DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Cactus clash it’s been around for three years that team of five racers this is the second year last year they only had 10 teams . Plus a cool race Mexico versus USA, 16 best racers on each side should be very cool also. One thing about the guys from Mexico they have the best barbecue bar none! It was amazing one year they broughtto the track with everybody thought it was the skin of a whole cow in one piece, and it was a huge free for All . The guys in Mexico are become some heavy hitters beautiful cars.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good evening y'all. Hope everyone's doing well. No real progress over here in respect to getting a race car up and running yet, but there's light in the tunnel. Just not sure how close to the end of that tunnel we are. I have a few friends that went to Galot this weekend. One made it down to 4 cars in yesterdays race. Always good to see/hear my friends doing well out there. Looks like the weatherman is sending us a nasty storm this week. Any of y'all in the SE areas, stay safe and dry. Have a great week and keep turning on thos win lights...

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys! And gals!!!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes it is a very good morning today Barry.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1014 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Glad you guys are no longer lurking, hope others follow!

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No more lurking, I'm back and very happy to be back. Thanks Scott.

Posts: 1014 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:

Dang Barry happy to see you post here! It’s been a while, hope everything is going good for you.

To all who post here have a great week!

We down here in the SW are a little warm 109 tomorrow 111, but then cool down to 90-94 for race weekend.

It's so Hot

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
quote:

Dang Barry happy to see you post here! It’s been a while, hope everything is going good for you.

To all who post here have a great week!

We down here in the SW are a little warm 109 tomorrow 111, but then cool down to 90-94 for race weekend.

It's so Hot

Thanks! Yeah you will see a few more guy’s return here and post.
All good here, hot yes but busy making power.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah you will see a few more guy’s return here and post.

I've noticed a few coming back to post & have also noticed a few that are not posting.

Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Guess I better post so no one thinks I left with Ed---I did not realize he got booted. Of course I was never involved in any of that anyway, Ed never hurt me. Anyway where is Floyd, I mean he used to be here every day. Only racing here is not enough to motivate me to load up but its sure a nice weekend to be at the track. Hurricane missed here other than a little rain. Everyone have a nice weekend and stay safe.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon DDR posters, special one goes out to Fern hope your doing good. Also I’ve noticed lately is this place is a lot more mellow, no name Calling! It hasn’t happened in a long time. I’ll be racing this weekend and the temperatures in the southwest are going to be cool compared to what we’ve had between 89 and 93 that’s like spring weather so we’re gonna have a great one y’all take care .

AS the weekend comes Upon us have a great one do something fun.

And make my milkshake extra large and chocolate please

Relaxing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
hey everyone I just got a call from Floyd he sounded like he was in good spirits. He’s in the hospital getting some tests and is there waiting for results. I didn’t get into what was wrong. His son still working on the truck they’re going to get it finished real soon and then it’s going to go to Sema this year, He’s way excited about that.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nick

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! Sorry to have been away this long, but awesome to see the activity! It took me a half hour to catch up on it all.

It's been a bit nuts here, trying to keep everything in balance. A couple of 3 days weekends working at the track, work work, beach week with the family, back for Night of Fire at KRP, a day's thrash getting the engine and trans back in the '81, racing.

William, I am very sorry for your loss. I wish I had read that when I was on my beach week. We were in Brunswick county. I'll try to remember next year, maybe we can grab lunch.

Fern, are you headed to Bristol this weekend? I wish I was. Looks like I'm missing the WFC next year, for my niece's wedding in CA. Maybe I can get to the $100k race instead.

M120, I want to tease you about being a Philthy fan, but at least you have winning baseball on your side of the state. I do like the kids the Pirates have playing now. It's what I've wanted, instead of retread veterans collecting a paycheck.

As Nick said, I got to race Saturday. The '69 is tired, but I'm glad it got me through, even though I only won 2 rounds in it. Friday night, 37 dead 5 was no good against 21 dead 7. Saturday, I was back in the '81, finally, thanks to my buddy Mike. We made a lot of good progress on Sunday the 20th, and he spent the time knocking out the last few hours of little things, then towed it up to the track for me Saturday. It went 7.15, 7.13, 7.11, 7.12. Missed the tree and got packaged up first round of no box. .006 and pedaling to 7.14 on a .13 for a win in round 1 of box. Lost the no box reentry. Second round of box, won on a red, pulled second gear, and nothing happened. Put it in third and coasted down the track. I watched the tach on the 1-2 shift coming up the return road, rpm didn't drop. I think it's the sprag in the trans, Mike thinks it's the lugs in the case. We'll see when we dig into it this weekend.

Great to see everyone in here! I'll try to be back in more often.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ChuckyT,

Glad you showed up to the party, I was getting ready to give you a Shout Out!

As usual...Hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone, hope that you and your Families are all healthy and well! Just stopped by to say "Hello".

Yesterday was (hopefully) the last day of hot weather, it cooled off to a nice 87 degrees. The next 10 day forecast appears to be in the low 80's, high 70's. Two days ago it was 111 on our patio.

Now in my early, low, not quite mid 80's my last appointment with the Doctor was very positive, she's positive I am going to provide her with the future funds for that new 90 foot boat and a Rolls Royce. That appears to mean than I'm in good health and can continue driving my Roadster.

I'll be traveling back to Hattiesburg Mississippi in mid December to attend a grandson's wedding and maybe get a day at the local races in the Jacksonville area.

If Phil and or Joey Cambria from the Reading, Pa. area visit DRR I just wanted to say hello, hope you guys have had a successful season. I raced with Phil about a million years ago when I lived on a farm south of Reading.

Everyone be well, stay safe and watch your 6.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good Friday evening all. Hope everyone is well and the weather is good for you tomorrow so that you can enjoy our hobby. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
No more lurking, I'm back and very happy to be back. Thanks Scott.

Welcome back.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4020 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good late evening to everyone, hope all is well with everyone!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Curly1, this is real nice now that there is no more bickering. Looking forward to intelligent conversations with positive thoughts. Missed you folks.