DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4817 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Don't she look purty?

Posts: 4817 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I was looking for the "LIKE" button. Cool truck.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looking good Floyd!
Have fun.

Hope everyone is well.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
What a great looking Hay hauler. Everyone on the team did a great job. CONGRATS the truck lives.

clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Is it still open to anyone or is it for the "Trade" only?
Just wondering......

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4475 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Still "trade only", but they never check anything, you just have to register as "Daves Automotive" or something like that as a buyer.

Posts: 299 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
You have to have a pass and they check at the door.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ryan Martin paid us a visit at SEMA.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I been gone a week. My nurse duty is also about terminated now and I am being allowed to go racing this weekend at Farmington Foot Brake nationals. Hope to see some friends there. Mama is doing well.

Glad you had a good time at SEMA Floyd and hope you all got home ok.

Stand up for your country.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
We had a great time. Got home fine.
Marty came home Sunday so he could gat some rest.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I forgot about this. My future ex wife.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
I forgot about this. My future ex wife.

Laughing Hard

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey all! Nice to see everyone posting. Sorry I've been MIA, always want to pop in at least weekly, but life happens.

Sept 14-17, I worked the WDRA East Division bracket finals as the car caller here at Keystone. It was exciting, as the team championship came down to the last pass, Keystone's Tom Scott getting the win in Top for himself and getting the team title for KRP. It is a lot of steps and standing, so I was whupped once we finished on Sunday.

Sept 21-24, I announced the WDRA Northern Division bracket finals at US131. It was my first time there, really nice place. That was exciting too, team US131 getting the title when their no box racer beat Mid Michigan's in the final. On the way home, my girlfriend got to pop in and surprise her aunt for her birthday, and afterwards we were able to stop by my friends outside of Toledo for a quick visit.

Sept 29-Oct 1, I was back behind the wheel of my G body Cutlass, at Norwalk/Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park's No Box Bonanza. I was right, it was the sprag in the trans that I broke in August. I got a new one, Mike got it back together, and I took a leap of faith that the car would be fine. Friday night, took both entries into round 2, and was drinking a beer, watching the action from the 1/8th mile stands when round 3 started. Saturday, had a couple of issues, causing me to guess so so very wrong on the dial first entry, then getting too aggressive with the second entry. I won one of the reentries, and made it to third round to get paired up with Nick Hastings. I was .011 to his .022, kicked the floorboard twice, and ended up behind .008. I killed about .012, going .03 above, who knows how much he killed. Bad dude for sure. During all of this, I notice my oil pressure was lower than normal. I chalked it up to being over 1/4 mile away from the lanes, double entered, and the diaper. Sunday morning, nope, not right. I should have 60psi cold at start up, and I had 45. I ran my first entry, and the car wasn't right. I drained the oil, pulled the filter and cut it open, and I have metal. 24 passes on this refresh, really frustrating and disappointing. I think that was a factor in why I wasn't covering against Nick.

Oct 6-8, I was in Darlington to announce WDRA Southeast Division bracket finals. It was the first time I was there since 1997. Good time, great racing, lots of adventures. Tammi and I stopped at New River Gorge on the way down, love it there. On the way home, we stopped at Sandhills National Wildlife Refuge, where Tammi, a bird nerd, got to check off 2 life birds (and me by default).

Oct 12-14, it was off to Mason Dixon with the '69 Cutlass for the Southern Bracket Racing Association bracket finals. I was working from the track Thursday, and didn't get to see much racing action, as a spectator to cheer my friends on or as a driver. Friday I was able to just race. With the forecast turning to crap Saturday and Sunday, they moved the $6k main event from Sunday to Friday, running the $2k gamblers first round first. I went out second round of the $6k, and third round of the $2k.

Back home, our Halloween themed race was scheduled for Oct 20-22, but weather pushed it back to Oct 27-29. I lost first round Friday night, but the race never made it to second round, as a light rain came just around sunset, parked for a bit and washed the night out. Saturday, I held the horseshoe round 1, then did my job in round 2. Rain got us again, and washed Sunday out too.

The rainout weekend, we got the engine pulled, metal in the oil pan. Nothing up in the heads. We pulled #5 rod cap and #3 main cap, bearings have some scoring, but looked better than I expected them to be. Could be the other rods or mains, or cam bearings. We'll see when it gets torn all the way down.

All the real life stuff is good too. Work is work. Tammi is great. Family is good.

FLoyd, Hay Hauler looks awesome. Glad to see you back. Nick, I hope you're feeling better, been meaning to check in. Fern, hope your patient is doing well, sure sounds like it. All of you, glad you're stopping in.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd a week with that would kill a young man. You better pass. Kathryn is doing great but not 100%

Foot brake nationals this weekend at Farmington. A young me won this once and runner upped to Finchum once. Good race with lots of friends.

Chuck you came a long way since we met years ago.

Everyone stay safe and stand up for your country.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah Fern, but what fun that would be. Laughing very hard

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear Kathryn is doing well. Good luck at Farmington. Thanks Fern.

Floyd, I like the way you think! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post