DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good evening. Been a little while since logging on. Still wide open with work, and things I need to get done for the family. Fern, I hope the little lady is healing up well and back to normal soon. J178RED, Hope those tough roads are getting easier on ya.

Have several friends who raced recently at the WDRA and NHRA bracket finals a couple weeks ago and did well. One of em won the NHRA EV race of champions which sends him to the NHRA finals in Vegas. A couple others qualified for the WDRA Summit World Championships in their respective classes. A good friend of mine won the team captains race at WDRA bracket finals in Darlington as well, while his daughter grabbed runner up in the no box gamblers race. Really good to see friends doing well. I just hope they take it easy on me when I get back out there, hopefully this spring.

I spent some time over the weekend clearing out the stuff I've been storing in the trailer that's been keeping the Camaro company, and doing some trailer maintenance to insure it's road ready. Seems I may have forgotten how heavy cast iron cylinder heads are. Relocated a dozen of them from the trailer to the garage. Only a 40 foot walk, but every pound of iron made itself well known. I'll replace the flat/rotted tires and use the wheelbarrow next time. Last time the Camaro ran was either late 2014 or spring 2015. I'm hoping to spend some time with it this weekend. Knowing how things can deteriorate over time while simply sitting in the dark trailer, I figure I'll have my hands full looking over anything that can be affected by neglect. Thinking about going to CPD Saturday for the Classic Gear Jammers race. Also having a Nostalgia race reunion this weekend and a match race between a couple blown altereds. Should be a pretty good show.

Y'all have a great week and keep lighting the win lights.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 111 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hi Y'all!
The ay hauler is all done and the trailer has new tires and new brakes on both axles. They even put a break a way switch on it.
We are all ready for SEMA.
If you get there just look for a bunch of Aussies around a turquois C10.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You goin Floyd? Kathryn is walking with the walker but that won't last long as for last 2 days we walked down the street and back. everyone stay safe and stand up for your country

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yes Fern, we are going. We have a 2 bed suite at the Westgate and Marty has arranged for a scooter to get me around at the show.
I'm really looking for ward to seeing all those Aussies.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Glad you are getting to go and will be able to get around and see things.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The Hay Hauler will be center of attention in the Turbosmart booth 21513 central hall.
The turbos are new and they are introducing some new boost controllers.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd that is some great news! I hope you have s great time! Text some photos to me! They got a good system for my SBC 412” low compression beast? Nick

Dancing Cat

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick
I'm sure they do. You can't buy at SEMA though. You will have to contact a turbosmart distributor.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Floyd I was just kidding as my car is set up at 10.20 in Tucson and 10.00 in Vegas. and I don’t have any wants to go faster. All the other 9.99 Certs it’s just not what I want to do. I’m a low budget guy With Motors that will go before freshing at 700 hits . I hope you have a great time at Seema. New wheels look great but the truck always did look good.

hey everybody have a great weekend, try to do something fun! Nick

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick,
Those are the old wheels, just cleaned up. The new ones wouldn't fit, the studs are the wrong size. It's all dependent on what's available.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Nick,
Those are the old wheels, just cleaned up. The new ones wouldn't fit, the studs are the wrong size. It's all dependent on what's available.

haha had me fooled!!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
How about some pics of the ole Hay Hauler! Big Grin

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2571 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The hay hauler is done, running and headed to SEMA as we speak. I look forward to next Wednesday when I get there.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Floyd,

The Hay Hauler is looking good, thanks for posting up the pics!

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2571 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Off to SEMA. I'll have more pictures of the engine set up after it gets in the show.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good to see you going Floyd, have fun. Mama took a big step yesterday and drove her car for the first time. Has not been a month since the surgery so she is doing really good. I guess Galot was over run with cars last weekend. Perfect conditions and no other NC track making an effort to run made that possible. Lots of cars and racers here want to run but no one seems to notice. I hope Jim Howard changes all of that at Rockingham next year and gives racers somewhere to call home. So today the temp drops 30 degrees!!!! Everyone stay safe and stand up for your country.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern
Really looking forward to it. Proud of my boy and his team.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
FYI
There is a long video on FB giving cudos to all the team.
I wish I could copy it to this post,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Here are the turbos.