DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good morning y'all. Glad some of ya are getting out there and having fun. Rainy day here in Wilmington NC, so I'm staying indoors for now. I've been spending what free time I can make, working on making my trailer road worthy again. Gave it a bath for the 1st time in 7 years. 90% of the black streaks are gone. Some minor shadows still showing where the darkest mess was, but from 10' away, it's mostly white once again. A neighbors tree is close to the rear driver side which seems to have made that area quite a bit uglier. Got the inside cleaned out from my necessary junk I've been storing inside. Swapped the hand jack with a nice electric unit and got new tires this week. The old tires had a whopping 200-300 miles on them, but were 7 years old and dry rotted. I spoke with my buddy Robbie, and it looks like we may get time in a few weeks to restart the car and give it a good looking over before making any passes in it. Been trying to remember the last time it ran. either late 2014 or early 2015. I don't know if It will see the dragstrip before the end of this year, but I can definitely see it happening in early 2024. Feeling kinda antsy, like a kid close to Christmas, in respect to racing again.

Floyd, it sounds like SEMA was a good time for you. That is one great looking truck. My brother had a 72 Chevy truck he started turning into a hotrod before he passed away in 2016. Wish I could have kept it instead of selling, but being realistic, it would take years before I'd get to finishing it for him. Better to let someone else take over and enjoy it.

Fern, Good to hear your #1 gal is recovering well. Good luck in Farmington this weekend. Hope the weather stays outta the way. It's raining on us in Wilmington all day today. Haven't looked at tomorrows forecast yet.

Chuck, it appears you've been pretty damm busy for a while. Hope your repairs go easy on you and your wallet.

Ya'll have a great weekend. If you're racing, turn on some win lights and let us know how it's going.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 111 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well I got both numbers win lights first round. 2nd round lost both, one by .001 and the other by .003. Close but done for the day. Chad Dotson and Derrick Harris (Tootsie Roll) in the final. Chad for the first win of the weekend. More today. Oh, 188 entries.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good evening, everyone!

Trying to get caught up with this thread. While I haven't been as busy as ChuckT or maybe I have, just don't want to hammer it out.

This past month & half has been hectic: Race car issues/fixing, Boy getting married, friends/family visiting, getting ready for Thanksgiving race(s) & hopefully Hangover race(s), & a bunch of other everyday retired life shyt. Big Grin

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING working harder/busier in retirement. Eek
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2571 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
B--I been retired 23 years now and still don't know how I ever worked and took care of all this other "STUFF".

More of the same at Farmington race. Still no buy backs. Won a few rounds and lost one to Hannah Blevins, red light, and the other to Derrick Harris, .002 light. I just had a good time and saw lots of folks I had not seen in years. The track was hooking, my car was 1.33 60ft every hit and the crew did an excellent job all day both days. Special thanks to David Spaugh for fixing my electrical short. Kept me in the game! Don't know who won Sunday as they were still at it when I exited. Everyone stay safe.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
B--I been retired 23 years now and still don't know how I ever worked and took care of all this other "STUFF".

Fern,

While I've only been retired 1.5 years, I totally agree with you!

2BKING has only one regret in retiring, I should have done it sooner. Wink
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2571 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Amen!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern, how was the track at Farmington? Didn't they just finish repaving?

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 111 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I don't think it could have been any better. My car which usually leaves flat as a flounder was picking up the wheels 6 to 8 in and 60 was 1.33 EVERY hit. Every FULL pass was 6.46 except one 6.459. My car is always very consistent but that track was 100% and so was the weather. If your car had trouble working there you better work on it.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Glad they got the track fixed. Pretty sure I remember hearing, it was supposed to be a simple task early this year, that turned into a nightmare for them.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening guys, how y’all been doing. Been getting some rain here, we really need it to. Watching her Door Car nationals, what a great race.

You all have a great Sunday.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good Evening everyone, hope that you had a great week and that next week is even better! Stay safe and be thankful that you live in the USA.

Bob

Posts: 3088 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Morning all! Spent the day mostly under the dash of my wife's 66 c10 doing some wiring stuff. Heating pad on my neck this morning. LOL! We are going to finish up bleeding the brakes and take it to breakfast this morning.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good mornin all. Man am I tired yesterday Mike and I finally got the motor set in his Boss 429 clone we have been building for 4 years wow what a squeeze even with the Chris Alston front end and no shock towers in the way it fills that compartment up takin the day off today-lol

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Did anyone notice that the runner up and winner were the same car at Galot door car race yesterday? $20 grand for first + the runner up check.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I did Fern.
Had a lot of friends racing there.
Best lost 6th round Saturday race.
He lost third rnd to the winner. Or the runner up on Sundays race!

Hope everyone is well here.

Go Eagles!!!
I don't even believe they will win either! Gotta try

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lots of friends there also. This Fri and Sat we venture up to Piedmont to the foot brake race. Should be a good one.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern and everyone else good morning, wow looks like you guys are racing a lot ****her into the fall, good for you guys. I haven’t raced since late September but anxious to get back out there. The car is already just got to get myself ready to rock ‘n’ roll.

Thanksgiving is coming so you all have a great time with Friends and family. We all have a lot to be thankful for, I know I’m . Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'll be spending Thanksgiving getting to the track and parked---eat leftovers Sunday!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I'll be spending Thanksgiving getting to the track and parked---eat leftovers Sunday!

To me that’s the best Thanksgiving you could have.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Since I logged in.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I'm going to breakfast with my son and then going to finish the leaves!
Looking forward to breakfast, not so much for the leaves!

Side note: Drove past Atco raceway today, which I do most days. I hardly hate people, but hope Len Capone gets food poisoning tomorrow as a minimum.

I'll be watching MotorMania races through out the weekend. Good luck foot feeders!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post