New
Find
Notify
Tools

carb spacers
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
All the above mods are to compensate/balance out the unnecessary port adapters.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1834 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
one of my first builds
http://etdragracing.com/magazine/tag/wheelsup

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1834 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am finished being silly. I apologize for getting so far off track. I blame it on the Pandemic.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Let's go to the video, I can't remember what I ran. All I remember is getting there 15 minutes before first round. They said I could enter off the trailer no time run, so I hauled us up there barely made 1st round. I had the Reher Morrison spacer for this race. This was the 8th lap I made on this new 427 home brew combo.

Nice car, nice run & hard on the brakes FTW! Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Let's go to the video, I can't remember what I ran. All I remember is getting there 15 minutes before first round. They said I could enter off the trailer no time run, so I hauled us up there barely made 1st round. I had the Reher Morrison spacer for this race. This was the 8th lap I made on this new 427 home brew combo.

Nice car, nice run & hard on the brakes FTW! Wink

Thank you sir.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
All the above mods are to compensate/balance out the unnecessary port adapters.

Definitely wasn't putting down anything you've put together in the past. The header tube size suggestion was something I recently learned myself, in getting an education from a guy in NC who revolutionized header technology in NASCAR. I can never remember the guys name but he builds Australian Pro Stock headers nowadays, as everyone has now copied his header designs in NASCAR.

If you have big exhaust ports, you need a bigger primary than I recently learned about and suggested, but I definitely wasn't putting anything down you've done Larry. The suggestion was something I learned, put to use and was pleased by the performance. Figured I'd pass the performance benefits forward.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The guy in NC is Calvin Elston and he has retired.

That said, most bracket racers use headers that are too big. I ran 10.0s and 60 footed 1.28 off the footbrake with 1 3/4" primary tube headers on my 700HP 468 in my ALL steel 3880 lb. Chevelle with small tires and triple chrome plated bumpers too.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's him. Cool guy.

No ya didn't Ed. Your claims are out of keeping with reality.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
yes I did mickey witnessed by many at Piedmont Dragway including the track owner back on November 24, 2007 at 11:48 AM in the right lane, nearly 13 years ago. Facts not on line ET calculators.

Again, your 1.278 was never anything special but keep touting your claim to fame along with your running over a timing block conspiracy and maybe you'll find one clueless and naive test/tuner that believes you though you failed miserably over at YB in your thousands of attempts.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yeah ok Ed whatever you say, I ran over the block with my front tire and you went 1.28 60 ft.

No matter how out of keeping with reality your claims, we believe your delusional claims.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
here you go mickey, my time slip even has my car number, date, time, track name on it and the guy in the other lane, Bret Schlichtig aka Black Arrow Engines NahNahTounge

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
here you go mickey, my time slip even has my car number, date, time, track name on it and the guy in the other lane, Bret Schlichtig aka Black Arrow Engines NahNahTounge

Ed, is this a IQ test? LoL!

Can anyone else pass? Took me about three minutes.

Everyone take a good look at Ed's Evidence.

Ed you're ate up.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
mickey we see why you are so proud, you 60 footed exactly .01 quicker than my junk over a decade later, off the transbrake, with a gutted engine bay, a dominator carb, fiberglass hood, ugly ass front valence on your triple plated chrome bumper, gutted interior, ladder bar/welded in suspension and with 630 lbs. less weight. Bravo clapping

What a putz!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You're an ate up individual Ed.

I'm not gonna rat ya yet on your forgery.

Lets see who can spot it.

It's easy.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
another of your many failed attempts at casting aspersions mickey on anyone that calls you out on your bullshyt BlahBlah , it's the real deal. It was 13 years ago, but call Herb McCandless Jr the former owner of Piedmont or Bret, I'm sure they remember. Spitting

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's a simple IQ test ED.

To forge a time slip as evidence to prove a point, you're ate up.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Now that you've forged a time slip, which shows how ate up you are, and spammed the thread with photo's and video's no one cares about.

Ed, Tell us what any of it has to do with the topic of the thread, Carb spacers?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
same as your claimed 1.27 with your shytbox, in your first of many replies to this thread

quote:
Went 1.27 60 ft N/A sbc 3250 lbs 10 x 28 tire, dipped in the 5's all steel Nova using one.

now call them mickey or STFU!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
same as your claimed 1.27 with your shytbox.

Ok, so you have a forged time slip as evidence of performance. Now what spacer are you suggesting to the OP?

You're ate up Ed. It would be completely ok with me if you didn't respond to anything I say here.