DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been here at Myrtle Beach, SC since last Thursday. Parked just in back of the dunes with the ocean 100 yards away. Temps from high 50s to 80s. Going back home tomorrow to get ready to go to Florida for New Years race. You need that rain Floyd. Feel bad for those in the Tornadoes path. Had my share of that in OK and TX years ago. Those are no joke. Everyone be safe

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Have fun Fern.
It's cold, for us, out here and supposed to get over 1/2" of rain tonight and tomorrow with a lot of snow on Cajon Pass.
Blue Man

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Just got the shocking news that another old drag racing buddy passed yesterday. Chico McNamara and I raced together and were friends for 25-30 years out here in California. Cico will be sorely missed. Praying

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd we are old and they keep dropping like flys. Came home from the beach today and its going to be below freezing tonight--D AM

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
You're right Fern.

Funny story. Chico had a bit of a drinking problem and it would get him in trouble once in a while. One day hanging around the race shop he started saying he wanted to buy Jim's roadster. Jim said you can't afford it. Well, Jim put a price on it and Chico said I'll take it. He went to his truck and got his checkbook and paid for it. It's way to much car for Chico so it stayed at the shop, Jim continued to drive it but it was Chico's car. Chico on the left.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,
I just noticed on the calendar that it's only 1 week till Christmas. It snuck up on me this year.
In case I forget again, Merry Christmas everybody and Happy New Year.
Y'all have a gooden. Dancing Cat

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd we are old so we are allowed to forget. I just forgot grand daughters birthday last week! I am supposed to go to Bradenton for the New Years race 28 Dec. Got to get myself ready to go. Oh and by the way Merry Christmas

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah Fern,
If I didn't have a calendar on my phone and daughters to remind me I would forget most everything. Biggest problem I have is with names.
Have a good time in Bradenton. Good luck.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Names?, you mean people have names? I to have a hard time remembering names.

Had a vibration in front tires on motor home so got that taken care of, filled propane tank, and diesel fuel. $3.17. Car is ready also but thats all. Now I got to get myself ready, stock up with food, etc. for trip to Bradenton next week. Seems to take more effort every time. Got Rodney Finchum and little man for co pilots for the trip...company is good. Everyone be careful--its a zoo out there.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
$3.17 for diesel? I felt lucky getting it for 4.49 with my Chevron discount.
Don't forget the hot dogs and beans.
Have a great trip and good luck.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Great price for fuel Fern, and company is alway good! Good Luck!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Great price for fuel Fern, and company is alway good! Good Luck!

Oh just rub in the fuel costs Fern! Feel the Burn! Lol!!
Have fun , be safe!
Merry Christmas to y’all!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes I am getting it good both ways---oil&gas leases are paying more and here for some reason prices are down. I also paid $3.23 last week at Myrtle Beach. I'll let you know as I go to FL.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
When did you leave the bay area ? 80’s?
Never mind, answered my question.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

It's cold and wet out here on the left coast. Supposed to rain straight through Sunday. I hope Santa has a wet suit. He might need it.

Y'll have a gooden. Blue Man

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
BP if you are talking to me I left CA in the early 60s.

Floyd today here in NC it is 65 and not a cloud anywhere--no rain in sight and they are saying 70s Christmas day. Looks like it will be in the 80s while I am in Bradenton and no rain. What a deal.

If I don't get back here everyone have a merry Christmas.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas, y'all.
I'll be with my loved ones and remembering what it was.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Merry Christmas, y'all.
I'll be with my loved ones and remembering what it was.

That’s pretty special Floyd. Not worthy
All we really have is memories.

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks Barry, 1-01-2022 it will be 22 years. I talk to her everyday.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

It's still cold and wet out here. Supposed to stay tis way till the New Year. Woody is going to need 2 sweaters and I'm going to need long johns.
Hope Fern is warm in Bradenton.
Y'all have a gooden. Blue Man