeted for reducing man boobs! That might take surgery. Hey, you say you have enough money, how about doing something to take care of the moobs?

Shake head Power Tool Laughing very hard

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You need a math lesson cause it was 2 lucky years and you’re pathetic, a loser and a joke in super comp. you will NEVER win S/C at a divisional no mind a national event, no mind a division championship, no mind finishing top 4 in the world. Keep watching us, more wins and championships are coming. NahNahTounge

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

it was 2 lucky years

Finally admitted it was all luck! clapping

And nobody cares about your lucky year or 2. Like you always say, this is BRACKET TALK, not class racer talk. You have no accomplishments BRACKET RACING, what this site is all about.

As for me, I’m a bracket racer, not a super comp racer. I can race for $1500 or $2000 every weekend without towing around the division. You spent a lot of wasted time and money towing around one car to lose first round 4 out of 6 races last year while the other one sat broken. Your car won 5 total rounds in SC last season. Many of us did that in one race alone, including both of my cars Big Grin

Great results. Keep on providing quality entertainment for the rest of us. Laughing very hard Spitting

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You stay at your duck pond because it’s the only place you can get past first round on occasion. FYI, I have more Wallys I won and more big checks of at least $5,000 then you. NahNahTounge again you’re a pathetic nobody that thinks he knows.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
You stay at your duck pond because it’s the only place you can get past first round on occasion. FYI, I have more Wallys I won and more big checks of at least $5,000 then you. NahNahTounge again you’re a pathetic nobody that thinks he knows.

On more than one occasion I won more rounds on one day than your junk did in an ENTIRE YEAR! An ENTIRE SEASON of racing! That’s funny!

And, it’s no duck pond. With over 70 entries in points last year and most races having over 64 cars (7 round races) it is the most competitive racing in division 1 on a weekly basis.

But you go on thinking you’re the best with your broken engine in one car and 5 round wins in the other car over an entire season!

clapping

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragstersForSale.com
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, and not to whiz in anyone's cherrios, it's a big frame rail, aluminum bodied 2015 American with doubled up pre-preg carbon panels inside from the seat to the foot box in addition to the exterior aluminum panels. It's not a carbon body. I spent time getting weight out of the car where it was easy to. Battery, better wing, etc. The weight on my scales was within 5# of the scales at the track, 1830#. Without incurring the wrath of a woman who has had her body weight revealed LOL, I can tell you my kiddo isn't a svelte 20 year old bikini model. But she's not a powerlifter either. Therefore I will respectfully refrain from letting you all know what the car weighed less driver and equipment. Big Grin

Carry on gents!

JB Strassweg
Info@DragstersForSale.com
812-434-2203

www.DragstersForSale.com

Posts: 1212 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragstersForSale.com:
For what it's worth, and not to whiz in anyone's cherrios, it's a big frame rail, aluminum bodied 2015 American with doubled up pre-preg carbon panels inside from the seat to the foot box in addition to the exterior aluminum panels. It's not a carbon body. I spent time getting weight out of the car where it was easy to. Battery, better wing, etc. The weight on my scales was within 5# of the scales at the track, 1830#. Without incurring the wrath of a woman who has had her body weight revealed LOL, I can tell you my kiddo isn't a svelte 20 year old bikini model. But she's not a powerlifter either. Therefore I will respectfully refrain from letting you all know what the car weighed less driver and equipment. Big Grin

Carry on gents!

Truth and Facts

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes and the facts and the truth is either his scales are reading heavy or mine are reading light but one thing is for certain, no way my car is only 30 lbs. heavier with a 205 lb. driver and no carbon except for the scoop. Perhaps my car is 1900 lbs. as I said it would be with this engine months ago in this thread. It was 2005 lbs. on NED’s scale last year.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
BlahBlah

Scales are wrong. That’s hilarious. You have the best of everything money can buy and you expect us to believe your scales read wrong bu 30+ pounds. JB has 2 readings, 1830 and 1835 pounds, so his weight isn’t wrong.

His engine makes more power or the tuner knows how to put it down better. Truth and facts, like it or not. Laughing Hard

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again, you’re an idiot what of the difference in driver weight alone proves these 2 cars can not be 30 lbs. apart don’t you understand?

His engine does not make 50HP more! Oakley is a good builder but he ain’t doing anything that Scott isn’t doing. The fact is their engine and our engine are less than 15HP apart on the same dyno on the same day. Their quicker ET and faster MPH is due to the reasons I already stated.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Guys... I thought ya'll would have learned something at this point. There are SO many things involved in the weight of a car that MOST people don't think about it.

Tire and Brand
Wheels and Brand
Converter
amount of oil
carburetor
headers
battery
air compressor or not
calipers

The list goes on and on!

My cars weighed 1950 on the same scales at BG. I'm just about convinced to build a light weight car to show people what can be obtained. HMMMM

Posts: 2108 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post