Tools

carb spacers
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
All I'm seeing is dollar signs....

All I see is performance no one else in the world can produce using a Reher Morrison sheer anti -reversion 1 3/4 spacer.

The topic is what spacer should the OP consider. I'm not sure why you're commenting off topic if you don't run a spacer, thus no experience on the topic? Why are you commenting off topic with no practical experience?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
“No one else in the world” except another bracket racer in NJ who first did it over 10 years ago, with a 4150 carb, off the footbrake and through mufflers. Your head has been so far and for so long up your azz, your have brain damage. Either that or you were beaten senseless while doing your stint behind bars.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
“No one else in the world” except another bracket racer in NJ who first did it over 10 years ago, with a 4150 carb, off the footbrake and through mufflers. Your head has been so far and for so long up your azz, your have brain damage. Either that or you were beaten senseless while doing your stint behind bars.

Ed, quit this madness and call your engine builder. Maybe he can email or text you a time slip you can pretend matches the performance of the spacer I'm suggesting.

Pretending this that or the other off topic isn't evidencing any of your pretend claims.

Quit the madness and call your engine builder, surely he can match this junk sbc I threw together in the back yard to prove to myself how easily I could dip in the 5's n/a, with a street car on a 28 x 10 bias slick 3250 lbs with triple chrome plated steel bumpers.

Me having the desire to prove that to myself had nothing to do with you. So why are your feelers so hurt?

If you have a few extra bucks laying around I can build ya one just like it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
All I'm seeing is dollar signs....

All I see is performance no one else in the world can produce using a Reher Morrison sheer anti -reversion 1 3/4 spacer.

The topic is what spacer should the OP consider. I'm not sure why you're commenting off topic if you don't run a spacer, thus no experience on the topic? Why are you commenting off topic with no practical experience?

I have commented on the OP stating that I see no benefit using a spacer only. not saying that multiple small gains would not add up to some gain. but a spacer only is of minimal to 0 gain.

we got off topic when you started crowing about the triple chrome bumpers and 1.27 60ft times with a small block. and getting in a d2ck swinging contest with 1290 because you did not agree with his opinion. I would be willing to bet that if you took the $70 spacer off you would still have said performance.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We got off topic when I evidenced the spacers performance, and Ed got his feelers hurt.

If you pay a little closer attention I evidence pretty much everything I claim. That's what rational people do when debating.

Evidence is objective.

Opinions are subjective. You're entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts.

Facts are easily evidenced.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
whether you agree with 1290 or not (and I don't all the time) I will give him credit. his opinions are based on his personal experience. as is mine. I do not claim to know all there is and am willing to learn from others.

I have ran spacers and see no gain to speak of. therefore I can't see spending the $70 to try another one unless it picks me up a tenth.

ep-

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Who is 1290? Is 1290 Ed?

Ed doesn't even build his own powerplant, Why would I take Ed with anymore than a grain of salt?

I build my own, always have and always will. Transmissions too, always have and always will for myself as well as others.

Ed needs to get used to the fact he's no where near the level of experience or knowledge I am.

If Ed can accomplish this, Ed won't get his feelers hurt when I evidence performance of any part.

You don't learn from people with less experience.

Now when Hutch or even Greg FTI, Abruzzi comes in here, there's something to learn from them.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
ok

ep

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mickey the only area you have more experience or knowledge than I and speak from 1st hand experience is the inside of a jail cell and you bent over with a man behind you. I admit, I have no experience knowledge of this. Laughing very hard

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
ok

ep

The minutiae is in the understanding, the level of understanding is in the experience / study.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I never made it to a jail cell. Misdemeanors they typically release you on your own recognizanse before you make it to a jail cell. At least that's how it was three decades ago. So that's your only defense for not having experience eh? Ok

If you wanna be known as someone with some drag racing knowledge, as it's more than apparent it's important to you.

Building you're own powerplant is a pretty decent place to start.

Otherwise keep getting your panty's in a wad, every time someone evidences performance of a part you have no practical experience.

Chit slinging is always introduced by those who can't win a debate on facts. It's a diversion from facts.

Bring some evidence for verification.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Damn Mike, don't get your panties in a wad.....If a guy can't interject a bit of humor into things, what's the point?

Pauley gets it......

And FYI, I do run a spacer on my stuff, under the carb adapter plate...2" to be exact, purchased from a member here.....I honestly don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I really don't care. I run it for the same reason I did under carb spacers, clearance. If I'm gaining performance because I have it, great. If not, great too....I'm not worried about 10 hp here or there or whatever. I want my stuff to make the same power every time down the track, which it does....I want it to be consistent in performance, which it is....and respond to changes, which it also does. Is it a perfect combo? No...not by a long shot, but it runs very well for what it is...any issues I'm having are due to me, not the combo....

Back on topic, Pauley, I think if we go to a 265" from the 283", add one more inch to the spacer, and three additional holes, as well as remove the condenser from the points, will net us a gain of not less than 65 hp....thoughts?????

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
LoL, Take a look below one of a kind (evidence), the Reher Morrison spacer plate I'm suggesting to the OP, is working exceptionally well. There's nothing in here to trouble me.

Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Why is the bottom of the time slip covered up? Sure, you can write any et on the slip you want, but if I can't see the et, then how do I know it's not made up??? Post the whole time slip....60' is fine, but show all the data......and show car number as well......

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
LoL, Take a look below one of a kind (evidence), the Reher Morrison spacer plate I'm suggesting to the OP, is working exceptionally well. There's nothing in here to trouble me.

Laughing Hard

show us a ticket with A-B-a test. make a hit with $70 spacer then without $70 spacer then put $70 spacer back on. until this happens and data is viewed by me, Colorado, and 1290 then anything you are stating is opinion and not evidence. all I say about that.

now back to important stuff.
so Colorado we are going 10 holes, 49" spacer and 8 1 barrel carbs. no plug wires or points.

is this correct.

ep

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
so Colorado we are going 10 holes, 49" spacer and 8 1 barrel carbs. no plug wires or points.

is this correct.

ep

I didn't think about the no plug wires......damn, that could get us there.....lets add that in!

Mark Goulette

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Laughing Hard

show us a ticket with A-B-a test. make a hit with $70 spacer then without $70 spacer then put $70 spacer back on. until this happens and data is viewed by me, Colorado, and 1290 then anything you are stating is opinion and not evidence. all I say about that.

is this correct.

ep

It's fact, not an opinion you can't evidence a car all things equal, without a Reher Morrison spacer that runs better than this one.

The fact you can't is what makes everything you say opinion.

If you could we wouldn't be having the conversation.

There's plenty cars out there like this one running 6.20's and 30's n/a, that's typical for something like this car. Maybe they should try a spacer eh? Might be a good place to start.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
On a side note, I did notice my car seemed to be much more responsive when it drove next to the workbench that my shear plates are sitting on...

Mark Goulette

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It's fact, not an opinion you can't evidence a car all things equal, without a Reher Morrison spacer that runs better than this one.

The fact you can't is what makes everything you say opinion.

If you could we wouldn't be having the conversation.

There's plenty cars out there like this one running 6.20's and 30's n/a, that's typical for something like this car. Maybe they should try a spacer eh? Might be a good place to start.[/QUOTE]

so what you are saying is this $70 spacer is worth 3 to 4 tenths in et.

show the ticket where you did A-B-A test or everything you say is opinion.

ep-Colorado's car is trained to take itself to the work bench 4 tenths faster with the shear plate spacer

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
In the right hands, apparently so. Unless you can bring other evidence that'll convince with evidence otherwise.