Notify
Tools

carb spacers
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
again, none of them are worth anything on the time slip.

Likely true that a carb spacer alone won't show much on a timeslip, but if you can stack a few of those 10 HP finds together it will show up on the timeslip.

10 HP on a spacer, 10 HP on a carb, 9 HP on oil, 7 HP on lash, 18 HP on fuel, 11 HP on vac. pump, 40 HP on an intake.

None of those alone are worth much by themselves (except intake), but sure are worth it when added together. IMO if it is worth power, it is worth doing. Then keep digging for more.

Jason G.

'71 Chevelle
3370 lbs w/ SBC
5.93 @ 116.7 MPH - N/A

Posts: 345 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRacerSBC:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
again, none of them are worth anything on the time slip.

Likely true that a carb spacer alone won't show much on a timeslip, but if you can stack a few of those 10 HP finds together it will show up on the timeslip.

10 HP on a spacer, 10 HP on a carb, 9 HP on oil, 7 HP on lash, 18 HP on fuel, 11 HP on vac. pump, 40 HP on an intake.

None of those alone are worth much by themselves (except intake), but sure are worth it when added together. IMO if it is worth power, it is worth doing. Then keep digging for more.

Jason G.

You're pretty slick, I follow you a little. You just keep doing what you're doing N/A sbc.

You're loaded with good info. The only thing I've ever read from you that was a little shaky was your take on DXP, but we'll cover that after we get a few licks in with our 66 Chevy II, and everyone else does as well, DXP legal.

I will say the dude who won DXP Lights Out > Connelly, is an experienced guy nitrous, your not gonna out run that guy with a powerful N/A engine, you hang nitrous on. A nitrous specific engine power is wider.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
again, mickey your 1.27 60 foot with your shyt box ain't nothing special no mind the only all steel, triple chrome plated bumper car in the country to do it at 3250 lbs. n/a on small tires and for those that might be impressed by that, they ain't ever seen my former Chevelle run that 60 footed a best of 1.28 at 3880 lbs. off the footbrake and with your required triple chrome plated bumpers too. Razz

This also ain't the forum for lights out and that crowd. you and your numerous screen names were booted from there long ago.

That said, you'll need to find 30HP to see an real reduction in ET and gain in MPH you can see on the time slip.

FYI, there's free HP, faster MPH and reduced ET to be found in running lash loops yet few do it but can't wait to waste their $ and time on the latest go fast claim whether it be a spacer, carb, headers, manifold, yada, yada, yada

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed, call your engine builder, he may be able to text or email a time slip you can pretend is yours, in order to evidence your out of keeping with reality claims.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We could all avoid these failures to communicate, if everyone adhered to the honor system. in the honor system everything is based on rational thinking and evidence.

Honestly of all the carb spacers I believe Reher Morrison to be worthy of purchase, here's my evidence in these pages Ed contests but has no Evidence.

Why would Ed contest evidence of performance of a product? When he has nothing to evidence his out of keeping with reality claims and his contention is off topic?

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I added a 24" four hole spacer to my bone stock 283 chevy once and gained over 500 hp with no other changes......car went from running 16's in the quarter to very low 7's......

Falling of chair laughing

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1471 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I added a 24" four hole spacer to my bone stock 283 chevy once and gained over 500 hp with no other changes......car went from running 16's in the quarter to very low 7's......

So you don't agree with the 12hp spacer, 35hp intake, 15hp vacuum pump, 10hp oil, 10hp carb etc etc approach?

Why not?

I'd be slightly interested to hear this logic.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Falling of chair laughing

So the 48” spacer would be worth 1000hp right? Where you get the 24” spacer I would like to give it a try

ep-funny

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

So you don't agree with the 12hp spacer, 35hp intake, 15hp vacuum pump, 10hp oil, 10hp carb etc etc approach?

Why not?

I'd be slightly interested to hear this logic.

Why do all of that when one spacer will get the job done

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:

So the 48” spacer would be worth 1000hp right? Where you get the 24” spacer I would like to give it a try

ep-funny

I never thought of it that way, thanks! I'm taking my Reher Morrison sheer anti-reversion spacer plate off right now, and putting fiberglass doors, fenders, bumpers, lexan windows and tubbing it out, with steamroller tires!

Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:

ep-funny

It's exponential...the 48" should increase 4x........and that was with a two barrel carb with quadrajets and holley double pumpers...

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1471 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

ep-funny

It's exponential...the 48" should increase 4x........and that was with a two barrel carb with quadrajets and holley double pumpers...

so let me make sure I get this. you are running a 24" spacer with 4 holes and one carb per hole. correct?

are the bumpers chrome? that will make a difference on 24" spacer performance.

ep

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
so let me make sure I get this. you are running a 24" spacer with 4 holes and one carb per hole. correct?

ep

No, one carb, two holes. The other two create a performance dynamic that causes the super ram effect that results in the increased hp. Bumpers are PAINTED chrome, with paint from wally world...That's the key though, it's got less drag than paint from home depot....

Mark Goulette

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I found one of Ed's claims we can evidence and agree on. Common ground.

Looters Lives Matter

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

ep

No, one carb, two holes. The other two create a performance dynamic that causes the super ram effect that results in the increased hp. Bumpers are PAINTED chrome, with paint from wally world...That's the key though, it's got less drag than paint from home depot....

You should sign up for the next JJ's arm drop. I think Doughboy runs them fancy chrome bumpers too

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had a guy PM me on FB to find out where I got my chrome coated plastic bumpers LoL. He said they looked just like real chrome plated steel bumpers!

I replied they are real chrome plated steel bumpers.

I ain't cutt'n up and hack'n up my 69 SS Nova, ain't gonna happen.

Still has the factory wiring harness and fuse box.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
quote:
quote:

ep

You should sign up for the next JJ's arm drop. I think Doughboy runs them fancy chrome bumpers too

me and colorado gonna call jj out when we get the 48" spacer 4 hole 7 carb deal worked out. we may have to sand the wally world paint off of the bumpers and get the hit. i gonna ride with colorado and do the looking while he does the driving. we gonna roll jj through nothin at the flashlight.

ep

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:

me and colorado gonna call jj out when we get the 48" spacer 4 hole 7 carb deal worked out. we may have to sand the wally world paint off of the bumpers and get the hit. i gonna ride with colorado and do the looking while he does the driving. we gonna roll jj through nothin at the flashlight.

ep

may go all out for that and double time the single points. I'll put the 7/8 cam back in with the triple hump heads too and put the flow masters back on. upside down air cleaner lid and disconnect the choke. them boys won't know what hit them. gonna put super high octane 91 unleaded in it too....holy hell this thing will be fast....

Mark Goulette

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

ep

may go all out for that and double time the single points. I'll put the 7/8 cam back in with the triple hump heads too and put the flow masters back on. upside down air cleaner lid and disconnect the choke. them boys won't know what hit them. gonna put super high octane 91 unleaded in it too....holy hell this thing will be fast....

I can hear it now.

brakes, brakes, brakes. aw sh1t, sorry Colorado, gas, gas, gas.

ep-lotta sh1t going on for the W. we covering all side bets

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
All I'm seeing is dollar signs.... Falling of chair laughing

Mark Goulette