New
Find
Notify
Tools

carb spacers
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Because I have the ports taped closed a larger header is required to overcome the restriction.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
And just as a point of interest, the Lamplighter does not have bumpers. Only plastic pieces supported by aluminum brackets

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
Because I have the ports taped closed a larger header is required to overcome the restriction.

It's my understanding that if you use a stepped header, taped ports are no longer an issue...but can actually increase hp substantially....HVAC tape is the best, duct tape can cause an et loss of .8-1.5 seconds though......

Laughing Hard

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
no offense Larry but unless you have the standard triple chrome bumpers some may say your claims are null and void.

also if Lamplighter bullet were to receive the RM spacer we are looking at some 5.60's Larry.

ep-headers worth .02 and plate worth .20. nice

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
no offense Larry but unless you have the standard triple chrome bumpers some may say your claims are null and void.

also if Lamplighter bullet were to receive the RM spacer we are looking at some 5.60's Larry.

ep-headers worth .02 and plate worth .20. nice

You can lead the horse to water, but you can't make em drink. Smile

Home built plain Jane

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
.OOX RT's every time shallow staged on a .370 tree, from an idle, on pump gas with the AC on max...

Fuelie heads, 4 bolt main, full race cam... Smile

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
.OOX RT's every time shallow staged on a .370 tree, from an idle, on pump gas with the AC on max...

Fuelie heads, 4 bolt main, full race cam... Smile

Brodix Track 1 233 - out of the box.

PKRE Edelbrock SV - 2 intake - not out of the box.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
we are all thirsty but we have seen no water in any of these claims. show the ticket

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
we are all thirsty but we have seen no water in any of these claims. show the ticket

ep

I get it now, you haven't seen the ticket. My bad, here it is.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

ep

this is not the ticket I want to see. if this is your ticket of your car which someone else has questioned that there is no car # or et at bottom. so this is a partial ticket of someone's run. not sure who.

I want comparable tickets done on same day with car # one with spacer and one without. so I guess I need two tickets in all fairness.

I can show a ticket with a 1 flat 60'. it just won't be mine.

ep

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

ep

wait a minute. when I evaluate this partial ticket closer. and look at the only parts of the ticket you are allowing us to see. I notice an over/under line. left lane is -1 and right lane is 20. so since I can not see the ticket in its entirety and this ticket tells us that someone is running 6.00 index can we assume that the left lane went 5.99 and the right lane went 6.20.

ep-trying to figure this out. where is Colorado when I need help

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Let's go to the video, I can't remember what I ran. All I remember is getting there 15 minutes before first round. They said I could enter off the trailer no time run, so I hauled us up there barely made 1st round. I had the Reher Morrison spacer for this race. This was the 8th lap I made on this new 427 home brew combo.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
lets go to the pic of the video. I can't get it to play.

ep

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
besides, a video or a pic of a video of a race where said spacer is installed does not tell us what it runs without said spacer.

ep

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
One note of interest as we are carrying on. The "home-built" card does not play with me. Everything I do is home-built. My ideas, my designs, gathered from 55 years of experience and lots of industry contacts.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]You can lead the horse to water, but you can't make em drink. Home built plain Jane

It's a FUC*iN quarter panel NOT a factory steel fender Super Angry

I couldn't post the stupid pic, I'm a computer idiot Roll Eyes

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Show the entire ticket Roll Eyes

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Looked like 108 mph to me

show the ticket ………

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add that my lamplighter has power windows but they are operated by a double pole, double throw toggle switch mounted on a home built bracket with home done wiring.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I also forgot to mention that it has 27 series, 12 volt, AGM battery

Larry Woodfin